The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Mages Wrath Spammable Idea

xiZeroPointix
xiZeroPointix
✭✭✭
Endless Fury- this ability now deals 250% extra damage to targets that are at or below 25% health. The ability will retain the 4 sec delay and heal for 20% of the initial hit over the 4 sec duration. If the target dies from the ability, restore 8,000 magic over 10 seconds and gain Major Berserk for 10seconds (this is a joke lol)

Mages Wrath- this ability is no longer an execute. This ability instead will deal 5500 shock damage and an additional 120% damage to targets above 50% health. If the ability critically strikes, it applies concussion to all enemies in an 8 meter radius around the original target and sets the opponent off-balance. The animation should be a frontal projectile instead of a raised hand, to promote weaving the ability during a rotation.

Once again these are ideas and I would appreciate positive feedback on them and please refrain from suggestive comments. It’s just a fun and Interesting IDEA. Please let me know what you think or any improvements to the ability
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's this new wave of msorcs asking for a class spammable?
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    I’m not a new player. Ive been a mag sorc main for over 3 years. Stam DK before that
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    What's this new wave of msorcs asking for a class spammable?

Wave? Its the just the same person posting ideas in separate threads as far as I can tell.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is Crushing Shock or Elemental Weapon not a good enough spammable? They're both very strong and fit the Sorc theme perfectly.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m not a new player. Ive been a mag sorc main for over 3 years. Stam DK before that

And you think a spammable for msorcs is something this game needs more than fixing what they have done to NBs and DKs?

Msorc is one of the best classes in the game. It has always been that. The class achieve its position without having a class spammable. It is a very well rounded class and it should be the current gold standard for balancing ranged and magicka classes (with stamplar being the gold standard for melee and stamina classes)

Anyway, the standard spammable which msorc has access are more than good, and even surpass class spammables like strife, racer or even concealed weapon. On top of that, both (elemental weapon and force shock) allow you to use some quite interesting passives that, otherwise, you won't be able to use if you get the sorc spammable (the temptation to fill all slots with sorc skills for the extra spell dmg is quite high).

And, if you still don't get that, then let me explain how ZoS balance things. If as a sorc you get a spammable, then ZoS will take away something from you. And not just a thing you don't use. Just look at NBs, they have 2 spammable. To keep them ZoS has nerfed the heck out of them.

Adding a class spammable for sorc will create more problems than solutions for the class. Imho msorc is close to be perfect as class. It needs some tweaks and not a radical change as adding a class spammable. I prefer 1000 times ZoS gives back frags stun or at least make it off balance on hit rather than a spammable.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hear ye, hear ye.

Being a toxic, running away, pet LOSing, zerg healing, Xv1 class incablable of finishing fights alone against a semi competent opponent is/should be the gold standard for balancing.

I´d laugh if it wasn´t so horrifying that apparently some people (that i´m pretty sure of never actually touched the class outside of above discussed activities) actually think the current state of magsorc is ok - and pretty much everyone should be horrified about this being a role model for other classes. EW.

Edited by Derra on January 30, 2020 4:32PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use destro spammable or psijic spammable. That is their purpose.

No. Sorc does not need buffs or rework
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We also don't need a general spammable for sorc thread as well as a specific skill rework. This is also not applicable to bugs, current combat change analysis, new content critiquing or item set discussion and therefore should be moved to somewhere else like general.

Where you already have started a thread. Or if a more serious analysis in combat discussion. Again where you already have an open thread on it.
    Edited by Onefrkncrzypope on January 30, 2020 5:00PM
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Decimus
    Decimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing mSorc is the gold standard for these days is zerging.

It's a shame, because in the past it used to be the other way around where instead of streaking SnB permablocking matriarch heal spamming Xv1 heroes you had respectable players going about 1v1'ing and 1vX'ing with the class.

Somewhere, at some point something went seriously wrong with mag sorc and needs to be fixed.

Not sure if giving them a spammable is the way to go about it though. How do you make something that excels in Xv1 better in 1v1s & 1vX without just making the zerging part worse?

One way to go about it would be condensing the skills & freeing up bar space that way, e.g. making matriarch weaker, but only require one skill slot, and/or attaching Major Breach to one of the skills - Fury for example - so Ele Drain isn't a must slot etc, and then tuning down the broken zerg aspects of the class.

Having Streak/BoL consume a % of max magicka rather than a flat amount (and then get the stacking cost modifier) would be a good way of curbing down the cowardly way many play the class without unnecessarily hurting stam sorcs.
    PC/EU @ DECMVS
  • Beavisaur13
    Beavisaur13
    ✭✭✭
    So you just gonna spam the pts fourms with magsorc spammable posts? This like your 3 post, pts fourms gets spammable before sorcs lol
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m fine with the options we have: Ele Weapon or Crushing Shock for single target. Force Pulse for cleave, and Shock Ring or Shock Clench for full AoE. Scalding Rune can also be used as a semi-spammable if used against a stationary target and never twice in a row.
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    This is not a balance skills and classes post or pve vs pvp or how bad “x” class was nerfed post. Weapon skill lines are supposed to be there for choice. It’s a must for Sorc class. I’m not saying they are weak or strong. I had a fun idea for a skill change that could be interesting for my favorite class. I’m not asking ZoS to rework anything. I had an idea and I wanted to know what you think about it. BTW destro skill line was changed so you don’t have to have a skill slotted to use the skill line passives, just have a destro staff slotted. They don’t have to have a class spammable, but the choice would be nice to have. Yes I actually posted this 4 times I believe, along with another mages wrath spammable idea as well. This was meant to be fun, it was not meant to call the forum warriors to arms. I think people need to offer more suggestions themselves instead of attacking the people that bring options to the table
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is not a balance skills and classes post or pve vs pvp or how bad “x” class was nerfed post. Weapon skill lines are supposed to be there for choice. It’s a must for Sorc class. I’m not saying they are weak or strong. I had a fun idea for a skill change that could be interesting for my favorite class. I’m not asking ZoS to rework anything. I had an idea and I wanted to know what you think about it. BTW destro skill line was changed so you don’t have to have a skill slotted to use the skill line passives, just have a destro staff slotted. They don’t have to have a class spammable, but the choice would be nice to have. Yes I actually posted this 4 times I believe, along with another mages wrath spammable idea as well. This was meant to be fun, it was not meant to call the forum warriors to arms. I think people need to offer more suggestions themselves instead of attacking the people that bring options to the table

