The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Roots and power lash

lucky_Sage
lucky_Sage
✭✭✭✭✭
tolans are crap now only worth for minor maim other roots that work better for zergs made every rage against roots and now crap aleveryone sued a robot immune ability now. So power lash pricing from roots is nice but talons isn’t good anymore almost no one gets rooted and if they do they dodge roll and you miss your power lash
Edited by lucky_Sage on February 13, 2020 4:26AM
DC PC NA
Magdk - main
Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
magdk
magblade
stamplar
magden
magsorc

• Miloscpolski
    Miloscpolski
    ✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    tolans are crap now only worth for minor maim other roots that work better for zergs made every rage against roots and now crap aleveryone sued a robot immune ability now. So power lash pricing from roots is nice but talons isn’t good anymore almost no one gets rooted and if they do they dodge roll and you miss your power lash

yep
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just give up.

I'm gonna try a buld in Skyrim using an axe with a flame enchant, a poison, and fear as spell, so everytime I hit, I fear the enemy and he runs while the dot's make its work...

And that looks more of a DK than what they have done to the class.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What?
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What?

I also don't understand. Is this a power lash rant or talons rant?

It is not like talons is your only root.... When they did that change they probably had Fossilize in mind.
    talons is fine and have a new synergy now it didn't have before, so what's the issue?
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What?

It is not like talons is your only root.... When they did that change they probably had Fossilize in mind.
    talons is fine and have a new synergy now it didn't have before, so what's the issue?

Who actually gets rooted anymore
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What?

You play in bgs yet, I guarantee you will come across bombard spammers at some point.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What?

Like 90% of players. Since the snare nerfs:

Most Players take rally over forward momentum
    Many payers take Elude over Shuffle
    Almost no DK taking Protective Plate
    Almost no NB taking Phantasmal Escape

The only root immunity players actually take is Race Against Time, and this is only 2 sec immunity. The real root immunity coming from breaking a root with a dodge roll. So ya, players are being immobed all the time, especially if you use Fossilize on them.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What?

Like 90% of players. Since the snare nerfs:

Most Players take rally over forward momentum
    Many payers take Elude over Shuffle
    Almost no DK taking Protective Plate
    Almost no NB taking Phantasmal Escape

The only root immunity players actually take is Race Against Time, and this is only 2 sec immunity. The real root immunity coming from breaking a root with a dodge roll. So ya, players are being immobed all the time, especially if you use Fossilize on them.

I agree. I main MagDk and Fossilizing a fool at 1/4 health leads to all kinds of bad...for THEM.

GREAT work by the combat team on flame lash. Sometimes they listen!
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just sick of having a single ability both stun and root me at the same time, which is grossly overpowered.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can finally put my masters ice staff to use on my back bar
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You could, but I'm not sure you would want to. Depends on build, ofc. DK if you already checked the new Elfbance, the PvP potential is insane. Burning Talons doing as much damage as Engulfing Flames with it.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You could, but I'm not sure you would want to. Depends on build, ofc. DK if you already checked the new Elfbance, the PvP potential is insane. Burning Talons doing as much damage as Engulfing Flames with it.

Talking from BG perspective only, I don't think Elf Bane is viable in current meta. The set itself is good but with the amount of magplars present it is a dead set. Not even saying that Wardens now have class purge as well. Both templars and Wardens grew in popolularity heavily over last update and pushed aside other classes that you could use effectively Elf Bane on.

One addition, Curse Eater set now has cooldown per target. That is another hard counter to Elf Bane and I am pretty sure that Curse Eater will be a common set in both BGs and Cyrodiil.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on February 16, 2020 9:04AM
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Talking from BG perspective only, I don't think Elf Bane is viable in current meta. The set itself is good but with the amount of magplars present it is a dead set. Not even saying that Wardens now have class purge as well. Both templars and Wardens grew in popolularity heavily over last update and pushed aside other classes that you could use effectively Elf Bane on.

One addition, Curse Eater set now has cooldown per target. That is another hard counter to Elf Bane and I am pretty sure that Curse Eater will be a common set in both BGs and Cyrodiil.

Having 10 sec Grothdarr + 12 sec Eye of the Storm is enough of a reason to make Elf Bane viable in BG. The extra duration of several of DK skills is just a bonus. Burning status effect with Elf bane effect is 10 sec, you will have 100% burning uptime EZ. Poor Vemps.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Having 10 sec Grothdarr + 12 sec Eye of the Storm is enough of a reason to make Elf Bane viable in BG. The extra duration of several of DK skills is just a bonus. Burning status effect with Elf bane effect is 10 sec, you will have 100% burning uptime EZ. Poor Vemps.

