The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Just remove PTS, its useless

Artorias24
Artorias24
✭✭✭✭✭
Why on earth should we still participate in PTS? Literally EVERY feedback we give just gets ignored.

We dont want those Off Balance changes - Ignored
We dont want cast time on the new stone fist - Ignored
We dont want an ranged spammable for a melee class (stamdk) - Ignored
We want Cast time on ults removed - Ignored

You have clearly NO vision or direction where we go. Game changes the meta/skills/classes every 3 month. Are we still in Beta or what?

You nerf two really good stamina spammables (Ransack/Heroic Slash) and give is a clunky shield bash as a replacement. Guess what, no one wants to spam their shield bash to deal damage while holding a sword in his other hand and never use it. You buff/nerf/buff/nerf Dizzy our only non class spammable left. How it can be to finally find a balance? You doing this since over a year and still you need to change stuff.

You put Cast time on Ults and 99% of the feedback you get is CLEARLY NEGATIVE and yet you dont remove it. No! you even put a cast time on the new stone fist....

Just admit it, you cont care about us. You do, whatever you want and we just have to accept it. You say, you have a vision for this game, yet no one else can see what you are planning. We give Feedback every PTS cicle and nearly nothing gets adressed on what we are bringing up to you. Flamelash and Off-Balance, the only thing you adressed and a snare on dizzy. Thats what we need, more snares in the game while only having 3-4 sources of snare removal. Genius.

I am just so disappointed in the devs and what they do to this game that we all fall on love with.
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry, they'll listen to our feedback and fix it next patch.

/s
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
    Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Literally the smallest meta affecting patch in history of ESO, still brings 'changing meta every 3month' argument. No wonder nobody listens to your feedback.
    Options
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't they say this patch would be mostly performance fixes ? Yet they manage to ruin so many things and anger so many people, and then ignore every single peice of feedback.

Crazy

Edited by Crixus8000 on February 10, 2020 7:41PM
    Options
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. The only time ZOS "listened" is when literally hundreds if not thousands of us bombarded the Forum about the same thing. In this case we rained heck on the forum about cast times on Shields. Utterly ridiculous putting cast times on something you need immediately.

It took a lot...and I do mean a LOT to get them to not implement cast times on Shields. So instead ZOS punished us (because we were correct) by reducing shield strength to utter uselessness.

I agree with OP about the buff/nerf/destroy skill circle that ZOS continues to go through. I know so many players have left to never return due to the constant "balancing" of the game.

I'm guessing when ZOS can't get new people to buy this game and all us old timers have left due to all the "balancing" a light bulb will pop in their heads.
    Options
  • ElvenVeil
    ElvenVeil
    ✭✭✭
    @SodanTok if you don't think this off balance changes affects the meta a lot I would say you don't have a strong grasp on the pvp stamina scene. and that's not said to be offensive, but really.. this is a huge change for off balance gameplay, and not for the better.

as for the general sentiment of constant buffs and nerfs, I think it also affects another dimension of the game. As a stamina player, I feel like at the moment I can level either stamplar or stamcro.. As I don't have either and they have the most stuff that still works good. But that also means that they are next in line for big nerfs, so that leaves me with a feeling of why bothering leveling such a char.. Same goes for set farming. Why bother farming when strong stuff is nerfed to the ground. All this nerf mentality has a very bad effect on how what we as players can expect from the future patches.
    Options
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JanTanhide wrote: »
    Agree. The only time ZOS "listened" is when literally hundreds if not thousands of us bombarded the Forum about the same thing. In this case we rained heck on the forum about cast times on Shields. Utterly ridiculous putting cast times on something you need immediately.

It took a lot...and I do mean a LOT to get them to not implement cast times on Shields. So instead ZOS punished us (because we were correct) by reducing shield strength to utter uselessness.

I agree with OP about the buff/nerf/destroy skill circle that ZOS continues to go through. I know so many players have left to never return due to the constant "balancing" of the game.

I'm guessing when ZOS can't get new people to buy this game and all us old timers have left due to all the "balancing" a light bulb will pop in their heads.

