The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Turn Undead NEED TO GO

• Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AOE, STUN AND UNBLOCKABLE. SHOLD NEVER BE IN THE SAME Skill

Damage, stun and aoe. Should also never be in one skill.

Gap closer, stun and damage. Should never be in the same skill.

It's just common sense

So you suggest to nerf streak? :trollface:
    Cause it qualifies to all 3 combinations.

> This
  • Sneakers
    Sneakers
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people complain about stuns? I mean you can break of it easily, and you can't get cc'ed for a few seconds after. Now if you can get chained stunned. I would agree.

Ppl woe the de syncing animation CC that locks ur char into a rolling animation. That together with latency, de sync, gcd and server tick rates makes for situations were u get stunned -> server puts ur inputs on a waiting queue before they even start registrering andt wo seconds later you loose all ur stam and die.

Feels bad and ppl whine about it. Also they started nerfing skills that had the component while leaving others untouched which will create a cry out for more nerfs to get rid of abuse.

Thats why :)
    Remove stam dizzy -> turn evil steps up.
    Remove scatter shot -> Bombard spam
    Remove vamp drain -> flame reach

Etc
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Skill is fine lag sucks moving on no offense to op

If it’s fine, then why not make a magicka morph?

It does not really work that way. With that logic we would kill off most of the skills in the game. If Poison Injection is fine why not make a magicka morph. Sounds sort of messed up when perspective is added.

The question was not for Poison Injection, it was for Turn Evil alone. Answer, please.

Obviously but my guess is you did not read the entire post because what you replied with makes no sense. Go back and read it again and you will find someone was suggesting a magicka morph of the skill so I put that into a context showing that made no sense. Answer please? lol, wut?
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It does not really work that way. With that logic we would kill off most of the skills in the game. If Poison Injection is fine why not make a magicka morph. Sounds sort of messed up when perspective is added.

The question was not for Poison Injection, it was for Turn Evil alone. Answer, please.

Obviously but my guess is you did not read the entire post because what you replied with makes no sense. Go back and read it again and you will find someone was suggesting a magicka morph of the skill so I put that into a context showing that made no sense. Answer please? lol, wut?

Again, no one is talking about Poison Injection, a DoT/execute hybrid here. If people ask for a magicka morph of that, then you can complain.
    The question at hand is why magicka gets its universal CCs nerfed, while stamina gets an AoE unblockable, undodgable CC for everyone with no conditions. It's not just a mere utility or convenience, it's a massive difference in how you can deliver a burst. And yes, balancing scales means you have to put equal stuff in both bowls.
    Take your own advice and read carefully before talking to me again with your "lolwut"-language.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Again, no one is talking about Poison Injection, a DoT/execute hybrid here. If people ask for a magicka morph of that, then you can complain.

And I was pointing out how asking for a magicka morph of turn undead was a little absurd. Beyond that I really do not care that you do not like or understand how I approached it as you are not the boss of me or this thread.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

And I was pointing out how asking for a magicka morph of turn undead was a little absurd. Beyond that I really do not care that you do not like or understand how I approached it as you are not the boss of me or this thread.

No. I'm not moderating this thread. But I won the discussion.
    Oh, you think it's absurd to ask for equality because the game could get homogenized if everything got a magicka morph? Fine.
    I'll give you my Endless Fury execute. Magicka DKs don't even have an execute. Let it be stam exclusive. In return, only magicka chars should have heals. So kiss Vigor goodbye. Next, CCs. You break them with stamina. So I propose skills which apply CCs should be magicka-based only. Oh yeah, take that, homogenization! What about range? How about stamina is only melee, magicka only ranged? Do you see where this is going? Clearly, someone drew a line somewhere. Both specs have something the other spec has, because that's how balance works.
    So, your argument "nah, can't haz magicka morph because MuH IDenTiTy!" is wrong from the get go. It's a weak argument, it's a decoy, it's a desperate attempt to sweep CC imbalances under the rug while hiding you have no actual argument. I gave you the chance to prove your point by asking you specifically for a fitting argumentation, but you're trying to weasel your way out. It doesn't work. I exposed you for not having a good point. End of it.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. I'm not moderating this thread.

