The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Reduce Atronach ultimate cost and uptime?

IAVITNI
IAVITNI
✭✭✭✭✭
Thoughts on this to give magsorc something closer to a decent ultimate?

For example:
Reduce cost to 150 but reduce uptime to 24 seconds.

This would be ~88% of current ultimate cost (170) and slightly less than ~88% of current uptime.

The big change here would be that sorcerer ca. benefit from the initial impact more frequently.

For reference ~45k max and ~2.8k spell damage gives a 10k initial impact tooltip which is far from game breaking. Just makes pet play less passive and more active.

Also. Nerf Matriarch :)

Edit***
above numbers are with adjusted cost due to passives. Just use as an example
Edited by IAVITNI on January 28, 2020 9:47PM
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Greater Storm Attronach is being used and is currently the strongest (is this your definition of decent?) ultimate you have. If he can attack for full duration it vastly outperforms Destro ulti or Shooting Star on single target. Initial impact is negligible and just a bonus.

Edit: Greater Storm Attro outperforms even stamina ultimates and Stamsorcs prefer it on single target fights over Ballista or Dawnbreaker.

Charged Storm Attronach on the other hand is a dead, useless morph. If any change is to be made to Attronach, it should be to Charged Storm Attronach morph only.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on January 28, 2020 8:39PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget the -15% ult cost passive. The base cost needs to make sense, logically, it would be 175(149).

I mean sounds nice and I'm all for making pet sorcs more active, but is it necessary? Probably not, so I don't think there is a big enough reason for them to consider it. One big plus side you forgot to mention is a cheaper cost means more uptime on the major berserk buff and I can get behind that, at least from a stam sorc point of view. We don't provide anything but that buff for raids. That is why I suggested before, that an air atro morph be cheaper with a better synergy to offer it at higher and more efficent uptime.

You're also only talking about greater storm atro here. What about charged atro? You can pass it on over to stam sorcs if you'd like :D

Last thing, this doesn't really have anything to do with the PTS. It's better suited for combat and character mechanics.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they were to reduce the cost of storm atro they would need to make it so that summoning a second dismisses the previous one. Otherwise it would be really bad. Right now with the right set up you can get your ultimate return to be fast enough to have 3 of these things up at the same time.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greater Storm Attronach is being used and is currently the strongest (is this your definition of decent?) ultimate you have. If he can attack for full duration it vastly outperforms Destro ulti or Shooting Star on single target. Initial impact is negligible and just a bonus.

Edit: Greater Storm Attro outperforms even stamina ultimates and Stamsorcs prefer it on single target fights over Ballista or Dawnbreaker.

Charged Storm Attronach on the other hand is a dead, useless morph. If any change is to be made to Attronach, it should be to Charged Storm Attronach morph only.

With this change, outside of cheesing ultimate return, the uptime is the same. So not sure how this would change single target damage.

and as @MashmalloMan said, it would increase berserk uptime.

From a PvP perspective, sorc has no decent ultimates. Game isn't all about PvE and this change was suggested with PvE in mind since there would be no change in uptime.

And before anyone starts, night blades lost minor berserk because of PvE so let's not get into PvE v PvP because both sides have taken hits due to the other.
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need for a change. Atro is strong in bgs and chokepoints. Overload is a strong 1 on 1 ult. Negate is mandatory for cyro
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »
    No need for a change. Atro is strong in bgs and chokepoints. Overload is a strong 1 on 1 ult. Negate is mandatory for cyro

overload is only good as a cheese when you stack so nearly 500 ultimate and just spam it.

Atro is strong yet but sorc kit is missing a lot for PvP. giving the class an ultimate with a cc would help alleviate those gaps without fully covering them. And outside of major berserk uptime, this changes nothing dps wise.
    Edited by IAVITNI on January 28, 2020 11:57PM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The idea is interesting. I would still not use it, personally, as a burst. Impact damage is too low for that. But it would make it more mobile in 1vX. There's definitely potential here.
    (^_^)b
  • Eliahnus
    Eliahnus
    ✭✭✭

I have a StamSorc, I use the Greater Atronach for the major berserk synergy in group play, otherwise I'm not convinced that this ultimate is the best for StamSorc characters.
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my experience, this ultimate is quite widely used in PVP - probably because of the Berserk synergy. Any buff to this ultimate would require toning down the Berserk buff.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If any change had to be done. I vote for more uses per synergy.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wut ? Atro is one, if not the more powerful single target ult. He don't need change..
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why don't we discuss Charged Storm Attronach instead? That is the dead morph that needs change.