The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Necros, do you strategically plan out your corpses?

max_only
max_only
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I was going to add one more option before the poll went through but eh.

If the answer is “I would but some other reason (lag, visibility, etc) just choose the last point.
Edited by max_only on June 15, 2019 7:30PM
#FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
#OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
|| CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom

Necros, do you strategically plan out your corpses? 100 votes

Yes.
25%
AlchemicalBigBraggdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOCoggagesrfrogg23ChefZeroKayrneXarcRaddlemanNumber7UppGRAYxDDElwendryllWildberryjackveloSylraptorLeHarrt91NemisisNaxus911ThragoldMoonsorrowSiohwenoehtBoraxFluxGrianasteri 25 votes
No.
34%
vailjohn_ESOmilesrodneymcneely2_ESOLightspeedflashb14_ESOmikeabboudb14_ESOxMovingTargetAlienSlofdavid_m_18b16_ESOphaneub17_ESOBroddalookstwiceLylithBouldercleaveVDoom1VercingetorixbrtomkinTyrion87mdylan2013NinchiTVlardvaderRunefang 34 votes
I would but they despawn too fast
41%
darthgummibear_ESOCaligamy_ESOSporvanmann9753b16_ESOSaroussestatic_rechargeGlurinArwyrUvirythfeyiistabbykittehEdziuOneForSorrowEnemy-of-ColdharbourAnhedonieMathius_MordredKrileonPaganiniCompletelyToastSnowZenia 41 votes
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Save
    One thing I find, is that they wanted us to be strategic with our corpses but the corpses don’t last long enough for me to get combos off. I’m talking about the corpses the necro skills generate. In pve, lootable corpses last, but I don’t need to do a strategic combo on a group of trash. I need to do the combo on the lone boss, and there are rarely any corpses to combo when fighting a boss. Adds from bosses don’t usually have loot so their corpse disappears immediately.

When fighting trash - fight ends too fast, no need to use a corpse combo
    When fighting boss - corpses (from adds and from skills) disappear too fast to get a combo off
    When fighting in pvp - strategic corpses are not useable at the speed of pvp and are ignored for either direct damage or direct healing. There are very very very few traps you can set up strategically and successfully in pvp.
    Edited by max_only on June 14, 2019 6:22AM
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    When you recast mender / archer there is always a corpse. I find its cost negligible.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Been testing out PvP support, Intensive Mender give you a corpse every 8 seconds, and Summoner's Armor every 17 seconds. I find that is frequent enough to be strategic on all but the most mobile of fights. I do have whatever I want to use the corpse for ready to go just ahead of it falling off. Class plays a bit more in a predictive fashion, as opposed to like Templar that can be very reactive.
    Edited by BigBragg on June 14, 2019 6:42AM
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Yes i do.

It is clear my necros are more efficient with more corpses so i make sure i am efficient on having them available at right times for the increased effects on skills.

I know i am maybe on minority when saying this, but i like the tether skills too. A bit of finetuning to them and will be superhappy. A bit of "advanced" level to do the corpseplay properly, but rewarding when it starts to go smooth.
  • Ildun
    Ildun
    ✭✭✭✭
    When there are a lot of corpses, usually the battle is almost over. If not, the corpse disappear too fast to use at right moment.
  • HorrorShow
    HorrorShow
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Only use them as fuel for the ultimate. No strategy required.
    "Never go in, miss. Never say a prayer at its door. If you are angry, do not seek revenge by the Laughing Maiden Stone, or at the threshold of the Tombs. There be those who listen for oaths and vows...What may be said in innocence and ire becomes flesh and blood in such places."
    -Old Marsh
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I strategically cant do anything because of poor server performance.
  • veloSylraptor
    veloSylraptor
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Would be nice if they lasted a few seconds longer though.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    max_only wrote: »
    I was going to add one more option before the poll went through but eh.

If the answer is “I would but some other reason (lag, visibility etc) just choose the last point.

Absolutely, if you are not creating corpses as part of your rotation, I think you may not be getting the most out of the class or skills.

As an example... Blastbones (to create a guaranteed corpse), LA, Bone Armour, LA, Wall of elements/endless hail, LA, Boneyard - buffed by corpse.

