The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is this legit animation cancelling?

• Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    Ramber wrote: »
    msalvia wrote: »
    Sincere, salt-free question here, as I'm trying to get my pvp game up. Recently was playing in IC and kept fighting another player (same guy each time). We fought 4 different times, and each time, the guy managed to land (per my death summary) a d-swing, 2h heavy attack, and executioner is under 1 second. At first I thought it was a desync, but the exact same combo killed me 4 different times, all in >1 second, no exaggeration. Seemingly, that all hit me in the same instant.

If this is a real animation cancel strategy, I want to learn it! Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm ok at ACing, but haven't ever found a way to make 2 abilities with cast times hit at the same time, let alone adding an executioner to the mix.

Thanks in advance. Help me L2P and "get gud," all you ESO geniuses.

macros

Lol no macros can’t bypass the global cool down and don’t work in laggy games like eso, next

I think I’ve seen people try. Block the dizzy and if the person hits executioner when you’re above 50% health it’s probably a macro.

Or... they are just used to doing their rotation on squishies and it didn’t work, but yeah let’s blame macros, ugggh
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    The game is definitely a complex one. I didn’t know you could preload the medium/heavy attack during dizzy. I’ll have to practice that.

Any action that obeys and adheres to the GCD, meaning they can not be activated while the CGD is refreshing, can be input .5 seconds before it's up. Since white attacks do not initialize the GCD but they do obey its rule, they can be buffered. This is why light attack weaving works the way It does. Regarding medium an heavies, you arent "charging" them during that .5 second window, but by holding your white attack button down, you are guarunteeing that the moment the GCD refreshes, you are charging the medium or heavy at the soonest possible time allowed by the game. So generally you get a medium attack out .2 seconds after the GCD and you go right into another ability activation. That's why the combo in question occurs within roughly 1.2 to 1.5 seconds.
  • Nightwiish
    Nightwiish
    ✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

There have been scenarios where people can replicate macro slice like combos, but these have been debunked by zos already as being client side visual bugs that have no bearing on the target.

He is speaking the truth.

As someone who have extensively tested this, I believe posting videos of successful re-creation of "Macro Slice" "Animation cancel" helps a lot in these conversations.

Here two of my videos of what is called a "Macro Slice". One with Dizzying Swing and another with Jabs. As confirmed above both of these are visual bugs on the client side

Dizzying Swing - Macro Slice Visual bug 2 Dizzying back to back
    https://youtu.be/jDW7ieQsp7E

Biting Jabs - Macro Slice Visual bug damage from first jabs is registering but visual is not
    https://youtu.be/8yCUiaEAn4M
    Sincere, salt-free question here, as I'm trying to get my pvp game up. Recently was playing in IC and kept fighting another player (same guy each time). We fought 4 different times, and each time, the guy managed to land (per my death summary) a d-swing, 2h heavy attack, and executioner is under 1 second. At first I thought it was a desync, but the exact same combo killed me 4 different times, all in >1 second, no exaggeration. Seemingly, that all hit me in the same instant.

If this is a real animation cancel strategy, I want to learn it! Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm ok at ACing, but haven't ever found a way to make 2 abilities with cast times hit at the same time, let alone adding an executioner to the mix.

It is really a L2P issue.This is entirely possible and even as quick as .300 and .500 secs to have Dizzying Swing>Medium Weave>Executioner. You can even do better with Dizzying Swing>Poison>Medium Weave>Executioner>Bash around .750 secs or better. It is all about the timing of pre-loads of mediums, releases of left mouse key, pressing the Executioner and cancel with block/bash/roll

Again, here is an example with time stamp;

Dizzying Swing>Medium Weave>Executioner .340 secs
    https://youtu.be/lXXzUyouc74

Dizzying Swing>Poison>Medium Weave>Executioner>Bash .8 secs
    https://youtu.be/4N0rHxq3T44
    @loki220
    Nighwtiish - Stam NB
    silvermetal - Stam DK
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightwiish wrote: »

There have been scenarios where people can replicate macro slice like combos, but these have been debunked by zos already as being client side visual bugs that have no bearing on the target.

