The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Clever Alchemist Buff is not enough

• MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    The 186 spd/wpd difference won't result in much more than 2-3% dmg difference either, so even for pure burst, NMA is pretty close with the potential to pull slightly ahead in comparison to CA.

But you may use no HP food with CA, especially on NB. And even if you use regular food... those HP are extra 2.5k HP in no CP and extra 3k HP in CP. This is big difference in terms of burst protection, or on stamina builds which generally don't need much max magicka you may drop tri-stat enchants for max stamina.

And CA works on both bars while NMA only on front bar.

And CA doesn't increase cost... of course NMA is "easily manageable" but from my experience and calculations, to compensate for NMA you need ~1 set bonus of your main recovery.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NMA continues to prove that it's crazily over-budgeted in stat density compared to virtually every other set in the game.

CA needs to be decisively superior at its role as a burst set in order to make up for the long cooldown and a <200 damage advantage for 20 of 45 seconds just does not do that.

Even in non-CP where sustain is more difficult, the meager 5% cost increase from NMA is always worth it. CA would need to give like 800 damage per potion to really be an enticing choice against NMA.

Either that or increase NMA's penalty to the 8% ;)
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NMA continues to prove that it's crazily over-budgeted in stat density compared to virtually every other set in the game.

CA needs to be decisively superior at its role as a burst set in order to make up for the long cooldown and a <200 damage advantage for 20 of 45 seconds just does not do that.

Even in non-CP where sustain is more difficult, the meager 5% cost increase from NMA is always worth it. CA would need to give like 800 damage per potion to really be an enticing choice against NMA.

Meh, no NMA nerf please. I like that they made NMA so strong, it makes choosing a set easier if you’re looking for spell/weapon damage.

With all the crying of light vs med vs heavy for stam vs mag, etc... it’s good to have a solid crafted set if you’re a class with good sustain.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Meh, no NMA nerf please. I like that they made NMA so strong, it makes choosing a set easier if you’re looking for spell/weapon damage.

With all the crying of light vs med vs heavy for stam vs mag, etc... it’s good to have a solid crafted set if you’re a class with good sustain.

The problem is that it steamrolled gear diversity, it's so much better than its competitors that there's simply no reason to choose anything else.

Why would anyone choose Automaton over NMA or War Maiden or Spell Strategist, Clever Alchemist, etc. when you can just plop on NMA and get always-on ridiculous stats?

Maybe if you're a Dunmer magDK in non-CP you might have a harder time using it but that's an edge case compared to the nearly everyone else.

That said, if we can get substantial buffs to under-performing (vs. NMA) damage sets I would prefer that greatly to nerfing NMA.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the health bonuses from CA will compliment Titanborne nicely.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem is that it steamrolled gear diversity, it's so much better than its competitors that there's simply no reason to choose anything else.

Why would anyone choose Automaton over NMA or War Maiden or Spell Strategist, Clever Alchemist, etc. when you can just plop on NMA and get always-on ridiculous stats?

Maybe if you're a Dunmer magDK in non-CP you might have a harder time using it but that's an edge case compared to the nearly everyone else.

That said, if we can get substantial buffs to under-performing (vs. NMA) damage sets I would prefer that greatly to nerfing NMA.

As good as NMA set is, it is a terrible set to wear in long fights. It just drags you down faster than any set in the game. I cannot speak freely fot open world CP/non CP, but I can do that for BGs. I personally drop NMA for ancient dragongaurd for a littile bit lower dmg but increased survivabiltiy, I never strageled with my resourcs as much as I did when I had NMA on.