Umm, yes you are. You specifically told me I cannot use different skill as an example in my contribution to this thread and that is an attempt to moderate.

Since you seem bent on trying to start an argument with me vs actually talking to the subject of this thread as I did then I am going to step away from this tangent as I really do not care that you do not like my comparison and do not wish to contribute to derailing this thread further.

Enjoy the game and have a good day.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Umm, yes you are. You specifically told me I cannot use different skill as an example in my contribution to this thread and that is an attempt to moderate.

Since you seem bent on trying to start an argument with me vs actually talking to the subject of this thread as I did then I am going to step away from this tangent as I really do not care that you do not like my comparison and do not wish to contribute to derailing this thread further.

It is fitting how out of my long wall of text, you took the only sentence not directly addressing the topic. It is clear you're at a dead end with your argument. I very specifically explained to you why your point is WRONG. If you take that as a moderation attempt, you're not reading carefully enough. So unless you can invalidate my argument, which I doubt, I won and my point stands that having an unavoidable AoE stun available to all stam characters versus magicka characters having their CCs continuously nerfed is a clear imbalance.
  • Squidgaurd
    Squidgaurd
    ✭✭✭
    just take the L man stop blaming a skill for losing.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I very specifically explained to you why your point is WRONG.

I have yet to see any comment that provided a correct explanation that my original comment in this thread was wrong.

I replied to a post suggesting that if the skill is fine then a magicka morph should be created. I used an appropriate comparison of another stam skill that works fine but just because it is fine is not a reason for a magicka morph to be provided.

I respect you have an opinion that does not agree with that comment or thinks it is inappropriate for this thread but that is merely your opinion just as my comment is my opinion. You have not explained my point is wrong, only that you disagree and that is all you can do, nothing more no matter how much you insist otherwise.
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭

It's just common sense

Yes nerf all UNBLOCKABLE aoe. UNBLOCKABLE and aoe shouldn't exist ever.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's just common sense

Yes nerf all UNBLOCKABLE aoe. UNBLOCKABLE and aoe shouldn't exist ever.

I think streak is like class defining ability and any nerf to it will make class meh. I fought ton of magsorcs as of late, and build with BoL were notably weaker then builds with streak. That unblockable stun+re-position is really amazing against full melee builds. So I don't think it should be nerfed in any way.
  • Squidgaurd
    Squidgaurd
    ✭✭✭
    give us like a magika turn undead.
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my time slot this skill is spammed, in both battlegrounds ( every member of many premades carrying this) and CP Cyro--I play DC so maybe if you play EP or AD you don't see it as much--since DC in my time slot don't think about aoe cc skills a lot lol. But I have had groups of 4 or 5 players chase me down and spam this night after night....even mag sorcs spam this.

NOW the problem isn't really with the skill, its server performance, its the fact that it often is desynced--and many Necros also use Fear Totem along with this which also has some issues with cc immunity and how it works. If you are in a bigger battle, you might not even see this or fear totem on the ground--you CC break, but because of desync you have no cc immunity and have to immediately cc break again--then your pot is up and you get 10 secs immunity--if that registers correctly, and start the whole cycle again.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I very specifically explained to you why your point is WRONG.

I have yet to see any comment that provided a correct explanation that my original comment in this thread was wrong.

I replied to a post suggesting that if the skill is fine then a magicka morph should be created. I used an appropriate comparison of another stam skill that works fine but just because it is fine is not a reason for a magicka morph to be provided.

I respect you have an opinion that does not agree with that comment or thinks it is inappropriate for this thread but that is merely your opinion just as my comment is my opinion. You have not explained my point is wrong, only that you disagree and that is all you can do, nothing more no matter how much you insist otherwise.

