The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 25 - Feedback Thread for Crafting

BenevolentBowd
BenevolentBowd
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I couldn't find a feedback thread for crafting so created one.

Provisioning Writs - Proficiency 6 (top-tier)
They are offering dailies requiring CP50 Recipes (Fresh Apples and Eidar Cheese, Pickled Carrot Slurry, Argonian Saddle-Cured Rabbit, etc.)

Not sure if this is intentional. These were offered a while ago.
Edited by BenevolentBowd on January 22, 2020 6:08AM
Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
#TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't find a feedback thread for crafting so created one.

Provisioning Writs - Proficiency 6 (top-tier)
    They are offering dailies requiring CP50 Recipes (Fresh Apples and Eidar Cheese, Pickled Carrot Slurry, Argonian Saddle-Cured Rabbit, etc.)

Not sure if this is intentional. These were offered a while ago.

Update: Ran through 12 crafters and none were offered CP150 recipe writs. I checked after reset. Comparing 3 crafters with each of the unique recipe sets, none of the crafters received new recipes. This suggests that provisions writ rotation only has the 6 CP50 recipes in it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was going to report this, as well. I did crafting dailies last night on my main - only one on PC that does top tier provisioning writs, and noticed that it asked for CP 50 recipes, which she no longer had in her inventory.

I know that when crafting writs were first introduced, and for quite a while after, CP50 recipes were called for, IN ADDITION to CP 150 recipes. However, about 6 months or so ago, I noticed that my stock of CP50 foods/drinks were not depleting, and so I experimented by vendoring them and seeing if I was ever asked for them again. I've never been asked for CP50 foods/drinks since that point, and I do top-tier provisioning writs pretty much every day - only missed probably 6 days or so over the past 6 months.

So, it seems like the provisioning writs have been reverted back to asking for CP50 foods/drinks some of the time. Please fix this and change it back so that ONLY CP150 foods/drinks are requested. CP50 foods/drinks are tier 5, and should never have been asked for from a Tier 6 writ.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on January 22, 2020 9:01PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since motifs are related to crafting, I wanted to call out the Shields of Senchal and New Moon Priest motifs, which I see at the outfit station and the tooltips of how they will be acquired.

There is no mention in the patch notes that these can now be acquired from doing the Senchal town dailies (Shields of Senchal) and the Dragonguard Supply Chest (New Moon Priest).

Has anyone checked to see if these drop? I forgot to check during my testing and will try to do so in the next couple of days, but just wondering if anyone tested.

If these are still not available, then I'm wondering when. I can't image they'd make us wait until the new chapter, when we're wanting to get into the new content, with, presumably new dailies and motifs to acquire.

ZOS - why are you still holding these back? Is an incremental PTS going to enable them, or are we going to have to wait until June?
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh...I also wanted to say thank you, ZOS, for implementing a scroll for the crafting menu in gamepad mode. So awesome to just hit the left or right thumbsticks (or d-pad) and scroll quickly through all the motif styles, rather than having to hit the thumbstick or d-pad each time to advance left or right. This works for all the other selection as well, such as material level and trait.
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    There is no mention in the patch notes that these can now be acquired from doing the Senchal town dailies (Shields of Senchal) and the Dragonguard Supply Chest (New Moon Priest).

Has anyone checked to see if these drop? I forgot to check during my testing and will try to do so in the next couple of days, but just wondering if anyone tested.

I haven't done any Senchal Dailies, but I can confirm that the New Moon Priest motifs drop from the Dragonguard Supply Chest on the PTS. I've gotten one every day so far though, so I couldn't tell you if they are guaranteed or a crazy run of rng. I expect that both motifs will be coming with the upcoming dungeon dlc.

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aisleyne wrote: »

I haven't done any Senchal Dailies, but I can confirm that the New Moon Priest motifs drop from the Dragonguard Supply Chest on the PTS. I've gotten one every day so far though, so I couldn't tell you if they are guaranteed or a crazy run of rng. I expect that both motifs will be coming with the upcoming dungeon dlc.

Awesome, thanks! Yeah...I wonder if the drop rate for the New Moon Priest will be as high as you're seeing or if you're just having a really good string of RNG. I'm hoping it won't be so terribly low that you have to run all your alts through building up the sanctuary so that you can have a slightly decent chance of getting one.
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jayne_Doe You wouldn't be able to up your chances with alts anyhow. Remember the supply box is daily per account, not character based, provided they don't change anything. If the rng for them is higher, perhaps that's the reason.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aisleyne wrote: »
    @Jayne_Doe You wouldn't be able to up your chances with alts anyhow. Remember the supply box is daily per account, not character based, provided they don't change anything. If the rng for them is higher, perhaps that's the reason.

Ah, yes...I had forgotten that it was account-based, as I only have one character that has upgraded the sanctuary. Glad I don't have to worry about having to unlock it on alts to improve my chances.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I looked through the PTS patch notes again and could find no mention of the new motifs (Shields of Senchal and New Moon Priest) that have been added to Dragonhold. Could this please be added to the live patch notes, as I'm sure many players would be interested to know that these have been added to the game and how to obtain them. Thanks!
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh...I also wanted to say thank you, ZOS, for implementing a scroll for the crafting menu in gamepad mode. So awesome to just hit the left or right thumbsticks (or d-pad) and scroll quickly through all the motif styles, rather than having to hit the thumbstick or d-pad each time to advance left or right. This works for all the other selection as well, such as material level and trait.

This is a great little QoL adjustment. :)

More of these and less lever-moving please.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    General
    Fixed an issue where the incorrect Crafting Writ quests were being granted.

To OP - they thankfully fixed this issue with the provisioning crafting writs.