I asked many dualists and high MMR BG player about their gear and non mentioned NMA, they only use it if they think they fight non exp players, otherwise, most use fury. Some of them don't even run 5 pieces dmg set and use resourcs and defensive sets while they rely on bolarg monster set for their burst combos. Most higher MMR BGs involve ball groups and premades, NMA is a poor choice to pick in these fights. Most of those people would pick up CA anytime over NMA due to its bursty nature since everybody is on defensive until someone makes a mistake and become open for combos.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

As good as NMA set is, it is a terrible set to wear in long fights. It just drags you down faster than any set in the game. I cannot speak freely fot open world CP/non CP, but I can do that for BGs. I personally drop NMA for ancient dragongaurd for a littile bit lower dmg but increased survivabiltiy, I never strageled with my resourcs as much as I did when I had NMA on.

I asked many dualists and high MMR BG player about their gear and non mentioned NMA, they only use it if they think they fight non exp players, otherwise, most use fury. Some of them don't even run 5 pieces dmg set and use resourcs and defensive sets while they rely on bolarg monster set for their burst combos. Most higher MMR BGs involve ball groups and premades, NMA is a poor choice to pick in these fights. Most of those people would pick up CA anytime over NMA due to its bursty nature since everybody is on defensive until someone makes a mistake and become open for combos.

I run it as a magtemplar. Using a resto back bar is a huge sustain advantage, think I run about 1400 regen and am okay with it. I do run OOM sometimes, but there are always pets around to heavy attack on for resources and then pop your hots for major mending.

With a S&B there’d be no way to run it as mag.

I don’t know if I’m high MMR yet, it’s hard to tell. I see some high MMR names I remember but it’s always mixed with other names too. I’m not sure if the typical people quit and it’s a lot of new people or if I’m just thrown in the occasional higher game.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 22, 2020 5:36PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be happy with the CA buff.
    I can't stand poor sustain and I can't stand heavy attacking. NMA is a poor QoL set. Poor sustain kills all the fun for me.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't stand poor sustain and I can't stand heavy attacking. NMA is a poor QoL set. Poor sustain kills all the fun for me.

You can try using either ancient dragongaurd or hunding rage. I personally tried ancient dragongaurd and I like it so much. There is also balorag and molag kena sets to use. Yoou can mix and match 2 1-pice monster sets or use agility set with mealstrom, black rose, asylum, or master weapons as well. There are many sets to use, you just have to figure out what works best for use.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I run it as a magtemplar. Using a resto back bar is a huge sustain advantage, think I run about 1400 regen and am okay with it. I do run OOM sometimes, but there are always pets around to heavy attack on for resources and then pop your hots for major mending.

With a S&B there’d be no way to run it as mag.

I don’t know if I’m high MMR yet, it’s hard to tell. I see some high MMR names I remember but it’s always mixed with other names too. I’m not sure if the typical people quit and it’s a lot of new people or if I’m just thrown in the occasional higher game.

You will know with fight the same premade groups or duos over and over and over. Do not bother with leader board names as they change all the time. Mayorz, xzii, Decimus, and skinkOlaf are few of those people in EU server. Lots of people switched to NA because appearantly there is no lag over there.
    Edited by universal_wrath on February 22, 2020 8:33PM
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can try using either ancient dragongaurd or hunding rage. I personally tried ancient dragongaurd and I like it so much. There is also balorag and molag kena sets to use. Yoou can mix and match 2 1-pice monster sets or use agility set with mealstrom, black rose, asylum, or master weapons as well. There are many sets to use, you just have to figure out what works best for use.

I'm 95% a solo player, so no trial stuff for me.
    She's using 2H heavy CA + Gryphons ferocity and slimecraw for minor berserk.
    Sword and board 2 piece potentates backbar.... PvP of course.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm 95% a solo player, so no trial stuff for me.
    She's using 2H heavy CA + Gryphons ferocity and slimecraw for minor berserk.
    Sword and board 2 piece potentates backbar.... PvP of course.

Almost everything I mentioned does not require trials beside asylum, you can always try them on PTS to see if they work . I ever thought of using accerlation or RAT instead of Gryphons? Also comuflaged hunter inatead of slimecrow. I don't know what your playstyle is or what your class, so I'm just making suggestion based on my exp.