The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP Throwback Thread

Rylana
Rylana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Sorc and DK bats for days on Alessia Bridge

Figuring out how to get inside of scroll gates and yank scrolls when the gate was closed to cause mass chaos

Ground Oil

No horse or slow horse, there was no such thing as a fast horse, even for beta testers/early release with the "speed" mounts

AP farms with scrolls inside of houses/the church

50v50v50 at a keep with minimal lag

The unending battle of Fort Ash at the milegate for the final emperor keep to dethrone the EP emperor, NA server, Dawnbreaker, nearly 40 hours of straight constant death and mayhem. The tide turned when DC finally showed up at the battle instead of banging their heads on Chalman trying to prevent EP from backcapping from AD who held it. The greatest memory I have, when DC arrived like the cavalry and wiped out the EP line at the milegate. EP broke less than an hour later. Greatest PvP battle I have ever been a part of.

Trying to get into imperial city before it actually was added to the game

Chilling at lorebook/skyshard locations with nightblades and ganking noobs for cheap thrills (was a lot of fun before anyone was vet level)

Holding block and being completely indestructible in heavy armor vs 20+ people, and with the right gear, able to kill most of them before youd die, if you did at all.

Dragonleaping into keeps, flipping outposts and keeps without flagging them with siege

Who remembers? Pepperidge Rylana remembers.

@rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50/50 sieges.
    Troll repairs
    Blinding flashes
    Tom Hanks
    BOL without LOS
    Inferno touch with knockback

And ground oils
    Ray
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember last week when I beat this one dude. It was pretty cool.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Clouding Swarm
    Siphoning Attacks
    Deer
    Dynamic Ult Gen
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Kr3do
    Kr3do
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tower doors
    Clouding Swarm
    Goblin Disguise
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Farming idiots that tried to come through the door in resource towers was so much fun.
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purge causing Wall of Elements to wipe entire zergs
    Ground oils
    Dynamic ulti gen
    Defiles
    Bleeds
    DoTs
    Master DW
    Axes in PvP
    Disorients
    Old Alessia Bridge
    Old Eruption
    Old Incap
    Old Wrecking Blow
    Old DK banner
    Old Corrosive Armor
    Offensive SnB
    Heavy attacks for damage, not resource return
    Light attacks for draining permablocker Stam, not damage
    Viper Tremor meta
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dying from fall damage after being hit by flame reach on a completely flat surface.
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actual PvP mid field.
  • Heresyall
    Heresyall
    ✭✭✭✭
    -Heresya EP MagNB/AR 50
    -Hȩresya EP MagNB/AR 50
    -Lonely Player EP MagNB/AR 50
    -The Godblade DC MagNB/ AR 50
    -Useless Class EP MagNB/AR 50
    -Crippled Class AD MagNB/AR 50
    -The Serpent EP MagNB/ AR 50
    -Harrowing Reaper EP MagNB / AR 50
    -Lord Herrington EP MagDK/AR 47
    -Mind Terror EP MagNecro/AR 35
    [center
    -Soul Siphoner EP MagNB/AR 38
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0x3UIMj.jpg
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • sParkSnare
    sParkSnare
    ✭✭✭
    DK chains pulling enemies off keep walls. The best PvP skill ever... :)
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deer
    Sieging outer and inner at the same time
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mercenary NPCs you could buy and place like siege, and the sorc NPCs becoming unkillable.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really miss ground oils

- Former Emperor buffs
    - Still hearing bats after the game crashed
    - Columba “impulse monkey” rants
    - Buff servers and their drama
    - Huge range on talons
    - Warlock+Seducer = bIs
    - PvP section of the forum being lively every day with dozens of familiar names
    - High pop caps giving us a dynamic map with battles on multiple fronts and many active guilds on each faction
    - Huge ballista footprint
    - Blinding Flashes
    - softcaps
    - Resources requiring strategy and being almost impossible to solo
    - Coveting the “speed horse”
    - When No Mercy picked a mandatory color scheme and became a white and blue murder machine
    - Open field fights with ground oils
    - Alesia Bridge...with ground oils
    - Countering ball groups with...ground oils
    -
    Edited by Reverb on January 25, 2020 3:11PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was at Sejanus the other day and jokingly put an oil in front of the door where a ram normally goes. Someone in chat said "lmao, imagine if that thing actually worked". Oh if you only knew you sweet sweet innocent soul...if you only knew...
    adirondack wrote: »
    Tom Hanks
    Watch his movies.

