The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[PS4 EU] AD EP n DC line the way to Brindle Church for an EP memorial for a fallen comrade.

redlink1979
redlink1979
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
The 22yo lad, an EP player, took is life last weekend.

Comrades and people who fought against him in Cyrodiil came to give their respects.

RIP James

rcfk0jysavg41.jpg

rzaqi2zi8vg41.jpg

xr5igdq98vg41.jpg

https://youtu.be/TdHUjrJrVSw
Edited by redlink1979 on February 14, 2020 1:52PM
"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
  • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
  • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
  • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
  • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I heard about his passing, I felt so sad. Suicide is such a tragic thing. I wish people talked more about their problems... No-one should ever feel this alone. Condolences to his family and friends :(

It's a beautiful thing that happened today in Cyrodiil PS4 EU. I'm so proud to be part of this community.
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • JerzeeDevil
    JerzeeDevil
    ✭✭✭
    And then, of course, the true colours of people showed. When Reds and Yellows started attacking everyone , tea bagging and dropping respawn camps.

Tsk tsk.

For shame. You know who you are. If you are not nice people in a video game, you are probably not good human beings in real life.

*REAL TALK*

Sad that this guy killed himself, if you or anyone else seeing this are feeling this way, OR thinking those (suicidal) thoughts PLEASE, please talk to someone and try to get the help you NEED.
    jerzeedevil.com

If looks could kill, then Death would be my name.

Daggerfall's Mightiest- PS4 NA
    Wardens of Morrowind-PS4 NA
    Cyrodiil Death Squad- PS4 NA/EU

• SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And then, of course, the true colours of people showed. When Reds and Yellows started attacking everyone , tea bagging and dropping respawn camps.

Tsk tsk.

For shame. You know who you are. If you are not nice people in a video game, you are probably not good human beings in real life.

*REAL TALK*

Sad that this guy killed himself, if you or anyone else seeing this are feeling this way, OR thinking those (suicidal) thoughts PLEASE, please talk to someone and try to get the help you NEED.

Was there all day and saw none of that

One yellow camp went up right at the end and the person in chat was trying to get a shot of one camo of every faction side by side ...no one died and no one Tbagged

The camp was right outside the door of the church being set up for the procession exited it
  • JerzeeDevil
    JerzeeDevil
    ✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »

Tsk tsk.

*REAL TALK*

One yellow camp went up right at the end and the person in chat was trying to get a shot of one camo of every faction side by side ...no one died and no one Tbagged

The camp was right outside the door of the church being set up for the procession exited it

It was right in front of the door to the Church. I saw plenty of it. Please.
    jerzeedevil.com

• Waynerx8
    Waynerx8
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not great that people feel this is the only way, it may or may not help but PLEASE talk to someone, very sad.
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My condolences to all of his friends here and his family.
    What you guys did is really touching. :heart:

And I agree. It's sad to see such a young soul go. No one should have to feel this way. It is important to talk about these things.
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This was an amazing show of respect, camaraderie & honouring the player.

(And would just like to say thanks to the trolls on other, now closed, thread about this. Hope you feel so proud of yourselves. Idiots)
    Edited by Hallothiel on February 14, 2020 3:05PM
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I heard about his passing, I felt so sad. Suicide is such a tragic thing. I wish people talked more about their problems... No-one should ever feel this alone. Condolences to his family and friends :(

It's a beautiful thing that happened today in Cyrodiil PS4 EU. I'm so proud to be part of this community.

As someone who suffers from ptsd and depression due to work, it's not easy to talk about. Most the time ppl dont give a rat's ass, after so many tell you to suck it up you simply stop talking and let it build. I use my experience to help those in need, those who need to talk or need advice. But for every helpful person there are 2 egotistical morons who act like uts a you problem out there.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes no matter how hard you may want to reach out you can't.

From experiences long ago this one can say that it is like being in one bubble and the rest of the world in another and the two bubbles don't overlap.

Your experiences are so far removed from those around you. There is little common ground on which to build a bridge.

No one makes this choice easily. It really is a last resort. It's not being selfish or unthinking or not caring. It's being in so much pain that you have to stop it any way you can.

So all you can really do is to try and stop those bubbles forming when you can. Do what small good you can with the time you have. Put your phone away sometimes and look around you perhaps.