I don't think it has to do with feedback on forums. Honestly i think they only change things when the youtubers go crazy because that will really damage them.
    Options
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    I object, they added stagger to first AoE stonefist cast! :astonished:
    Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
    Options
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    speak for yourself, if nothing else i use the PTS to get ahead start as best i can before the live
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xbobx15 wrote: »

I don't think it has to do with feedback on forums. Honestly i think they only change things when the youtubers go crazy because that will really damage them.

They've said that they take feedback from a ton of sources: forums, reddit, twitter, youtube, dms, class reps, twitch etc.
    Options
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »

They've said that they take feedback from a ton of sources: forums, reddit, twitter, youtube, dms, class reps, twitch etc.

the forum post was a major catalyst for sure
    Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ElvenVeil wrote: »
    @SodanTok if you don't think this off balance changes affects the meta a lot I would say you don't have a strong grasp on the pvp stamina scene. and that's not said to be offensive, but really.. this is a huge change for off balance gameplay, and not for the better.

as for the general sentiment of constant buffs and nerfs, I think it also affects another dimension of the game. As a stamina player, I feel like at the moment I can level either stamplar or stamcro.. As I don't have either and they have the most stuff that still works good. But that also means that they are next in line for big nerfs, so that leaves me with a feeling of why bothering leveling such a char.. Same goes for set farming. Why bother farming when strong stuff is nerfed to the ground. All this nerf mentality has a very bad effect on how what we as players can expect from the future patches.

Its all gonna be over soon, dont worry. Im sure knowing game for like 3 patches feels like its big deal but soon you will not even remember what happened this patch.
    Options
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only wish I could participate in PTS to get a jump start on the newest content. Although I don't disagree with how frustrating it would be if you fully participate and most all feedback can seemingly be ignored.

Outside of a few ZOS employees I don't think really any of them play this game at a high enough level for them to really care how us vets feel tbh.
    Options
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most content creator are against cast times. Even the big ones like Fengrush, Kristofer ESO, Bislobo and more. 99% of the community. Still no return to non cast time ults.

I still get angry in the game when my ult gets interrupted right when i need it. Healing tether for example or Dawnbreaker is missing cause the cast time was long enough for my target to move out cause fights are not static on one point.... So many times my mates complain in discord that their DB missed again and more.

I LOVED to play my StamDK and use S&B as the damage bar. Either Ransack or Heroic cause it was giving such a good feeling. Being a Knight/warrior. Some realistic vibes. But when i want to use S&B now i need to use powerbash to even get some damage. You look like an brainless ape spamming shield bash to kill someone. Why even slot a Sword? xD just rename the skill line to "Shield".

But now i can at least throw some rocks from distance at my enemy. except he interrupts my initial cast time :D:D
    Will be so much fun. Omg, cant wait.
    Options
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only thing that matters is money. As long as there are thousands of users spending ungodly amounts of real cash on motifs, furnishings, silly pets, you name it, the dev team will be free to satisfy their own visions without repercussion. Caring about the state of combat in this game is a waste of time. Do we really have to beat each other over the head to see the obvious?
    Options
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lot of bs changes and not listening to feedback. thanks for nothing zos :angry:
    #SaveIceheart
    PC EU
    Options
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting real tired of people assuming they are speaking for everybody when they really mean themselves
    we this we, that no its you "they" get 1000's of feedbacks daily they cant cover them all so it seems like you got ignored
    no they got @#$% to do as is
    Options
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

Its all gonna be over soon, dont worry. Im sure knowing game for like 3 patches feels like its big deal but soon you will not even remember what happened this patch.

B)
    Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, now, the Shield cast time isn't the ONLY thing they ever didn't go through with because of overwhelming negative PTS feedback.

There was also a really dumb change to enchanting that they didn't go ahead with because of the negative reaction it received on PTS one time. And also, there was... ummm.... errr..... uhhh..... I'm sure there's something else..... hmmmm......
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    Options
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just like WoW where the PTS isn't actually used for testing and feedback, but as a promotional/marketing tool. It should be obvious by now that ZOS will do what they are going to do regardless of what the community actually wants.
    Options
  • ElvenVeil
    ElvenVeil
    ✭✭✭

hmm ^^ I have played pvp consistently in this game since late 2016 / early 2017 :p but yeah we can pretend I am new to the game if you like
    Options
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    It's just like WoW where the PTS isn't actually used for testing and feedback, but as a promotional/marketing tool. It should be obvious by now that ZOS will do what they are going to do regardless of what the community actually wants.

