Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is the process to fix this

barney2525
barney2525
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
A friend of mine bought the game several years ago along with some DLCs. Eventually quit playing to play other games. During that time, his Email account got hacked and ended up being disabled. Note - his Email. Not his game account.

Now he wants to play ESO again as there have been a lot of changes. However, he found out his account was tied to the Email reported as identity theft, and as such, he can not log in. ESO has acknowledged they have the records of his purchasing the game and dlcs. However, they have not yet allowed him to assign a different email to the account so he can log in. He has already paid to play the game. Additionally, he has not broken any rules or done anything wrong. Yet he has no access to the game.

What needs to be done to resolve this so he can play the game he paid for?

Thank you
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »
    ESO has acknowledged they have the records of his purchasing the game and dlcs. However, they have not yet allowed him to assign a different email to the account so he can log in.

Sounds like ZOS is still reviewing the situation.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your friend should post the ticket number in your thread ... or start a new thread in the General Help, @barney2525.

That way a friendly forums mod can move the ticket along.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll let him know

Thanks

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would recommend a fresh thread vs using this one. But Tale is correct.

Keep the details simple as they are really just asking to get some attention from Zos. They should tag ZOS_BillE with the @ symbol immediately before that name. You know what I mean.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @barney2525

As mentioned by other players in this thread, you can post your friends ticket number here so we can check on its status.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    He decided not to fight with Zos. He was using the Chat support so he did not have a ticket number at the time. Since so much has changed and there is so much more he decided just to buy the new stuff and start a new account.

Thanks anyway

:#