Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Necromancer feel gimmicky?

Rampeal
Rampeal
✭✭✭✭✭
Been playing the Necromancer since launch and it feels very gimmicky and not at all practical. The whole having to rely on corpse mechanic seems like one huge flaw that really can't be fixed.

Seems like Necromancer should be king of DoT, but only viable dots are not in the necromancer skill lines. ESO is trying to push for "Class Identity" but it seems like with this class you can't really rely on most of your skills.

I just think it needs a rework from the ground up, but they will never do that. It may just be me.

Necromancer feel gimmicky? 20 votes

Yes Gimmicky
55%
fastolfv_ESOchuck-18_ESOrager82b14_ESORampealVinterdvaladuendologyKaartinenNoxavianGrey17MizoreReyesLoneStar2911 11 votes
No not at all
45%
purple-magicb16_ESOdaemoniosCeeJonesyThe_Old_GoatSshadowSscaleHoolieluluPerashimParadisiusSable751 9 votes
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    No not at all
    I think it just needs some fixes and a couple of their skills need to be evaluated (For example; Blastbones). The Necromancer's kit gives you plenty of ways to generate corpses to keep your damage up.

Despair for the Living...
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t get it.

My healing necro is just a Templar without shards.

My stam necro is a fricking mystery to me. I honestly don’t get how to maximize “strategic” corpse play.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/480009/necros-do-you-strategically-plan-out-your-corpses
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes Gimmicky
    mag necro is as bad as the mag warden sadly little thought and even fewer changes to fix it
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not at all
    While I made a Necro DD, I play my Necro tank much more often. It feels pretty satisfying and different enough to the typical DK tank to be quite fun. I don't really use the skills that rely on corpses, but even for DD you should be able to build around them if you don't like how they work.
  • Paradisius
    Paradisius
    ✭✭✭✭
    No not at all
    Its not too bad overall, most of your core skills as a Necro DD (Blast Bones, Skeletal Mage/Archer) will generate all the corpses you need