Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Weapons I Wish Were In ESO

Akisohida
Akisohida
✭✭✭✭
Weapons, and weapon trees, I wish would be added in some way:

Unarmed:
Skills could focus on interrupts; stuns, and knockdowns with haymakers, trips and the like.

Bo Staff:
Skills could focus on slowing attackers skills that strike to the arms, legs, and head.

Throwing Knives:
Work kind of like bow & arrow, only you're throwing knives instead of shooting arrows. Think of it like the 'Two Weapon' of ranged attack, whereas bows are the '2-handed' ranged weapon.
Skills focus on rapid DPS, same was wielding 2 weapons; flurry of thrown knives instead of stabs. Skills that rapidly move the character left or right or back with attacks worked in, to avoid area of effect attacks.

There's others I want, but they fit into already-existing skill trees:
Spears (2-handed with different animations)
Crossbows (Just a slower, stronger bow & arrow, really)
etc
  • Akisohida
    Akisohida
    ✭✭✭✭
    I apparently can't edit the post, so 'Unarmed' would cover punch daggers and cestus gloves.
  • Speely
    Speely
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like spears should have their own line that can be used 1h or 2h. Spears are awesome weapons and deserve their own line, imo. It actually takes me out of the game whenever they aren't included because they are objectively effective melee weapons aside from what other weapons offer. Would also offer a unique, versatile weapon skill line.

Less verisimilitudinous: whips. I just like whips because. Better with Daedric factions. ;)
  • Akisohida
    Akisohida
    ✭✭✭✭
    Speely wrote: »
    I feel like spears should have their own line that can be used 1h or 2h. Spears are awesome weapons and deserve their own line, imo. It actually takes me out of the game whenever they aren't included because they are objectively effective melee weapons aside from what other weapons offer. Would also offer a unique, versatile weapon skill line.

Less verisimilitudinous: whips. I just like whips because. Better with Daedric factions. ;)

I'll admit; I like using the whips in Dark Souls because they're just fun.
    But whips were never a combat weapon; I doubt someone in plate, or even thick leather, would feel a whip strike.
    Though they could offer a mid-range reach (shorter than bows, longer than melee weapons) with trips and pulls. Maybe aggro skills for a tank.
    WhipTank.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akisohida wrote: »
    Weapons I Wish Were In ESO
    Been there, posted that: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/371862/additional-weapon-skill-ideas-mk-ii/p1 ;)
    Speely wrote: »
    I feel like spears should have their own line that can be used 1h or 2h.
    Doesn't work that way - one skill line is always either 1H or 2H, and one 2H weapon cannot be used for any 1H skill line.
    You can however use weapons for different 1H skill lines, determined by the combination with the the offhand...

As for "spears", well, "polearms" would be a 2H skill line for long spears (and loads of other types of "stick with a weapon end"), but they might also add short spears as optional 1H weapon for 1H&S for the "myrmidon" feeling...
    Akisohida wrote: »
    But whips were never a combat weapon; I doubt someone in plate, or even thick leather, would feel a whip strike.
    It would depend on the whip.
    There are whip-ish weapons you'd definitely have to watch out for... bot of course, they are not really "whips" anymore. More like... flails.
    But there also are in-between weapons of the flexible kind... from "urumi" to "meteor hammer" to chain whip...

Of course, all those might be a tad iffy when animating. But if that presented no too great difficulties, it would be fun to add flexible weapons, perhaps with a defense-bypassing effect (aka, flailing around a shield or other block)
  • Legate_Lanius
    Legate_Lanius
    ✭✭✭
    latest?cb=20180505114447

Yes I know I’m dreaming