Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So ZoS.... you going live Stalking Blastbones with its current morph?

Digiman
Digiman
✭✭✭✭✭
Currently the changes to Blastbones has been great, but honestly I think ZoS has completely screwed up not addressing the current state of Stalking Blastbones where the longer the skeleton chases the target the more damage it does. Its been nearly 4 weeks with no address since the changes to how it functions and it sorta has me worried that this won't be addressed till the next expansion release.

I am not going to lie, ZoS is favoring alot of stamina changes and leaving magicka in the dust, I get the feeling they are falling into their old habits where they will make seesaw efforts of balance changes favoring Magicka next then Stamina again after. Thats not balance.

Prove us wrong and don't miss a simple correction to a horrifically laughable oversight @ZOS_GinaBruno. So pass it along to the combat team please. I don't want this game to still be a joke after the performance update!
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will probably change the coding for the damage to be calculated based on distance rather than time travel.
    Perhaps also change some things in the basic skill to balance things out. Perhaps longer summon duration.

This is nothing to do with favoritism, the stamina morph required no modification to function properly with the change of the basic skill, the magicka version does. They just have not got to it yet. Probably you will see a fix this upcoming Monday.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably you will see a fix this upcoming Monday.

I hope so, but I am not confident it won't go live as is.

• Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I am also worried that the combat team is satisfied with its new functionality and won’t change it any further because they think that players are sufficiently appreciative now that it actually hits realiably.

But please prove me wrong @ZoS - don’t let stalking BB go live like it is now.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will probably change the coding for the damage to be calculated based on distance rather than time travel.
    Perhaps also change some things in the basic skill to balance things out. Perhaps longer summon duration.

This is nothing to do with favoritism, the stamina morph required no modification to function properly with the change of the basic skill, the magicka version does. They just have not got to it yet. Probably you will see a fix this upcoming Monday.

it will go live as is otherwise they would have said something.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbobx15 wrote: »

It a possibility. After all, this patch will start February 24 and I think early April we'll have another PTS cycle. It is possible they will delay it for next patch. Hope not.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hope they give it a new useful function stam morph is wayyyyyy better
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine that ESO is 12-wheeled military space truck. Imagine that only 6 wheels are needed to keep it running, and now we have 6 malfunctioning wheels with a lot of problems and 6 functioning wheels with some potential risks... ZOS just fixes what is already working to make it more stable (i.e. stamden, stamplar, magplar, stamcro, magsorc and DK) and ignores "other wheels" before they'll have time/resources to re-work them... as you can see all reworks to DK just ended up being nerfs.. so be careful for what you are asking for. Now BB are obviously over the budget, if they will "rework" them that might became a brutal nerf like it happened to DK dots.
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blastbones will be a future topic of nerfing, a hot one.

I won't say you heard it here first because its been said weeks/months ago.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blastbones will be a future topic of nerfing, a hot one.

I won't say you heard it here first because its been said weeks/months ago.
    If ZOS has some last second changes coming up in a few days, perhaps not. But if the Stamina version goes live as is, there will probably be a lot of nerf-calls...most which won't acknowledge the huge gulf between Stamina and Magicka.
    Imagine that ESO is 12-wheeled military space truck. Imagine that only 6 wheels are needed to keep it running, and now we have 6 malfunctioning wheels with a lot of problems and 6 functioning wheels with some potential risks... ZOS just fixes what is already working to make it more stable (i.e. stamden, stamplar, magplar, stamcro, magsorc and DK) and ignores "other wheels" before they'll have time/resources to re-work them... as you can see all reworks to DK just ended up being nerfs.. so be careful for what you are asking for. Now BB are obviously over the budget, if they will "rework" them that might became a brutal nerf like it happened to DK dots.
    At least DK remains a strong class. Magicka Necromancer absolutely pales in comparison.
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, c'mon, the more people find the change idiotic, the more likely it will happen and stay. The more rational is the argument, the more likely it'll be ignored. Haven't you learned already how ZOS manages feedback?
  • Magna_Chronos
    Magna_Chronos
    ✭✭✭

I am also concerned about the silence of ZoS. Don't let us down @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_BillE , @ZOS_KaiSchober , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_AntonioP !