As someone who have extensively tested this, I believe posting videos of successful re-creation of "Macro Slice" "Animation cancel" helps a lot in these conversations.

Here two of my videos of what is called a "Macro Slice". One with Dizzying Swing and another with Jabs. As confirmed above both of these are visual bugs on the client side

Biting Jabs - Macro Slice Visual bug damage from first jabs is registering but visual is not

It is really a L2P issue.This is entirely possible and even as quick as .300 and .500 secs to have Dizzying Swing>Medium Weave>Executioner. You can even do better with Dizzying Swing>Poison>Medium Weave>Executioner>Bash around .750 secs or better. It is all about the timing of pre-loads of mediums, releases of left mouse key, pressing the Executioner and cancel with block/bash/roll

I've been practicing on a dummy, and you can do a light > dswing > heavy > executioner > bash. That's a lot of dmg in 1 second. I had no idea it was possible.

Edited by MaxJrFTW on February 20, 2020 2:33PM
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

I've been practicing on a dummy, and you can do a light > dswing > heavy > executioner > bash. That's a lot of dmg in 1 second. I had no idea it was possible.

You can do something similarish with a magsorc too. It’s not quite as effective but hard casting frags with overload is actually more bust if you combine it with curse. It’s a lot more difficult to pull off, but it’s a one shot if you do. It requires the person to not be paying attention against you to pull it off.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 20, 2020 2:38PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any more kewl secrets you're all withholding from the rest of us?
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

https://youtu.be/jDW7ieQsp7E

https://youtu.be/8yCUiaEAn4M

https://youtu.be/lXXzUyouc74

https://youtu.be/4N0rHxq3T44

Every one of those videos is happening client side not server side. Do not ever use the combat log addon as a form of time tracking as that is widely innacurate and is only communicating with the client to display damage intervals and has nothing to do with the server. These videos demonstrate precisely what gilliam was talking about regarding how these types of desyncs are only fooling yourself and have no bearing o the target and how they are receiving the information from the server and on their client.

Your testing is entirely flawed.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Any more kewl secrets you're all withholding from the rest of us?

Speed is a better defense then armour, especially with all stam running dizzy+onslaught and no gap closer. It makes sorcs more annoying, but as a fast MagWarden I feel tankier then any other class I’ve played.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 20, 2020 6:13PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Nightwiish
    Nightwiish
    ✭✭✭
    Every one of those videos is happening client side not server side. Do not ever use the combat log addon as a form of time tracking as that is widely innacurate and is only communicating with the client to display damage intervals and has nothing to do with the server. These videos demonstrate precisely what gilliam was talking about regarding how these types of desyncs are only fooling yourself and have no bearing o the target and how they are receiving the information from the server and on their client.

My testing is entirely accurate depicting of how game works on the Client side. This is how EVERYONE who plays the game experiences the game. From their CLIENT.

Unless you run the client on the ACTUAL game server itself and are playing it that way, which no one is, then this is how the game works for the player. This is why it is entirely accurate and explainable how multiple hits can happen within a second.

Maybe you are trying too hard just for the sake of arguing, I am not sure what point you are trying to make. Posting videos and/or supplementary evidence to your claims would be helpful.

Edited by Nightwiish on February 20, 2020 6:28PM
    @loki220
    Nighwtiish - Stam NB
    silvermetal - Stam DK
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

people claim this only happens with snipe.
    i find it interesting the more we look into this event the more we see that snipe is not the only skill this happens with.

Your words make sense. I have a hunch that some types of fear have a similar kind of situation. If I'm right I hope devs get to them too. Although I understand why your message is so reacted to, because it is equivalent to killing the animation cancellation when using any CC.
    Edited by OrderoftheDarkness on February 20, 2020 6:50PM
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    Nobody claims "this" only happens with snipe.

"This" = a combo involving a cast time skill + light/medium attack + instant skill. No bugs, lag or desyncs (neccessarily) involved.