Edited by vortexman11 on January 25, 2020 4:00PM
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was at Sejanus the other day and jokingly put an oil in front of the door where a ram normally goes. Someone in chat said "lmao, imagine if that thing actually worked". Oh if you only knew you sweet sweet innocent soul...if you only knew...
    adirondack wrote: »
    Tom Hanks
    Watch his movies.

For a long time when I thought of ground oils I thought of @vortexman11. You were well known for oiling DC. And also for your unwavering belief that someday Heavy Armor would be viable in pvp. You had no idea...none of us did.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Camo Hunter ganking
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reflecting meteors. Double reflects.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pop locks > 120 or whatever it is now

Classes with actual skills that impacted gameplay rathet than generic buffs or percentage modifiers

Multiple decent guilds to actually fight

Even fights that ended with a winner rather than drawn out stalemates

Fights on third floor of milegates

Multiple pop locked campaigns

EP oils being cheaper

PvEers getting triggered when they lost "their" buffs.

One common ruleset that we all fought by
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was so funny how everyone either had a white imperial horse with slow speed or running everywhere in the first months of the game. So many questions also the legendary one "How I leave Cyrodiil???!"

Angry Joes captured some of the excitement of the launch pvp.

[vid="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DV9TwsosyI"]https://youtube.com/watch?v=-DV9TwsosyI[/vid]
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those early videos from Beta, Early Release, and the first couple weeks after launch are some of the greatest MMO memories I have of this game.

Literal armies crossing the battlefield before that bot control fix that created the initial lag that put a chokehold on Cyrodiil in general

The game never recovered after 1.1, but my god were those the days
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Synozeer wrote: »
    Mercenary NPCs you could buy and place like siege, and the sorc NPCs becoming unkillable.

Hey we still have seemingly unkillable sorcs, they just aren't NPC's anymore.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Synozeer wrote: »

I think those are still in the game and bugged btw... all they did was make it so you can't buy them any more.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Lamiai
    Lamiai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bridge fights
    Patch 1-1.5
    Ground oils
    Bat Swarming DKs
    Dueling guilds before they turned fully toxic
    Small groups beating full zergs
    R.I.P patch 1.5 ~ Never Forget.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    source.gif
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    24 hour farms at Arrius farm with Hijinx, screaming whenever permaemp DK Naw Sunrest drooped in.

Tysm running multiple raids all stacking triple-cast barriers of different morphs.

Eternal flag battles.

Impulse going through.... literally everything.

Zengeif losing a duel as DK emp to Sypher.

Emp trading on Chillrend.

“Skelly group at bleakers again”

Agrippa defending scrolls at 4 in the morning, screaming at the top of his lungs.

The days when EP only lost, forever.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember not having a horse running around on my low level character because I went straight into pvp at level 10 😭 and like a month or two later I was crowned emp.

Also remember when people would try to siege a keep then suddenly die to cold fire that they couldn’t see.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolf... I miss being able to run a PVP ww, and it actually meant something. The knockdown from the howl, actually doing DAMAGE as a ww, when Claws of Life actually healed, when you had the tools and sets to actually survive 1vX as a werewolf.

When there was weapon damage building up from taking damage in heavy armor, just paired heavy Shacklebreaker with Hulking Draugr and Bloodspawn - and you were by no means "unkillable", but you could make a difference as a ww, before it became a Cyrodiil RPG niche.

And wow, running like 5-10 werewolves in a group, or inside a 24 man group. My my, those were the days! Such good fun. Game is becoming less and less diverse all the time. I'm back for Midyear Mayhem, and I still enjoy it for "old memories sake", but it just isn't the same. Hardly anything that used to work does it anymore. I haven't/can't keep up with all changes, so I'm unable to be what I once was.
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Filling soul gems by "killing" dummies at pvp siege training ground.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Necrotic orb multi explosion
    Invis bats
    Springs and immovable spam
    Barrier and negate rotations
    Dawnbreaker blinding you
    Banner forests in lag
    Server crashes resetting scrolls
    Bravil exploration& scroll farms
    True Bridge wars
    Camps behind enemy gates & scroll fun.
    fun combat pre 1.6
    NB ambush into keeps & group shade use.
    Meteor stairs fall dmg bug.
    Wall of elements purge bugs.
    Crippling server lag and fps issues after 1.2
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on January 27, 2020 12:34PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)