People are just trying to tell you it's not in the cards. While it may be interesting to talk about, it won't happen for sorcs anytime soon, at least not in the current context of the game. What the Mag Sorc lacks in a class spammable, they get in spades for everything else, that's how they were designed and that's how they'll stay because that's how ZOS views the class.

It's the same reason DK doesn't have an execute.

ZOS wants classes to use abilities outside their class to fill the gaps of what they're missing. This is intentional. The issue comes when a class like Stam Sorc and Stam DK use over 50% of their active abilities outside their class. Thus why we've seen a spammable added for Stam DK and a delayed burst skill added for Stam Sorc. They actually deserved them.

The only reason changes should ever be be made to Sorc... is in the interest of where it lacks for the other 3 roles. Stam, healer and tank.

Lastly, people are right. You're spamming the forums with your ideas, this doesn't even belong in the PTS section.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭
    So if the target is above 50% health you propose a ranged spammable does 11K damage, with minor vulnerability (8% more damage received) and off balance (extra 10% damage done)... THANK GOD you arnt in charge of balance
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would honestly love some one to do a live demonstration on how great their mag sorc is outside of killing a few PVE'ers in this event or kill stealing in bg's or running in some small scale zerg group.

Class is in shambles compared to what it once was. Sustain of this class is absolutely dreadful

Edited by PhoenixGrey on January 31, 2020 1:13AM
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »

How many hours of solo open world pvp do you have on ur sorc this patch
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »

How many hours of solo open world pvp do you have on ur sorc this patch

A dozen or so. I dont pick fights with zergs. Mostly take a few resources, bait a response and farm the pugs who come out. Most of my cyro time is spent with a team where im regulated to being a negate bot.

Fundamentally I do agree with you. Sorcs are in horrific shape, held up by a a few abilities that appear to overperform. Scoreboards in bgs being the primary cause of nerf sorc threads and constant complaints.

I dont think the forums are the place to have that discussion so I attempt to push back on obviously ridiculous buff sorc threads in order to avoid the constant sorc bashing which is common.

OP's suggestion has zero chance of being implemented and serves no real purpose.

@PhoenixGrey

Compared with other class toolkits, sorcs have next to nothing that truly makes them shine. Competent players use bombard or gap closer to render streak meaningless. Shields are gutted. Pets can be easily killed denying all healing.

Sorc burst cannot kill players with a s/b equipped. No class purge means roots and snares are highly effective. The number of dead or useless sorc skills is beyond any class. Even NB
    Edited by iCaliban on January 31, 2020 4:48AM
  • ElvenVeil
    ElvenVeil
    ✭✭✭
    Whenever suggesting skills, naming specific tooltips it should deal aren't very aligned with how skills are set up in the game. Base cost and scaling with spell damage / max magicka would be the right way to debate such things, as a 5500 damage is entirely arbitrary, and does not tell me much of how you imagine the skill to be.

so yeah this is meant as constructive feedback :)
  • Ryanoxx
    Ryanoxx
    ✭✭✭
    This would be absolutely broken as a spammable...

I do not dislike the idea of having a lightning spammable because it fits the sorcerer theme but the spammables sorc has are fine. There are bigger issues right now than things like this.

The should rather make the frag proc stun the enemy. Streak is not a suitable stun for a ranged class. Moreover the twighlight heal needs a nerf. Healing Ward should be buffed a little bit so it makes more sense to run a restro again. We should search for solutions to get rid of the tank meta and not search for new problems. If people had less than 30k health and would run something else than snb the game would already be more fun.
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Hear ye, hear ye.

Being a toxic, running away, pet LOSing, zerg healing, Xv1 class incablable of finishing fights alone against a semi competent opponent is/should be the gold standard for balancing.

I´d laugh if it wasn´t so horrifying that apparently some people (that i´m pretty sure of never actually touched the class outside of above discussed activities) actually think the current state of magsorc is ok - and pretty much everyone should be horrified about this being a role model for other classes. EW.

How many times have i sighed reading trough this forum about magSorcs deleting ppl with their best burst in the game, how sorc is incredibly strong offensively. It's just painful to read sometimes. Sorc tankiest class in BGs, I mean wtf.

Same ppl(same ppl that think magSorc burst is over the top) selectively purge their memory from being disintegrated by, lets say stamWardens in 2 GCDs.
    Subb, Dizzy, MA into Onslaught and then for 3rd GCD 20k Execute. Puff, gone. Never happened. StamPlar deleting ppl. Never happened.

Why do ppl only see when sorc kills them, I'll never understand.