The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning player question about game chapters

wc5b
wc5b
✭✭
I recently returned as a player and love what the game as became. I had the base collectors editon game from launch. I saw somewhere that you get the other chapters if you pre-purchuse the digital Graymoor edition (Collector's is what I went with) and you would also get the other previous chapters. I was thinking those would unlock at time of purchuse but I don't see an option to create a charactor that starts in Morrowind. Do I seriously have to wait until Greymoor launches to get this content too?
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are forced to start in the most recent chapter's tutorial, so most likely you would be starting in Elsweyr. You can immediately go to Morrowind after that tutorial via wayshrines/google (ZOS doesnt make it easy to understand how to travel to other zones early in game).

Maybe try Collections to look for a Morrowind DLC quest starter.
    Edited by Moloch1514 on February 12, 2020 2:18AM
    PC-NA
  • wc5b
    wc5b
    ✭✭
    Ok, but that't not what I am asking. Question is, I bought the preorder for Greymoor but I am still starting in Coldharbor on new charactors and was hoping to start in Morrowind to experience that story area (or Elsweyr even). I can go to Morrowind now with the ESO Plus but wanted to see the new tutorial area.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, got ya. Not sure why then if you bought the pre-order. Perhaps @ZOS_SarahHecker can help?
    PC-NA
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is currently no way to go backwards and experience the other tutorials, @wc5b ... as ZOS has not built it into the game as a feature.

It’s still a controversial topic in the forums.

There is also a skill point you can pick up in each tutorial ... though nowadays it’s a lesser issue with over 500 skill points in the base game plus DLC & Elsweyr.

Elsweyr is still a Chapter and it’s own purchase until early June ... at which then ZOS will likely move it to DLC status. Players who own the Elsweyr Chapter currently do get to experience the Elsweyr tutorial.

As for Greymoor, if ZOS includes a tutorial for new characters/players (highly likely), it will release with the Greymoor Chapter content in late May.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on February 12, 2020 2:56AM
  • wc5b
    wc5b
    ✭✭
    Ok, no one understands what I am asking. It says if I buy Greymoor then I get the other chapters too. So I bought Greymoor. Why can I not make a Necro Class? Same question asked from another angle. I understand old charactors can't go to starter areas. I am however asking why it does not appear I unlocked the previous chapters with the purchuse of Greymoor upgrade.
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you buy the Digital Upgrade? Only the full version of the game Greymoor™ Digital Collector’s Edition includes the chapters, Greymoor™ Digital Collector’s Edition Upgrade does not.
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • wc5b
    wc5b
    ✭✭
    If that is the case they need to spell it out on the store site. In the compare it does not list a difference between the Upgrade and the Full as one having features the other does not. Just one example of Collectors edition or Standard with the fact the other chapters are included and When you click buy now it says existing players choose this, new select that. Only real reason I went collector edition was it also said somewhere you get the collectors editions of the other chapters too and now it seems I dont get any of that. Kinda disappointed.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wc5b wrote: »
    If that is the case they need to spell it out on the store site. In the compare it does not list a difference between the Upgrade and the Full as one having features the other does not. Just one example of Collectors edition or Standard with the fact the other chapters are included and When you click buy now it says existing players choose this, new select that. Only real reason I went collector edition was it also said somewhere you get the collectors editions of the other chapters too and now it seems I dont get any of that. Kinda disappointed.

You could contact ZoS they may be able to upgrade you, I'd think they would.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wc5b wrote: »
    If that is the case they need to spell it out on the store site.

Seems pretty clear to me what’s included in each edition or upgrade.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57527/

Regardless, you can submit a Support Ticket to either upgrade or cancel what you recently purchased.