This.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭

macros

Wrong it's a legit l2p issue that the op was trying to figure out kudos to them actually
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

My testing is entirely accurate depicting of how game works on the Client side. This is how EVERYONE who plays the game experiences the game. From their CLIENT.

Unless you run the client on the ACTUAL game server itself and are playing it that way, which no one is, then this is how the game works for the player. This is why it is entirely accurate and explainable how multiple hits can happen within a second.

Maybe you are trying too hard just for the sake of arguing, I am not sure what point you are trying to make. Posting videos and/or supplementary evidence to your claims would be helpful.

The entire point is that you are only making it seem this way on your screen, the recipient target is not taking damage in the windows of time that you are seeing in your combat log and on screen combat text, which are both client side. The failure and flaw here is assuming because you are seeing it chunked together locally, that you are in fact delivering 2 skills and an attack weave in under half a second. I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing, I'm simply trying to educate. This is how the combat system works, there is nothing I need to submit as evidence. The burden of proof is not on my end, especially considering a key developer at zos has already shattered everything your videos are proposing.
    Edited by exeeter702 on February 20, 2020 8:20PM
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Royaji wrote: »
    What you are describing has nothing to do with animation cancelling.

This. OP is experiencing server lag. There is a one-second GCD for every skill and AC cannot override that. However, with server lag it can appear the skills all came at once. Also, pretty sure the death recap is client-side so it only reports based on when it sees the information, not when it actually happened server-side.

Kinda this but kinda not too.

Light and heavy attacks have a different GCB of 1 second separated from the GCB of 1 second of skills, so you can cast a medium attack after dizzy for the stun and potentially immediately animation cancel executioner.

Other times I am full health and receive 5k susprise attack, 10k assassin's scourge, 10k incap, 10k executioner, from full health to zero in literally 1 second, and that's for sure server lag because I do not see the skills casted at all, happens always against noghtblades with me, with the other classes is less a thing.
  • Nightwiish
    Nightwiish
    ✭✭✭

The entire point is that you are only making it seem this way on your screen, the recipient target is not taking damage in the windows of time that you are seeing in your combat log and on screen combat text, which are both client side. The failure and flaw here is assuming because you are seeing it chunked together locally, that you are in fact delivering 2 skills and an attack weave in under half a second. I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing, I'm simply trying to educate. This is how the combat system works, there is nothing I need to submit as evidence. The burden of proof is not on my end, especially considering a key developer at zos has already shattered everything your videos are proposing.

I already stated that the first two videos are a visual bug on clients end and have no impact on receiving end, those are just visual bugs that it.

However, 3rd and 4th video have been tested with bunch of people together in a group running combat logs and they do see the hits within the same time frame. I am more then happy to group with you and run combat logs simultaneously to observe delivering and receiving of the dmg and time.

You can't just keep rejecting evidence without providing any to the contrary. That's just being a troll much less educating anyone...

Edited by Nightwiish on February 20, 2020 8:42PM
    @loki220
    Nighwtiish - Stam NB
    silvermetal - Stam DK
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why there's so much misinformation.

I'm surprised how few people know how to correctly combo in this game.

It's legit, it's understanding how the game functions.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Its PVP, most players in pvp go by hearsay and feelings and the game teaches nothing. Most still think macros or animation canceling makes skills hit faster.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ah yes, because charging a heavy during a dswing animation is something that should come naturally to players.
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

Its PVP, most players in pvp go by hearsay and feelings and the game teaches nothing. Most still think macros or animation canceling makes skills hit faster.

That issue is not just limited to PvP.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    SodanTok wrote: »

That issue is not just limited to PvP.

While true, most players in PvE can be happy while being clueless; in PVP just makes you hate the game and/or other players, make you report cheaters and request nerfs etc.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why should they. It's all about group attacking, where you don't need combos. An unfortunate thing in PvP and even pve to some extent.
    Edited by EmEm_Oh on February 22, 2020 6:46PM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EmEm_Oh wrote: »

Why should they. It's all about group attacking, where you don't need combos. An unfortunate thing in PvP and even pve to some extent.

