The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What else could they do to remove file size? Something you can do to remove at least 20gbs on live.

Thevampirenight
Thevampirenight
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I know that language voice overs take up a lot of space. Maybe removing the langauges you don't use this is something you can do yourself and sometime I personally did a while back game does not try to redownload them so if you have those in your file delete them. I removed the french and german voice overs and that at least would cut out 20 gbs since english voice over file alone is 10 something Gbs live. If you have those in your game file so go there and destroy those right now if you have them and it reduced the size of the game for live version. You do not need them and if you don't use english version you could delete that too since its not needed. But keep the language you use of course. Go to Elder scrolls online folder you see something like Vo-En Vo-Gn or Vo-Fr delete two of those files for the language your not using might have to have steam closed to do it. Then your good to go and game won't try to make you download it again.

But otherwise what else can they do to reduce file size which files are not needed at all they can look into that they haven't removed?
As I do think there is more they can do to reduce the overhaul file size. The more they reduce the better off the game would be. So please let them know so we can get a smaller game update.

Edit Seems like todays patch has in fact reduced the voice file size. Down to 7.84 so that is good. For the English file at least. Don't know on the other languages. Since I don't have them. But its good to see that file size is going down. But there is more they can do with other aspects of the game I'm sure. So please tell them down below what they can do.
Edited by Thevampirenight on January 28, 2020 1:24AM
PC NA
Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I went into the file folder and thought the same thing. Why do I need other languages I can't understand.

If I delete what I don't need.. will the patcher redownload it anytime I update?
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I went into the file folder and thought the same thing. Why do I need other languages I can't understand.

If I delete what I don't need.. will the patcher redownload it anytime I update?

No it won't, maybe if you switch the language selection they might be reinstalled. Otherwise they are not redownloaded. You can play without them being there.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on January 28, 2020 1:25AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.