Burning is purgeable as well. And number of Vampires will be significantly lower after removal of Drain in upcoming update.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on February 16, 2020 10:49AM
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gl purging a free 10 sec debuff you will automatically re-apply every few sec. If anything this is a great cover debuff your other more "expensive debuffs". Number of veps may reduce in BG(not sure about cyrodiil) for the upcoming patch, but they will come back in much larger number for new chapter.

Going back to my original point, Elfbane+ Grothdarr +Burning Talons + Flame Lash IS a very powerful combo for both BG and cyrodiil that will 100% see play.

• Somewhere
    Somewhere
    ✭✭✭✭

It is worth considering though. The fact that Burning Talons deals as much damage as Burning Embers / Engulfing Flames, but in half the time makes it very powerful. Since Talons only lasts 9 seconds it's ticking twice as hard. That's a lot of pressure to put on someone and their magicka stores because they'll effectively have to purge it or die.

If we speak from a BG PoV here, Talons also gives you the ability to apply a very strong, nasty DOT to an entire team with relative ease and a synergy to boot. Add in Grothdarr and Eye of the Storm and you have an aoe firestorm that rivals a Warden's. All of that damage forces other players on the defensive and gives your allies the ability to push and run over a team. It may not be as ideal in a 1v1 scenario, but it's definitely a worthy set.

Let's not forget that Elf Bane also increases the duration of Magma Shell by 5 seconds (technically 6 because of the earthen heart passive), increasing its total duration to 18 seconds. 18 seconds of immunity to all forms of burst damage is insane, especially with how bursty the meta is.
    Edited by Somewhere on February 16, 2020 8:21PM
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Somewhere wrote: »

It is worth considering though. The fact that Burning Talons deals as much damage as Burning Embers / Engulfing Flames, but in half the time makes it very powerful. Since Talons only lasts 9 seconds it's ticking twice as hard. That's a lot of pressure to put on someone and their magicka stores because they'll effectively have to purge it or die.

If we speak from a BG PoV here, Talons also gives you the ability to apply a very strong, nasty DOT to an entire team with relative ease and a synergy to boot. Add in Grothdarr and Eye of the Storm and you have an aoe firestorm that rivals a Warden's. All of that damage forces other players on the defensive and gives your allies the ability to push and run over a team. It may not be as ideal in a 1v1 scenario, but it's definitely a worthy set.

Let's not forget that Elf Bane also increases the duration of Magma Shell by 5 seconds (technically 6 because of the earthen heart passive), increasing its total duration to 18 seconds. 18 seconds of immunity to all forms of burst damage is insane, especially with how bursty the meta is.

Eye of Storm is rarely used in BGs. I haven't seen one in quite a while. Current meta is Ferocious Leap with Bloodspawn to keep going forward and never stop. I doubt new Elf Bane will change that, but longer Magma Shell is indeed very interseting option to consider.

This is exactly how I imagine a set rework, and it surprise me a bit that ZoS is capable of buffing things (that doesn't even sound good :lol: Zos and buffs) without making it OP. We got a new option to consider, but definitely isn't the best in every scenario. Thumbs up, good change. Even Zaan interaction has been limited to prevent some crazy ticks without removing the interaction entirely. Big thumbs up.

• Somewhere
    Somewhere
    ✭✭✭✭
    Somewhere wrote: »

Eye of Storm is rarely used in BGs. I haven't seen one in quite a while. Current meta is Ferocious Leap with Bloodspawn to keep going forward and never stop. I doubt new Elf Bane will change that, but longer Magma Shell is indeed very interseting option to consider.

This is exactly how I imagine a set rework, and it surprise me a bit that ZoS is capable of buffing things (that doesn't even sound good :lol: Zos and buffs) without making it OP. We got a new option to consider, but definitely isn't the best in every scenario. Thumbs up, good change. Even Zaan interaction has been limited to prevent some crazy ticks without removing the interaction entirely. Big thumbs up.

I like the idea of grothdarr with it but I think the loss of ulti generation and defense from bloodspawn may be a bit much but dragon leap and magma shell is likely the ideal ultimate combo with elf bane.

Still, eye of the storm is easy to slot and change morphs so I want to try it out for sure. Sounds fun.
    Edited by Somewhere on February 16, 2020 10:21PM