The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Lever moved in Direfrost

SirLeeMinion
SirLeeMinion
✭✭✭✭✭
As if the LFG fails haven't been enough... Despite the regular threads complaining about high-end players blasting through dungeons leaving the other group members behind... Although there are continual threads about DPS queuing as fake tanks to avoid the wait for pledge dungeons... ZOS feels the need to prevent this legacy dungeon from being completed solo.

Yet another poorly considered decision that literally nobody asked for...

PS: Did ZOS fix the NPCs that bug into the roof leaving players stuck in combat... I doubt it. But oh, that pesky lever that has been the bane of millions... nailed it!
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    There have been many threads with players that prefer not to preform groups asking for the ability to solo more content.

That playstyle benefits from the BG change at cost to players that want to play in pre-formed groups. That's a tough issue.

Removing the ability to solo a dungeon certainly hurts the solo playstyle. Does the change benefit anyone in the customer base? If not, why do it?
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which lever is this??? I thought the dungeon could not be solo'd due to the two weighted plates. Was that not the case?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a door with a lever on the opposite side of it, but you could reach your hand through and open it from the "wrong" side. With some other legit trickery, it can be soloed without the use of the plates. I'm assuming that the lever on the door has been moved to prevent opening it early.
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Facepalm... That is a disappointing change indeed. But guess I'm running through Direfrost again for the Ice Furnace Frost staff and Jewelry I finally decided to break down on Monday after holding onto it for 3+ years with vain hopes of it being useful... 🤦🏼‍♂️
    Edited by Joosef_Kivikilpi on January 23, 2020 4:46PM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad that they look to deter strategy and creative thinking, and make mindless group zerging the only way to complete dungeons. Not surprising, though, considering the focus of this combat team.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd say this is pretty par for the course. Fix random easy stuff and leave the harder to fix broken mechanics for another day...
    Playing since beta...
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lever moved in Direfrost
    headbang.gif

• rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be positive, this particular change inspired me finally to purchase Witcher 3.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why can't the un-lootable chest in FG1 be fixed instead. :|
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So you've "fixed" the method to solo Direfrost, something players have figured out and enjoy doing. Well done. Of all things in need of attention in this game, you nailed it. :/
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with the crowd that thinks solo dungeoneer should be a fully fleshed out playstyle with its own achievements, titles, and such. There are dozens of dungeons in this game with their own art, encounters, and story that we hardly get a chance to appreciate in normal group play. Dungeons could be an entirely different experience if you went at your own pace. Soloing on normal is the only substitute for a real "story mode", so I'm very much against making solo play impossible.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with the crowd that thinks solo dungeoneer should be a fully fleshed out playstyle with its own achievements, titles, and such. There are dozens of dungeons in this game with their own art, encounters, and story that we hardly get a chance to appreciate in normal group play. Dungeons could be an entirely different experience if you went at your own pace. Soloing on normal is the only substitute for a real "story mode", so I'm very much against making solo play impossible.

And rather than excluding solo players by making the content itself difficult, they keep us out by adding cheesy one shot mechanics to a first or second boss in DLC dungeons, and even a few old world dungeons.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were three ways to solo this dungeon.

1: Use Magnum Shot to knock yourself back through the gate which normally had to be opened via two pressure plates.
    Magnum Shot no longer knocks you back.
    Ruined.

2: Press a lever through the door meant as an exit from the pathway after 3rd boss.
    They moved the lever on PTS.
    Ruined.

3. Go out of map. I’ve tested it today, it works. You can go to third boss quickly or any boss you choose to. Would rather wait until the patch drops so it doesn’t get ruined too though now that it’s the only option.

At this point it’s not a regular solo though, it’s going out of map to circumvent a dumb, forced mechanic meant only to stop solo players from completing the dungeon. :unamused: Priorities zos

• Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    was never intended to be soloed, hence the two pressure pads the fact they have let ppl get away with an exploit for so long is the thing that amazes me.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should make it so disbanding and regrouping no longer resets Skyreach Catacombs. Just in case ZOS is running out of ideas on how to unnecessarily upset the community for no reason.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should disable all mechanics that make soloing a dungeon impossible if only one player is in the dungeon.

Examples:
    - Only needing to step on 1 pressure plate in Direfrost Keep to open the door.
    - Remove the ability for the first boss of Moonhunter Keep (Jailor Melitus) to do a stun/kill a player if not interrupted by another player.
    - Make the final boss skeleton mechanic of Blackheart Haven last far less time or remove it.

So then players can do these dungeons solo if they’re good enough and feel like it. Maybe even add achievements for soloing some of the easier Vet dungeons.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree with you. Make "Play the way you like" actually mean something. The skilled player would still have to overcome/avoid the damage intended for four players, so it's not like they would be dumbing down the dungeon experience. Just remove the gimmicks that kill players instantly.

Vaoh wrote: »
    - Make the final boss skeleton mechanic of Blackheart Haven last far less time or remove it.

He can't transform werewolves (as I'm sure you know), but since they gutted werewolves in general, who would waste the time and skill points just to solo one dungeon?

Edited by Jaraal on January 27, 2020 7:44AM
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stop messing with soloing, ZOS! There should be NO dungeons that a really good player can’t eventually solo. And where is our story mode?
  • Env_t
    Env_t
    ✭✭✭
    good
    exploit was fixed

GROUP dungeons must remain GROUP dungeons
    ZOS you need to add group mechanics to all other 4-men dungeons in game
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Env_t wrote: »
    good
    exploit was fixed
    "I've traveled here for naught. The gate to the crypt is locked, probably by the pair of pressure plates here. And me with no companion.
    Without the Torch, I can't light the Flame. Regrettable, but I'll return. I've yet to explore the summit."

"The "Transmute Fog" spell turned out more useful that I thought. Would never have gotten through the last door without it."

Considering Eboric exploited the dungeon mechanics to solo the dungeon, we should be allowed to as well.

Edited by Sordidfairytale on January 27, 2020 4:10PM
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote to make dire frost solo friendly.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think ZOS is missing the boat on this one. In my experience there are a LOT of players who enjoy soloing dungeons, for various reasons. Why create mechanics that make it impossible? Yes, I understand the "It's an MMO." argument, but so what? Allow for a little diversity. Why not encourage it and even offer some achievements and/or rewards you can't obtain otherwise? It's a fun and preferable activity that a lot of people enjoy. Be a little creative and flexible in how some content is engaged instead of these cookie-cutter templates on how we're supposed to play the game. Why is that so bad?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS has long tried to keep some content group only. CP caps after someone soloed Molag Bal in Imperial City, and keeping parts of Craglorn group only even after they nerfed mob groups. No surprises here, this is a dungeon with a forced second player mechanic afterall. Of course it also brings to light how half-...effort ZOS is about it. Why do only some group dungeons have a multiplayer mechanic in the first place? For that matter, why buff some base world bosses but make the Alik'r public dungeon group event puzzle soloable? Could use a little consistency here.
    Edited by driosketch on January 27, 2020 7:18PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This dungeon is broken AF,
    With this trick (honestly even without), you can skip all the way to the last boss.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."