Hahhh... Alright, I'll make a last attempt to make it clear for you.
    Turn Undead is a CC. Poison Injection is NOT. You are comparing apples and walnuts. This was never a general comparison between stamina and magicka morphs across all skills. It was only about non-class CCs. THAT is where you were wrong. THAT is why I asked you for more feedback, but you just keep ignoring that.
    Look at magicka CCs: Fossilize - nerfed. Fear - fixed. Rune Cage - obliterated. Drain - to be obliterated. Clench - highly nerfed and has always been super easily avoidable. Streak - useless on console.
    And stamina just gets a Fear for EVERYONE. There's the imbalance.
    So, to make up for that and Turn Undead is supposedly fine, why not make a similar skill or morph for magicka? Not anything else, we're talking just the CC here. THAT's the question you've been asked. But you know, forget it. I don't care about your response anymore.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With off balance not being a reliable way to consistently stun players next patch (due to the added cooldown on off balance on players) turn evil becomes the only reliable stun for many stamina classes that doesn't have access to a good class stun (stamcro, stamsorc, stamden and stamdk to a certain degree since fossilize is too expensive for a stamdk to spam on cooldown)

It's an expensive stun with a fairly small radius and as a user of the skill you more or less need to stand right on top of the target(s) for it to it. The skill is fine.
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭

I’ll take a magicka poison inject too! Let’s break down the available NON-SKILL LINE STUNS next patch:

Stamina: dizzying swing, turn evil, and scatter shot. (Bow also gets a stun when you attack from stealth)

Magicka: flame reach, vamp drain(after 3 seconds of channeling)

See the difference? 3 instant hard CC’s compared to a “knock back” soft CC and a channeled one that has a delayed stun. So when people ask for a magicka morph of “turn evil”, Imo I feel it’s warranted and the logic behind the ask is warranted too...

All classes can stun from stealth, and all atacks from crouch stealth stun... Even a destro light stack lol.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a Aoe stun on a spammable Templar’s got their shard stun gone this needs a look at max stun 1 person or removed
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do people complain about stuns? I mean you can break of it easily, and you can't get cc'ed for a few seconds after. Now if you can get chained stunned. I would agree.

Necro ultimate then this with open world lag
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll take a magicka poison inject too! Let’s break down the available NON-SKILL LINE STUNS next patch:

Stamina: dizzying swing, turn evil, and scatter shot. (Bow also gets a stun when you attack from stealth)

Magicka: flame reach, vamp drain(after 3 seconds of channeling)

See the difference? 3 instant hard CC’s compared to a “knock back” soft CC and a channeled one that has a delayed stun. So when people ask for a magicka morph of “turn evil”, Imo I feel it’s warranted and the logic behind the ask is warranted too...

Because most classes already have a magicka based stun available to them in their class kit.....therefore they added some stamina based ones.

Even if they made a magicka version of turn evil i wouldn't slot it. My magsorc and magDK already have superior stuns.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Tarrocan
    Tarrocan
    ✭✭✭✭
    with this performance right now this fear from turn evel really need to go PLS! JUST A JOKE SKILL, COMPLETE OVERTURNED WITH NO COOLDOWN.
    AD MagDK 'General Degree <-Main
    AD MagDK 'Kiana
    AD MagDK Kiana The Fire Mage
    AD MagDK General Degree
    AD MagDK 'Tarrocan
    AD StamDK Tarrocan
    AD MagNB GrimKiller
    AD MagCro Som Ting Wong
    AD StamCro 'Som Ting Wong
    AD MagPlar Della Grant
    AD StamPlar R I M M A
    AD MagSorc Nautilus
    AD StamSorc R O M M I
    AD StamNB Iba
    AD MagDen Desi Roots
    AD StamDen Diablo
  • Tarrocan
    Tarrocan
    ✭✭✭✭
    pvp is not fun anymore with this TOP Performance i dont understand why u all playing on a time where u cant using skills or use light/ haevy attacks. Breakfree is just like lotto with no luck and after a jackbot u get stunt immediately, yeah thats so fun
    AD MagDK 'General Degree <-Main
    AD MagDK 'Kiana
    AD MagDK Kiana The Fire Mage
    AD MagDK General Degree
    AD MagDK 'Tarrocan
    AD StamDK Tarrocan
    AD MagNB GrimKiller
    AD MagCro Som Ting Wong
    AD StamCro 'Som Ting Wong
    AD MagPlar Della Grant
    AD StamPlar R I M M A
    AD MagSorc Nautilus