Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you have faith in the combat team?

ThePhantomThorn
ThePhantomThorn
✭✭✭✭
Do you think they have what it takes to balance the game, and should they be replaced?
the last year or so is the worst the game has ever been and theyre not listening to any feedback.
pvp is in the most braindead meta of tanks and its getting worse patch by patch

Do you have faith in the combat team? 95 votes

Yes
20%
GilvothElsonsoAhPook_Is_HereAnhedonieRunefangboggomikemaconkarthrag_inakNord_RaseriWoppaBoemIskiabKryserAshfenKMarbleQräheketsparrowhawkealdwinrelentless_turnipMasAmedda 19 votes
No
68%
darthgummibear_ESOcalitrumanb14_ESOwenchmore420b14_ESODracaneixiekillingspreeb16_ESOMalthorneumagonCaffeinatedMayhemRagnaroek93caperonBalticBluesQuebraRegraRescue78Lord-OttoVercingetorixLucky28SirWafflecakesKidgangster101Somewhere 65 votes
Wrobel 4 ever
11%
Xvorgxylenabrandonv516Onefrkncrzypopejcm2606usmguy1234n0she1teRJumpmanLaneThePhantomThornMaskedHumanDragonredux 11 votes
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The introduction of cast times and scale lbreaker showed their distachment from reality imo.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I voted but I suspect that this post will get taken down pretty quickly.
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrobel 4 ever
    The introduction of cast times and scale lbreaker showed their distachment from reality imo.

I don't agree with cast times either. It feels bad. Still haven't gotten used to the nerf. That does usually happen. Remember shield nerf? Felt real bad but the feeling reduced.

What a good analogy could be: Ever been pedalling a bike and the chain slips? That jerking reminds me of cast times. I think that a laggy dawnbreaker will be very hard to see and dodge regardless of caster experience. I think just channel the damage. Delay damage 0.arbitrary seconds to match animation. It's a compromise that people could get over.
    Edited by Onefrkncrzypope on January 28, 2020 3:23PM
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    How can you? They added cast time that no one like and after all the negative feedback what they do?
    Add more cast time to leap and the reworked dk skill.

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    To be fair though, most of my issues are with the game's crappy performance not with the combat balance. I don't feel like I'm doomed against any class in a fight. I don't like a lot of the changes that get made, and some of them hurt my head trying to understand the logic behind them, but I can live with any of those things if the game works well. Right now it doesn't even come close.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes. A lot of people just don't see a bigger picture. On release this game was incoherent mess, lacking any system or consistency. Currently devs are creating a lot of systems. Major/Minor buff system, unified ability formulas, skills costs, skill behaviour. It's just now they have to break the game before they can fix all that. But I think closer to the end of 2020 game will be way better than ever before. They will have to kill champion system as well though. But yeah, I expect the same impact that one tamriel made. We just need to get there first.

If anything, my only complaint would be about class design. New gen classes (warden, necro) lack gameplay-wise and often contradict this game's design of fast, no cooldown combat. Since both follow the same boring 3-1 setup, long winded animations, have delayed effects/cast times/cool downs, limited range, slow moving and very well telegraphed attacks.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I really don't like voting no, but to be honest... :/
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stupid thread but i will entertain it a bit...

I dont have faith even the best team in the world could do noticeably better as every popular game (therefore with arguably competent team) gets plagued by stupid threads like this one. But I also believe more than few could do better job.

Would I have faith in team that listens to feedback in manner often presented here (ie listening to feedback means doing what people tell them)? Hell damn no lol :D I will take year(s) of waiting on them getting their sh** together and produce stable but not dull balanced game or get replaced by someone that can even if that means having cast time on shields or ulti for year of that time until they figure out better solution over any team that caves in and reverts any unpopular change.
    Edited by SodanTok on January 28, 2020 3:30PM
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Do you think they have what it takes to balance the game, and should they be replaced?
    the last year or so is the worst the game has ever been and theyre not listening to any feedback.
    pvp is in the most braindead meta of tanks and its getting worse patch by patch

I think they are striving for balance.
    They have listened to a big enough uproar sometimes... They have communicated regularly.
    They really *** the bed on the first patch, but since they have applied a formula which is unfortunately they only way to achieve balance. As everyone has a different normally biased view on what balance is...

They shouldn't listen to half the bollocks people post on here... I have seen requests to nerf sprint!!!! like what the actual ***!!!

I have played a lot of other MMO's and they are miles better in terms of listening and maintaining communication.
    Performance is all i personally care about at the moment...
    In terms of balance I would do another 3 months of Dragonhold.
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Honestly I don't think it is possible to balance the game while pvp and pve are one the same with combat. Doesn't help when it seems 95% of the people that post about combat are pvp people.