This was a lovely tribute and for all that this traveller suffered this one hopes he found some moments of relief and maybe happiness when still walking among those who later gathered to mourn his loss.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Yellow_Monolith
    Yellow_Monolith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a surreal experience. I've never felt anything like that in ESO before, as I did this morning. The sheer amount of respect for James was very touching. My condolences to his family and friends. Thanks to all the EP, AD and DC that showed up and thanks to the organisers of the memorial. R.I.P James.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watch the video it was amazing I’m just sorry I couldn’t make it I was out at the time everyone involved in this respect to you all your amazing people and my condolences rip James.
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the vid as I was working at the time. Amazing for so many to turn up . Shows what a good community we have on the EU server. R.I.P James .
  • sedi
    sedi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just watched the video of this. What a lovely thing. PvP gets a bad rep but just look at how many people from all 3 alliances turned out and were organised and respectful. Good on you all. 🙌
  • memofin
    memofin
    ✭✭✭
    So proud of being part of this amazing community. It really was beautiful that so many joined us in there. Mad respects to all <3
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speechless! Amazing community <3<3
    R.I.P James
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative
    The video showed a beautiful memorial and it was a great display of humanity by the community. My condolences to his family, friends and others who knew him. Losing those you cherish or even someone you enjoyed a part of life with can be tremendously difficult. It’s unfortunate that James (rest in peace) had to depart under such circumstances.

While I did not know him or don’t personally know most of you who may read this, I encourage you to seek anyone to talk to, it can help a lot just by talking though I understand it may be incredibly difficult to do so. Please feel free to reach out to me even, I don’t care who you are or where you’re from, my door is always open.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

From experiences long ago this one can say that it is like being in one bubble and the rest of the world in another and the two bubbles don't overlap.

Your experiences are so far removed from those around you. There is little common ground on which to build a bridge.

No one makes this choice easily. It really is a last resort. It's not being selfish or unthinking or not caring. It's being in so much pain that you have to stop it any way you can.

So all you can really do is to try and stop those bubbles forming when you can. Do what small good you can with the time you have. Put your phone away sometimes and look around you perhaps.

This was a lovely tribute and for all that this traveller suffered this one hopes he found some moments of relief and maybe happiness when still walking among those who later gathered to mourn his loss.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

This is a beautiful description, Santie.

Rest in peace James, and it's heartwarming to see this tribute.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really sad to admit you'd most likely never see this level of respect from the majority of us NA players. The entire time watching that video I was expecting a bomb group to just come out of nowhere like I'm used to seeing.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Shepoffire
    Shepoffire
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    It's really sad to admit you'd most likely never see this level of respect from the majority of us NA players. The entire time watching that video I was expecting a bomb group to just come out of nowhere like I'm used to seeing.

We did something like this last year for fate weaver. At the end we did have a bug brawl. But that was in memory of fate. Ps4 na that is
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is so sad because of the reason this man is gone. No one should ever be so alone that s/he chooses death. It's a pox on our societal "norm" that James could find only one way to relieve his pain.

I applaud those of you in all the factions who chose to give James a really loving farewell. It's amazing, what you all did.

Kudos to every one of you, no matter faction lines.

And James.... I wish you a better life where you are now. <3
  • Shepoffire
    Shepoffire
    ✭✭✭
    I nust watched the video. I am in tears. My condolences brothers and sisters
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My condolences to the family and friends. What a beautiful moment for James. May his soul find the peace life could not give him.

If it’s you that walks around with a heavy heart, please reach out. Hugs to all in need ❤️
  • XxMissAlycexX
    XxMissAlycexX
    ✭✭✭
    Hit me right in the feels BIG time. Did cry. Rip to another amazing soul. Never forgotten.

XxMissAlycexX - Xbox One - NA
  • iaminc
    iaminc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exceptional effort from the PvP community , as a suffer of mental health issues too I really feel for James family and friends.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is very sad. Sorry to those who lost their friend.
    Edited by D0PAMINE on February 15, 2020 8:53PM
  • Keshya
    Keshya
    I was devastated reading the news about his passing. He was one of the best EP PVP group leaders you could find. I loved being a member of his guild, and part of his groups. Cyro will never be the same without him. He was always kind, patient, and ready to help, a wonderful soul who departed life much too early. We miss you, James. Thank you for touching our hearts, you’ll never be forgotten.
    Edited by Keshya on February 16, 2020 2:59AM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for your compassionate understanding Santie.

In America, there is a national suicide hotline: 1-800-273-8255

If you are employed in America, your company probably has an "Employee Assistance Program" - it will be a free number that you can call to get support. They may ask where you work - this is ONLY for accounting purposes (so many people from X company and "proving that so many people asked for help on X months" type things) and your call is absolutly confidential.

That bubble sounds like a scary place to be.

Please, anyone who is in pain like that, send out some words. Even one word. We I want to be helpful. If I can.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • TheRealCherokeee3
    TheRealCherokeee3
    ✭✭✭
    With all the toxicity that often pervades PvP, this is an absolute refreshing and moving scene. My condolences to the family.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Tsk tsk.

*REAL TALK*

Your agenda is showing. Put that away.
  • JerzeeDevil
    JerzeeDevil
    ✭✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »

Tsk tsk.

*REAL TALK*

Your agenda is showing. Put that away.

Aaaaand what agenda exactly would that be,...stranger on The Internet with some apparent amazing insight into my mind?

jerzeedevil.com