Partially Yes, but there all old developments are removed and ignored with each new patch.

hmm ^^ I have played pvp consistently in this game since late 2016 / early 2017 :p but yeah we can pretend I am new to the game if you like

I think SodanTok had a different meaning :p
    Edited by OrderoftheDarkness on February 10, 2020 8:48PM
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Artorias24 wrote: »

Most content creator are against cast times. Even the big ones like Fengrush, Kristofer ESO, Bislobo and more. 99% of the community. Still no return to non cast time ults.

I still get angry in the game when my ult gets interrupted right when i need it. Healing tether for example or Dawnbreaker is missing cause the cast time was long enough for my target to move out cause fights are not static on one point.... So many times my mates complain in discord that their DB missed again and more.

I LOVED to play my StamDK and use S&B as the damage bar. Either Ransack or Heroic cause it was giving such a good feeling. Being a Knight/warrior. Some realistic vibes. But when i want to use S&B now i need to use powerbash to even get some damage. You look like an brainless ape spamming shield bash to kill someone. Why even slot a Sword? xD just rename the skill line to "Shield".

But now i can at least throw some rocks from distance at my enemy. except he interrupts my initial cast time :D:D
    Will be so much fun. Omg, cant wait.

Yeah and I am not the biggest fan either but ZOS seems to be sticking to its guns here. I mean honestly, despite the cast time I still hit people with those ults (not justifying the change just mentioning). I am not sure why they are sticking to their guns on this one change despite feedback but it really does not affect me so even though I am not a fan I just go with it.
    Edited by OtarTheMad on February 10, 2020 8:51PM
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, now, the Shield cast time isn't the ONLY thing they ever didn't go through with because of overwhelming negative PTS feedback.

There was also a really dumb change to enchanting that they didn't go ahead with because of the negative reaction it received on PTS one time. And also, there was... ummm.... errr..... uhhh..... I'm sure there's something else..... hmmmm......

There was outrage in U22 on unbreakable silence on incap. Sorcs were saved as result, but incap gutted.
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They haven't ruined elf bane yet. But they still have time
    Options
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The sorc tears was material for an epic poem at the time of the cast times. Zos was moved to the heart with sympathy*, the role of PTS had nothing to do with their decision.

*Fear of loss of income really.
    Options
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Very true. Feedback on the forums MAY get looked at but it's not such a big deal since you've already bought a copy of the game so your at least vested. Feedback, complaints, bad reviews, ect on external sights I imagine has a much greater impact since potential customers are more likely to see it and be turned off to buying the game so while you should still voice your opinion, concerns, whatever here, you should definitely do it other places as well if it's an issue you truly care about.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some major changes have occurred between x.0 and x.5 That is why we participate on the PTS.

How many hours has OP spent on the PST this cycle?
    Options
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spreadsheets know best?

i do think developers do often know their game better than players, but I have been frustrated by the communication this pts cycle... which, coincidentally, is the only one I have paid much attention to
    Options
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, before:

Us: We have an issue with Cloak-spammers

ZOS: Okay, we nerf every other NB skill except Cloak

Errmmm, okay..
    Options
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Some major changes have occurred between x.0 and x.5 That is why we participate on the PTS.

How many hours has OP spent on the PST this cycle?

What are those major changes? Nothing got changed to Stone Fist. A lot of players told them it feels clunky with the cast time. You cant even cast the initial "charge" while blocking cause of cast time.

Off balance still stays the same. Only the skills got adjusted to fit the new off balance change. How often got off balance changed now? 10 Times? I think its time for a final solution.....
    mav1234 wrote: »
    spreadsheets know best?

i do think developers do often know their game better than players, but I have been frustrated by the communication this pts cycle... which, coincidentally, is the only one I have paid much attention to

I am actually 100% sure they dont. They once made a BG against class reps and literally just got deleted. I saw devs running around with 2h and Resto on a stamden. The only thing he did was respawning.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.