If the corpse is created earlier, you can drop Boneyard earlier, if one wishes or if the situation calls for it. I have found working the creation of corpses into my rotation fairly straight forward after experimentation and practice.

Bone Armour, Spirit mender, Skeletal Mage all also create corpses and a recast half way through the duration will create that corpse, no need to wait till the end of the duration, should one require a corpse asap.
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They despawn way too fast.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.

Bone Armour, Spirit mender, Skeletal Mage all also create corpses and a recast half way through the duration will create that corpse, no need to wait till the end of the duration, should one require a corpse asap.

This.

Intensive Mender is nice way to create corpses fast since it has the short duration so after a little getting used to it can make it smooth. Fresh corpse every 4 seconds can be handy when needs one. At pvp it can feel hectic at first, but after a bit it becomes so automatic that no need to try monitor for corpses, you just know they are there and use them fast.

Find your inner Night King.

And if you see any tiny nightblades doing ambush & Incap combo on you, dodge it. They might have a dagger with 1 shot power.

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get plenty if corpses and only think I run 1 ability that needs it. Can recast a corpse as needed. Not sure if that's planning to have ample corpse available or just winging it with not enough corpse reliant abilities that benefit my stamcro to worry.
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Nope. I could, I just don't think about it. Probably something one should do in trials or veteran dungeons.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel this turned out to be a gimmick.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Stalking Bones is fantastic corpse fodder for Mystic Siphon, (dealing dmg to the enemy and restoring some magica) or Unnerving boneyard (20% damage) at the location of the enemy. Or in case of Mystic Siphon also in between you and the corpse.

• lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Not yet but I have just maxed my both dps and barely done any endgame. Mostly played the healer and enjoyed it immensely.
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you recast mender / archer there is always a corpse. I find its cost negligible.

Do you do this in pvp as well?
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    My necro is unfortunately all but unplayable. I'm having MASSIVE bug issues at the moment and have shelved him until they fix it.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My necro is unfortunately all but unplayable. I'm having MASSIVE bug issues at the moment and have shelved him until they fix it.

Mag or stam?
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No.

Mag or stam?

Stam. It seems to have something to do with the Colossus Ultimate. I have swapped out ultiimates and was able to play unglitched last night for a couple of hours.

If I can track it down further I'll let everyone (including ZoS) my findings.

Edited by Bouldercleave on June 15, 2019 8:03PM
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    blastbones to siphon...too easy
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel this turned out to be a gimmick.

I was feeling that but I wasn’t sure, it could just be me.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need a corpse tutorial or something.

Blast bones need to run faster and his corpse needs to last longer and he needs a greater range.

I tried blastbones into graveyard and I run faster than him, if I want to do the combo I have to wait on him to get there first which puts a pause in fighting I don’t like at all..
    Edited by max_only on June 18, 2019 3:12AM
  • mikeabboudb14_ESO
    mikeabboudb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    i am kind of bleh on the corpse mechanic id rather be able to create a horde of one shot minions
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    As much as I can, yes. Sometimes stuff is happening too fast or I have to move when I didn't plan to, but eh, I try.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    I need a corpse tutorial or something.

Blast bones need to run faster and his corpse needs to last longer and he needs a greater range.

I tried blastbones into graveyard and I run faster than him, if I want to do the combo I have to wait on him to get there first which puts a pause in fighting I don’t like at all..

Blastbones is painfully slow. Between the summon and the waddle, I feel like a corpse duct taped to a tortoise would be a more expedient option.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Or at least i try to. I find it easier to utilise the corpses as a Healer or Tank rather than a dps, as they dont need to target the enemy with the corpses.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well both my necros are 50, and it’s been some time.

I like my Magicka healing necro better than my stam necro which is a surprise to me. Stam necro is too much corpse management. The only corpse management with the healer is casting my AOE heal over a corpse to get the skull on the ground which provides more health and a purge.

I’m having a lot more trouble maneuvering with the stam. I can’t get the tethers to work and the “necro repentance” Bitter Harvest doesn’t give back stam. I wish one morph did. I guess I need to be using my ultimate at all opportunities instead of waiting for a big-badaboom moment