Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Why are most healers females?

• Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Due to the current political climate and educational system of the last 50 years, it is unlikely you will get a reasonable answer to that. The closest to trying to reasonably answer that are those suggesting that it is due to inherent societal influences and their long term effects.

Even if you had legitimate statistical data to backup your question, asking that question is a red flag for many people. You cannot in today’s society point to any disparities between representation of the sexes or genders, other than to decry the proposed patriarchy.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    : shrug : i think the first reply answered that, but obviously there are exceptions to the rule.

Personally I do all 3 roles because I like to flexible and be able to help out ppl in my guild regardless of role.
    Options
  • Hati
    Hati
    ✭✭✭
    Due to the current political climate and educational system of the last 50 years, it is unlikely you will get a reasonable answer to that. The closest to trying to reasonably answer that are those suggesting that it is due to inherent societal influences and their long term effects.

Even if you had legitimate statistical data to backup your question, asking that question is a red flag for many people. You cannot in today’s society point to any disparities between representation of the sexes or genders, other than to decry the proposed patriarchy.

This pretty much sums it up
    The one who hates.

Options
  • Foxhearted
    Foxhearted
    ✭✭✭
    why does it matter?
    Options
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does ESO have a predominantly male player base? It seems about even to me and it's not uncommon for me to be the only male in many guild groups. Granted, I tend to do my of my grouping from my three trade guilds but even my small trials/dungeon guild is predominantly female.

That said, I do agree that there seem to be far more female healers and tanks than DPS.
    Options
  • Thokri
    Thokri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because on most trials, it is very passive and slightly easier job.

Easy to learn but hard to master.

Most males (For reasons I don't understand) want to take female players to trials even if they are slightly less capable players than male so it is easier to get them in as easier job.

This does not mean all female players are bad, I know one I grudgingly can admit is better than me in certain games, but most are casual. As are most players in general but casual males get ignored where as female players, even as casual get often raised to pedestal.

To say it is because female players are more compassionate.. You clearly have never competed against ones :D
    Edited by Thokri on February 19, 2020 8:04PM
    Options
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

As this thread has derailed with baiting and insulting commentary, we've decided to close it down. Please be sure to keep our Community Rules in mind when posting on our forums.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.