The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Molag Kena

llBlack_Heartll
llBlack_Heartll
✭✭✭✭
After watching TheAsianGod’s video on Molag Kena changes, and how it’s still not going to preform close to what Zann can put out.

I’d like to propose a better change for the set -

1. Crit Bonus Spell & Weapon (833)

2. Dealing Critical Damage with a Light or Heavy Attack grants you over kill for 6 seconds, Increasing your Spell and Weapon Damage by X.

This can occur every X seconds, also increases your cost by X Amount.

What do you guys think?
Edited by llBlack_Heartll on January 27, 2020 3:55AM
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah its kinda made for pvp
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it will already be great for PvP. It does not need to compete with Zaan. Making Kena BiS means nothing except Breton will remain competitive for magicka DPS. Zaan exists to give magicka a reason to go melee. In ranged trial like vAS+2, Zaan is useless.
  • llBlack_Heartll
    llBlack_Heartll
    ✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    No, it will already be great for PvP. It does not need to compete with Zaan. Making Kena BiS means nothing except Breton will remain competitive for magicka DPS. Zaan exists to give magicka a reason to go melee. In ranged trial like vAS+2, Zaan is useless.

Most of my Characters are Mag DPS, all are close range, I either run Zann, Grothdar or Ice Heart.
    If I’m forced to play range, I just slot Skoria.
    I’m not saying make it BIS but competitive.

• Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most of my Characters are Mag DPS, all are close range, I either run Zann, Grothdar or Ice Heart.

Its pretty great for burst. Definitely gonna be on alot of pvp builds yet still be pretty good for pve too.
  • Chibs
    Chibs
    ✭✭✭✭
    I miss the old Molag Kena, where two light attacks no matter what proc’d it (even if you casted an ability in between those light attacks). I wouldn’t mind going back to the old proc condition at all.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After watching TheAsianGod’s video on Molag Kena changes, and how it’s still not going to preform close to what Zann can put out.

2. Dealing Critical Damage with a Light or Heavy Attack grants you over kill for 6 seconds, Increasing your Spell and Weapon Damage by X.

What do you guys think?

The downside is that the effect wont be controllable anymore, this is mainly a disadvantage for the cost increase. The upside is that the effect will probably have a high uptime so you get a massive weapon/spell dmg buff for a 2-piece set.

I dont like the current requirement of Molag Kena because its not natural to light attack twice in a row. I used this set on my sorc with overload years ago, when the destro ult was introduced I tried to make it work (just to the buff ult and execute) but it wasnt worth it.

For stam builds I do wonder if Molag Kena with your proposed chance would work with a set like Vicious Serpent to balance out the cost increase.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • llBlack_Heartll
    llBlack_Heartll
    ✭✭✭✭

What do you guys think?

The downside is that the effect wont be controllable anymore, this is mainly a disadvantage for the cost increase. The upside is that the effect will probably have a high uptime so you get a massive weapon/spell dmg buff for a 2-piece set.

I dont like the current requirement of Molag Kena because its not natural to light attack twice in a row. I used this set on my sorc with overload years ago, when the destro ult was introduced I tried to make it work (just to the buff ult and execute) but it wasnt worth it.

For stam builds I do wonder if Molag Kena with your proposed chance would work with a set like Vicious Serpent to balance out the cost increase.

Obviously it would need to be balanced, where it isn’t crazy over powered, the spell/weapon damage and uptime would need to be balanced.
    But would be really good fun to have another Monster Set to think about using.

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you guys think?

No thanks. Prefer the current change to that.

It would be good to reset to old proc condition though..

And give us 1000 ultimate back.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • llBlack_Heartll
    llBlack_Heartll
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

What do you guys think?

Can’t even get 1000 ultimate dummy

• kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the change made to this set. 20% was too much, now it is worth using it.

If you make it BiS, we won't need the other sets
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you guys think?

....That's the point, but we used to. And with it this set was epic.

Fact check before you insult someone.... The fact that you didn't know that means you are missing a key use for this set lol
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • llBlack_Heartll
    llBlack_Heartll
    ✭✭✭✭

What do you guys think?

Fact check before you insult someone.... The fact that you didn't know that means you are missing a key use for this set lol

Reallly..... I didn’t know you were being sarcastic 🙃
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats an interesting change to make, most crafted DPS sets have both stamina and magicka, I don't see why this should be exclusive to magicka.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set will be very good on WW for PVE as well. Aegis Caller + Blood drinker + Kena , On a WW, is a very easy to use build that can probably produce over 50k dps even by a novice doing dungeon with Pugs.
  • Kadoozy
    Kadoozy
    ✭✭✭✭

What do you guys think?

If only they went back to that. Issue would be balorgh. Though they could just cut the bonus down to regular ultimate cost instead of double the value. Would still be a significant nerf to that set though
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring back the old weave-friendly Molag Kena, there's no other way to work around this set to be useful again.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoozy wrote: »

What do you guys think?

If only they went back to that. Issue would be balorgh. Though they could just cut the bonus down to regular ultimate cost instead of double the value. Would still be a significant nerf to that set though

Agreed. I lament the days you could unload 1000 and have full Magika back too. Had a 81k crit on vDSA buffed once.

That was pre the 50% nerf to power tho

I'll be using Kena for sure if it drops with 8%, will cost me on resistances I'll have to switch we jewellery traits or something but I'm gunna try to make it work.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you guys think?

Reallly..... I didn’t know you were being sarcastic 🙃

I wasn't
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭

for range you'd get better results slotting 2 crit pieces [1 slimecraw and 1 iceheart for example], or using the upcoming kjalnar's nightmare monster set from the new dungeon.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This set will be very good on WW for PVE as well. Aegis Caller + Blood drinker + Kena , On a WW, is a very easy to use build that can probably produce over 50k dps even by a novice doing dungeon with Pugs.

The changes to Kena barely improved werewolf pve dps. Aegis caller is good for mob fights and but don't bother messing with blood drinker. I'm guessing that set-up would only get you 45k dps.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I use it as is.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »

The changes to Kena barely improved werewolf pve dps. Aegis caller is good for mob fights and but don't bother messing with blood drinker. I'm guessing that set-up would only get you 45k dps.

:(
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like this change.
    I am however torn, whether I prefer the old weaving proc condition or the current one. I tend to lean towards the current one; for pvp.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.