Well to be more specific, cyrodil allows the players to feel involved and effective without actually taking them with the burden of high performance vs an opponent. There are those that have spent every waking day in cyrdodil since launch that feel they are gods gift to eso pvp and still dont play outside of generic small to mid sized ball group endeavors. Then when someone comes along and demonstrates how in reality they are absolute buns in a scenario where theg actually have to execute a particular level of skill to actually outplay an opponent/s, they resort to blaming outliers as the reason for their ineptitude.

Cyrdodil shelters players a great deal and for alot of them, it completely stunts their growth at improving.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just the current combo with dizzy.

Light attack into dizzy while charging a heavy to cc them from the offbalance and follow it up right away with ult into execute.

It's a good combo but you can counter it. It won't work on anyone with decent mitigation so just make sure your not super squishy to the point that the combo only takes one dizzy to kill you.

If the enemy needs 2-3 dizzies to get the combo to kill that means you can expect it and counter it much easier. Also you can predict when they will do it by how they attack. Most players will stay very defensive until ult is ready so you know that them changing to beign aggressive will probably mean they have the combo ready. That's why I like to throw some dizzies in and stay quite aggressive to make it less predictable.
    Edited by Crixus8000 on February 22, 2020 8:38PM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

people claim this only happens with snipe.
    i find it interesting the more we look into this event the more we see that snipe is not the only skill this happens with.

Nothing to do with snipe at all.

Snipe is no indication and yhen you get hit with 4.

This is just 3 attack working as intended. After Dizzy hit followed by an execute a second later with a medium attack in between that shares a seperate cooldown.

PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    The heavy attack isn't fully charged. You hold it for just a split second. It deals less damage and restores less resources, but the game considers it a heavy attack and will therefore stun you from Dizzying's off-balance. The community calls this a "medium attack". And it is therefore totally legit to be hit by those three things. It's actually a very common combo these days. But it will get nerfed next patch.

It's not just the community, it will appear in your in game death recap as a medium attack.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh they are both exactly the same and it needs to be pointed out as i did so in my comment.
    if you disagree then thats fine and perfectly allowed but my comment stands,
    you will see the exact same comparison that singles out and specifically claim this only happens with snipe
    here at this link:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/512821/snipe-desync-post-your-clips-feedback-is-the-key-to-a-fix/p1

thank you.

No, this combo op refers to and the snipe desynch are not the same think at all. This combo involves landing a medium/heavy > dizzy channel > execute, all three damage ticks will land within 1 second, no bugs or desynch involved. The snipe desynch is caused by a mix of the snipe projectile and server latency. Before your client shows your character taking damage several snipes can land. These are COMPLETELY different things.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

macros

Bahaha yeah no I can do it flawlessly on a controller, get your conspiracy theories out of here.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah yes, because charging a heavy during a dswing animation is something that should come naturally to players.

It's not hard to initiate dswing and the moment the animation starts charge a heavy attack right behind it....

Some of you need to solo in cyrodiil for a few months instead of joining a group......

• MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jadarock wrote: »

It's not hard to initiate dswing and the moment the animation starts charge a heavy attack right behind it....

Some of you need to solo in cyrodiil for a few months instead of joining a group......

What?

I said it isn't something that comes naturally to players. Nobody will ever start playing this game and assume you can heavy attack during an ongoing animation.

Your answer is that it isn't hard to do? When did i mention it was hard to do? And when have you seen me in a group in cyrodiil? I'm a bg player. I go to cyrodiil a handful of times a year to get t1 when i need the transmute things.

You either quoted the wrong person, or you're stupid. I don't see any other way to explain the nonsense you posted.
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on February 28, 2020 12:15PM
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    The heavy attack isn't fully charged. You hold it for just a split second. It deals less damage and restores less resources, but the game considers it a heavy attack and will therefore stun you from Dizzying's off-balance. The community calls this a "medium attack". And it is therefore totally legit to be hit by those three things. It's actually a very common combo these days. But it will get nerfed next patch.

It's not just the community, it will appear in your in game death recap as a medium attack.

You sure?
    (0.0)