I thought just the patch right before the dot boom was a good place. From there they could have done the tweaks like stonefist, the small warden changes (cliff changes were bad) PUT BACK BOSMER SNEAK!!!!!!!!!!!! etc.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t have a good answer for that. I had high hopes initially. But they torched my goodwill with too many drastic changes in too short a timeframe. Specifically wildly overtuning DoTs and ignoring PTS feedback about it, then a few short months later wildly over-nerfing those same skills to the point of uselessness (seriously, most of those skills are now a net DPS loss over the course of combat when factoring in the cast time and GCD).

But I trust that they now understand that they need to be more moderate with adjustments. Most of us won’t stay through another round of back –to – back build whiplash.
    Edited by Reverb on January 28, 2020 3:35PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wrobel 4 ever
    If they do nothing to balance things for Nightblades this patch, then no.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    But seriously, who would have thought that Wrobel was the good guy?

We have all hated and mocked him, he was our enemy, he hated sustain, he caused Morrowind and... he was a hero. He was the one keeping Wheleer and his spreadsheets at bay! If we had only known... Eric Wrobel was a martyr. He has suffered for our sins.
    RJFeuEW.jpg

• iJuacob
    iJuacob
    ✭✭✭
    No
    How can you when they get so much feedback and listen to none.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes on some things, no on others. There have been lots of unnecessary buffs to things that weren’t broken, especially for the DLC classes. If the game is going P2W model it will die by the end of the year.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrobel 4 ever
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Yes. A lot of people just don't see a bigger picture. On release this game was incoherent mess, lacking any system or consistency. Currently devs are creating a lot of systems. Major/Minor buff system, unified ability formulas, skills costs, skill behaviour. It's just now they have to break the game before they can fix all that. But I think closer to the end of 2020 game will be way better than ever before. They will have to kill champion system as well though. But yeah, I expect the same impact that one tamriel made. We just need to get there first.

If anything, my only complaint would be about class design. New gen classes (warden, necro) lack gameplay-wise and often contradict this game's design of fast, no cooldown combat. Since both follow the same boring 3-1 setup, long winded animations, have delayed effects/cast times/cool downs, limited range, slow moving and very well telegraphed attacks.

The bigger picture is this slowed down playstyle is not fun. Pvp is nothing but stalemated battles now and mediocre game performance at best. I'd give anything to go back to dark brotherhood. As imbalanced as it was, the game was fun to play.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    One the one hand...
    - Heavy Armor Tanks are the meta taking almost no damage...
    - Incredibly strong Vigor makes every StamPlayer a superb Healer...
    - StamPlayers have 3 weapons with a finisher available...

One the other hand...
    - Light Armor Shields have been nerfed into an expensive joke...
    - Sorc DamagePets have been nerfed into oblivion...
    - MagPlayers have 0 weapons with a finisher available...

With such a Stamina preference , I have lost faith in PvP combat balancing completely.
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    iJuacob wrote: »

that is probably the biggest problem and it is insulting to all those that spend time on the pts to test.

What they should be doing is compiling a list of peoples top complaints or issues (not related to obvious bugs) and specifically addressing each issue.

Something like.

Topic
    Off balance

Notable Issues:

Breaks combat flow

Developers comments

Flame lash hindered

Developers comments

Combat Ability changes

Notable Issues:

Necromancer Blastbones magicka morph not receiving benefit of distance bonus due to leap

Developers comments
    Will adjust bonus to be based solely on distance instead of time chasing

And while they are at it, put major sorcery and brutality on skeleton summon - damage sucks the buff makes total sense.

They really really need to make the people that are on the pts feel like their time is of value. Because as of not it seems not many bother with the pts or use it just to look at the new stuff.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... I did, I even made a giant post about balancing and how balancing works in mmos/rts games. However, after a few more patches I just lost trust with them.
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbobx15 wrote: »

I mean they read? Every thread I see by ZOS is copy/paste "We have removed..." Rarely ever see them joining in.

Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Casterial wrote: »
    xbobx15 wrote: »

I mean they read? Every thread I see by ZOS is copy/paste "We have removed..." Rarely ever see them joining in.

that is not zos - developers reading. That is moderation staff which could be people sitting at home and not paid. not sure how it works here
  • Kilcosu
    Kilcosu
    ✭✭✭
    No
    it's unfortunate that an entire community can come together on a subject matter, and unanimously agree that certain classes, abilities, skills are not balanced but the only response we get from the combat team is less than a Facebook message *seen*
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrobel 4 ever
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    well its pretty obvious. 80% of people so far have voted otherwise.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I want to say yes, I want to believe, but I play magicka nightblade which has been completely gutted, nerf after nerf going back to Morrowind, functionality of skills completely changing, the fun of the class has been taken away, hence I don't play as much as I used to, if housing hadn't come along I probably wouldn't be playing at all.
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

As the thread has been non-constructive and contained some baiting/rude commentary, we've decided to close this thread.

Thank you for your understanding
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.