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQ7axfdECBoXYzrYpEyneP_TVrbMQ7QGNvjmi_f0T78nA5_DJ5P

Daggerfall Covenant - PC NA
    ID: Magna.Chronos
    GUILD ONE STRONG
    聞くは一時の恥、聞かぬは一生の恥
  • DrJekhyde
    DrJekhyde
    Soul Shriven
    I've seen a bunch of posts and Youtube videos covering this. Has anyone from ZOS actually even acknowledged this issue at least? Or are we just being ghosted?
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The patch that is coming on monday is 5.3.3 afaik, so no Blastbones fix. Not like they can fix it in any meaningful way without redesigning the skill completely.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • codierussell
    codierussell
    ✭✭✭✭
    A guild mate and I were saying they should just add a status too it. Stamina gets minor defile mag gets something like minor lifesteal or magickasteal. We also thought it would be fit to have even burning attached to it for aoe or something but that may be too strong.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A guild mate and I were saying they should just add a status too it. Stamina gets minor defile mag gets something like minor lifesteal or magickasteal. We also thought it would be fit to have even burning attached to it for aoe or something but that may be too strong.

Blastbones and Flame Skull has a unique burning effect of their own. A blue fire that stacks with the regular Burning status effect so its not a bad idea to make it apply 100% of the time
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Expert
    Expert
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's very true Stamina is much more favorable and stronger than Magicka playstyles.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka blastbones dmg actually seems underwhelming as it is right now. it needs a status effect as well.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »

Blastbones and Flame Skull has a unique burning effect of their own. A blue fire that stacks with the regular Burning status effect so its not a bad idea to make it apply 100% of the time

Major or minor Mangle was also brought up, which wouldnt be so op as major defile but would still help
    Edited by BigBadVolk on February 23, 2020 2:30AM
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • NTclaymore
    NTclaymore
    ✭✭✭✭
    My MagNecro(PvP) runs the stam morph of the blastbones. Running the mag one is just stupid at this point.
    He spoke, the son of Padomay, and nodded his head with the dark brows
    and the imortally anointed hair of the great god
    swept from his divine head, and all Mundus was shaken.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No poit even to play MagNecro in pvp at this state. Just play stamina. Sadly you have to be race that is semigood at stamina and magic. You have to switch time to time and patch to patch to be competive one :)
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    The patch that is coming on monday is 5.3.3 afaik, so no Blastbones fix. Not like they can fix it in any meaningful way without redesigning the skill completely.

actually it would be an easy fix. All they would have to do is change it to distance cast from target like they have with wardens bird.
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and it went live
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and it went live

Yes... Yes, it did :(
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and it went live
    Yep, and so did the Stamina morph. So now I'll wait and see if my prediction will come true later in the Spring; big ol' blanket nerfs to the entire class because the Stamina variant is OP, and Magicka is basically an afterthought...even though it's a Necromancer, which would make essentially everyone on the planet imagine things in reverse.
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    Talking about blastone in PVP, as a mDK so in cac I have really hard time coutering this ability. First I don't see how to avoid it when it pop in your face, even if you fosilize it you take the dammage after.
    But the worst is that is targetable, so you miss your combo/ulti that going on the balstone isntead of the player..and then blastone explose on you!

Anyone come up with a decent counterplay so far ?
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volckodav wrote: »
    Talking about blastone in PVP, as a mDK so in cac I have really hard time coutering this ability. First I don't see how to avoid it when it pop in your face, even if you fosilize it you take the dammage after.
    But the worst is that is targetable, so you miss your combo/ulti that going on the balstone isntead of the player..and then blastone explose on you!

Anyone come up with a decent counterplay so far ?
    Blastbones can be blocked and dodged (yes, even though it's AOE), and is subject to being CC'd. If you LOS it during the CC, it shouldn't be able to leap until regaining said line of sight, and ground based snares can sometimes make this literally impossible for it to do. Also, as far as I know it shouldn't be able to leap while rooted. So if you keep a small distance after the Fossilize stun wears off, you should still be safe.

The main problem with Blastbones in the new patch will be that the Stamina morph has AOE Major Defile attached, while that class also has access to sources of Minor Defile to stack with it. In group fights, especially when there are multiple Stamina Necromancers around (and I'm betting that the class is about to be super popular), you're simply going to be hit with Major Defile a lot of the time.

If you block the damage on a Magicka Necromancer's Blastbones, you'll basically be able to ignore it - it won't do much at all. Blocking the damage on a Stamina Necromancer's Blastbones will still leave you Major Defiled, and therefore quite vulnerable to other sources of damage, especially in no-CP.
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Volckodav wrote: »
    Talking about blastone in PVP, as a mDK so in cac I have Blocking the damage on a Stamina Necromancer's Blastbones will still leave you Major Defiled, and therefore quite vulnerable to other sources of damage, especially in no-CP.

That, I should have mention it more clearly, but this is the major defile that I'm trying to avoid because this is aoe, and breaking LOS every 2.5s when you need to dps on cac as a mDK is not that easy :(
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, it went in broken!
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's meant to be powerful in a situation where the enemies are running away.
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, or breaks line of sight.

Let’s see...maybe it actually works well under certain circumstances.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore