Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Can mdk get a heal over time.

DRTE
DRTE
✭✭✭✭
Cauterize takes too long to tick. burning embers has to be active and hard to use on defense. coag cost's to much to spam. resto staff lowers defense too much.
Can mdk please have a defensive heal over time like most other classes.
DRAGON SPAWN

Tyrion septim. Stam DK
Agneyastra. Mag DK
Evil Buu. Mag Sorc
Super Evil Buu. Stam Sorc
Carmala Jabspammer. Magplar
Get some help. Stamplar
Plebby Longstockings. Stamblade
Nightbot. Magblade
Unslaad Krosis. Magden
Dirty lich. Magcro
  • Ryanoxx
    Ryanoxx
    ✭✭✭
    DRTE wrote: »
    Cauterize takes too long to tick. burning embers has to be active and hard to use on defense. coag cost's to much to spam. resto staff lowers defense too much.
    Can mdk please have a defensive heal over time like most other classes.

I already suggested a hundret times to make embers heal a percentage over time instead a bunch at the end and make it an ability that can only be used on one enemy.

Also the off-balance makes Flame Lash even worse then it is and the heal over time has a massive cooldown making it suck. MagDk really lacks heals over time which makes it bound to certain builds.
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before i talked about it. All Magicka builds need Magicka Vigor. So zos need to add one more skill to that tree as MAGICKA VIGOR...
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheHsN wrote: »
    Before i talked about it. All Magicka builds need Magicka Vigor. So zos need to add one more skill to that tree as MAGICKA VIGOR...

You can slot a resto back bar and use radiating, which is like 1000 better than vigor (even better if you use a powered staff)
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinder Storm is a HoT.

What I think is funny is some NBs call out for a solid heal, even though they have one, and here we have DKs calling out for a HoT even though they have one. They just want something different than what they do have and I do not expect it is good for Zos to try to please everyone.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Cinder Storm is a HoT.

What I think is funny is some NBs call out for a solid heal, even though they have one, and here we have DKs calling out for a HoT even though they have one. They just want something different than what they do have and I do not expect it is good for Zos to try to please everyone.

Yesterday I was toying with my crafter mageblade... he still has his resto, so I had a look at his resto skills, and I realized that spirit siphon is now instant cast.

So technically you can run a Mageblade with a resto staff weaving light attacks and swallow sould while keeping siph attacks active... and that's like a ton of magicka and healing. You can even use cripple and entropy for extra healing and magicka return

Of course, spirit siphon could solve mDKs problems with HoTs, just throw spirit siphon and put a nice oT that will give you 300 magicka and 600 health each 2 secs (on top of the burning status)
    Edited by Xvorg on January 31, 2020 9:21PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinder Storm is a HoT.

Right, with 5k magicka cost and 5 metres range.
    Either rework this skill range and cost wise or give us viable heal over time skill. Look at Templar's ritual - does damage, heals, purges and (on live) snares in 12m area for 4700 magicka.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKs are already unkillable
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make Structured Entropy a non-targeted HoT + Major Sorcery. It would basically be the old version of 2H Rally without the burst heal, the HoT should not be very strong, that would still be a big QOL buff to a lot of Mag specs, especially mDK, too many burst windows are closed by being forced to cast Cauterize or Coag to stay out of execute range. An ironic problem, considering how overbearing healing is on the meta overall, and how hard it can be to kill DKs.
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinder Storm is a HoT.

While that all may be true Cinder Storm is a remarkably underused skill. I think we all just want both morphs to hover around us like the one Destro Ult, but that might be too strong, not sure.

Or remove the snare and increase the radius, we already have easy access to snares with Warmth but there may be some players who really enjoy this feature

Edited by Urzigurumash on February 1, 2020 10:59PM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While that all may be true Cinder Storm is a remarkably underused skill.
    *Compares Cinder Storm to Extended Ritual*
    *Cries DK tears*

For its absurd cost, it would need to have a bigger radius, grant Major Evasion while inside, and the HoT and maybe also the Major Evasion would have to "stick" on leaving the AoE for at least a good 10 seconds. The 70% snare is actually a waste of its power budget and can be reduced.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last thing dks in general needs is an extra heal.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree the snare seems to be what's holding it back. I don't think it should be as strong as Extended Ritual though, that should occupy more space of the overall Templar power budget than Cinder Storm should for DK, in my opinion.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree the snare seems to be what's holding it back. I don't think it should be as strong as Extended Ritual though, that should occupy more space of the overall Templar power budget than Cinder Storm should for DK, in my opinion.
    A fair stance, but in that case, zero reason for it to cost 6k Magicka or whatever, make it the usual 4k ish base cost you see on defensive abilities. DK doesn't need more overall healing, but it could use that healing to be moved around a little to provide better windows for burst combos.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll trade you Refreshing Path for Cauterize.
  • danara
    danara
    ✭✭✭
    Cinder Storm is a HoT.

Cinder Storm is an AoE and i think it is the smallest in the entire game? Not sure about that xD

Yes => NB is a complete mess right now, the only spec you can shine with (and i speak about competitive gameplay, so not about a random kid playing 1 hour every to week) is NB PvP Healer... You have so much hot, so much way to dissapear from the fight and then come back.

Now => The point is that with recent nerf DK is locked in certain build, if we want to see more diversity yes we have to give mag dk some self heal better than what they have right now.

My Conclusion is : This topic is not about nb, it s about mag dk, we all know nb (especialy mag) need a buff. And people saying the contrary are just troll or bad player. But because nb need a buff you cant say that some other class dont need a buff. Like come on, how many MAG (i insist on mag) DK do you see per day? as much as nb maybe a little more?
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cinder storm is indeed small. I have heard others that use the snare in PVP at keep doors and such and that it works quite well. Seems like a waste for the cost and purpose to be used for that. One the other hand it is a nice skill to use when tanking, which I think is its intended purpose.

What I would like to see is flames of oblivion changed to work every 2-3 seconds instead of 5 seconds. This would come at a cost of some burst but would help a DK maintain more pressure. Of course adjust the numbers to match the heal or dps for the quicker interval.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Cinder storm is indeed small. I have heard others that use the snare in PVP at keep doors and such and that it works quite well. Seems like a waste for the cost and purpose to be used for that. One the other hand it is a nice skill to use when tanking, which I think is its intended purpose.

What I would like to see is flames of oblivion changed to work every 2-3 seconds instead of 5 seconds. This would come at a cost of some burst but would help a DK maintain more pressure. Of course adjust the numbers to match the heal or dps for the quicker interval.

By all means adjust the frequency of cauterize but leave FOO alone :lol:
    I used it as a spammable and molten as an execute...
    I would hate it if it was any weaker.
    It is also very satisfying to weave between light attacks when someone is running away from you...

But i do think cauterize should get some love!
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree on cauterize, a tic every 5sec is too random. It would make more sense to have more but weaker tics over the same duration.

By the way, if you build for sustain and resistance, burning embers, cauterize and dragon blood are fairly decent heal. If you'd have a strong HoT in addition, we wouldn't get any further away from that unkillable damage tank meta. (which is imo mostly a stam issue)

And please stop the rediculous discussion for cinder storm. It costs 5.6k mag has a small ass radius. Everyone who spent only 30 minutes with playing a mag dk knows its blody useless in pvp.

And i still miss an execute for MagDk

^
    Edited by Zer0_CooL on February 3, 2020 9:33AM
  • Skysenzz
    Skysenzz
    ✭✭✭
    Mdk doesn't need any more heals, they already have cauterize and burning embers that are both really strong heals. Then you have coag which is a strong self-heal but imo is not even needed for the class.
    CP1000+
    DC sDK Skysenzz
    DC Stamden Kartag Vosh Rakh
    DC mDK Ignis-Noctem
    DC sDK Ellesperis
    DC MagSorc Victorià
    EP Stamplar Subject to change
    EP StamBlade Powerful Ninja Zoid
    DC StamNecro StamDK ls Better
  • Ryanoxx
    Ryanoxx
    ✭✭✭
    Cinder Storm is a HoT.

Cinderstorm is a ground-based ability. It is very unreliable since you have to move around in pvp.
  • Ryanoxx
    Ryanoxx
    ✭✭✭
    Skysenzz wrote: »
    Mdk doesn't need any more heals, they already have cauterize and burning embers that are both really strong heals. Then you have coag which is a strong self-heal but imo is not even needed for the class.

Openworld Embers is bad. You put it on someone, they go out of range everyone else snaring and rooting you and you got no heal. Thats why I suggest making Embers heal over time instead all at the end and make it only effect one player. That way there would be a heal over time and it would not be such a strong burst heal which would make running dragonblood more important.
  • MaskedHuman
    MaskedHuman
    ✭✭✭
    MagDK already has power lash which is a super strong heal over time, I would ask for a cinderstorm buff if they want to keep power lash have a 15 second cooldown
    EP MagDK - Former emperor, Magplar - The Flawless Conqueror, StamDK - The merciless, Stamden - The merciless, MagNB, The merciless.
    DC MagDK (Main) The Flawless Conquerer, StamDK - The Flawless Conqueror, Stamden - Former emperor, Stamsorc - The merciless, Stamblade - The merciless, StamDK - The merciless, Stamplar - The merciless, Stamnecro, The merciless.
  • CaliMade
    CaliMade
    ✭✭✭✭
    MagDK already has power lash which is a super strong heal over time, I would ask for a cinderstorm buff if they want to keep power lash have a 15 second cooldown

read patch notes then come reframe your argument

XB1 GT- Cali Made

Praetorian Stam DK Redguard

Brigadier Stam/magblade (whatever i feel like running) Redguard

Major Mag DK Dark Elf

lieutenant Mag/stamplar (whatever i feel like running) Redguard
  • CaliMade
    CaliMade
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll trade you Refreshing Path for Cauterize.

Giving up Flames of Oblivion for Cauterize is like giving up Swallow Soul for Funnel health. You dont know what your asking for.

FYI Rapid Regen Crits 4.7k/sec for magnb. Cauterize Crits 6.7k a tick. take a minute to see how crappy a heal cauterize is for mag dk
    XB1 GT- Cali Made

Praetorian Stam DK Redguard

Brigadier Stam/magblade (whatever i feel like running) Redguard

Major Mag DK Dark Elf

lieutenant Mag/stamplar (whatever i feel like running) Redguard
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    I agree on cauterize, a tic every 5sec is too random. It would make more sense to have more but weaker tics over the same duration.

By the way, if you build for sustain and resistance, burning embers, cauterize and dragon blood are fairly decent heal. If you'd have a strong HoT in addition, we wouldn't get any further away from that unkillable damage tank meta. (which is imo mostly a stam issue)

And please stop the rediculous discussion for cinder storm. It costs 5.6k mag has a small ass radius. Everyone who spent only 30 minutes with playing a mag dk knows its blody useless in pvp.

And i still miss an execute for MagDk

^

1/3 heal reduction for double tick rate would be ok imo
  • DRTE
    DRTE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also the fact cauterize shoots off to random players so you don't even get the heal when around other players which sucks
    DRAGON SPAWN

Tyrion septim. Stam DK
    Agneyastra. Mag DK
    Evil Buu. Mag Sorc
    Get some help. Stamplar
    Nightbot. Magblade
    Unslaad Krosis. Magden
    Dirty lich. Magcro
  • DRTE
    DRTE
    ✭✭✭✭
    i don't mind healing others but skills like that should always prioritize the casters health over random players.
    DRAGON SPAWN

Tyrion septim. Stam DK
    Agneyastra. Mag DK
    Evil Buu. Mag Sorc
    Get some help. Stamplar
    Nightbot. Magblade
    Unslaad Krosis. Magden
    Dirty lich. Magcro
  • jajablast
    jajablast
    ✭✭
    i know people will hate this but, make cauterize scale only with sd/mag and make it tick every 3 seconds instead of 5 might be a nice change and wont be broken on stamdk lol or give power lash a bigger heal maybe with ofc a new proc condition since off balance is getting wrecked
  • DRTE
    DRTE
    ✭✭✭✭
    i wouldn't mind if it ticked every 3s and lasted only 9s would be a bit more useful, but peoples arguments is cauterize is spamable so there's no need to adjust it. Honestly who is spamming cauterize to stay alive it's not even that strong of a heal and with defile its next to useless. with the fixes to necro major defile is going to be everywhere.
    DRAGON SPAWN

Tyrion septim. Stam DK
    Agneyastra. Mag DK
    Evil Buu. Mag Sorc
    Get some help. Stamplar
    Nightbot. Magblade
    Unslaad Krosis. Magden
    Dirty lich. Magcro
  • jajablast
    jajablast
    ✭✭
    yeah its borderline op with stamdk with major mending getting like 9-12k ticks, then magdk u get like a 3-5k heal from caut i feel you lol