The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Battlegrounds only Solo queue

Thicclady
Thicclady
✭✭✭
It is understandable that premades are problem for solo queuers and annoying. But ZoS what you should do, is make BG:s more appealing to more players so premades could play each other more, and enough solo queuers for their own battles. Rather than turning this into solo play! I GUARANTEE you that amount of players in BG:s is gonna plummet. PvP unlike its name, is more like Friends against Unknowns really. This change is unbelievable considering we are talking about MMO after all. It triples the fun of BG:s to play with friends and talk **** in discord same time.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I for one avoid BG mostly because of premades. You suggest the number of players will plummet which is possible, but I'll be doing many more BG after the change for sure.

They probably could have done 2 queues and if the premade queue doesn't pop, that shows how unpopular it is compared to the solo. The reverse would also be true. If there is even a chance that I queue solo and have to play against a premade, my interest level drops to zero.
  • Thicclady
    Thicclady
    ✭✭✭
    I for one avoid BG mostly because of premades. You suggest the number of players will plummet which is possible, but I'll be doing many more BG after the change for sure.

They probably could have done 2 queues and if the premade queue doesn't pop, that shows how unpopular it is compared to the solo. The reverse would also be true. If there is even a chance that I queue solo and have to play against a premade, my interest level drops to zero.

Yes, then the solution could be making it more appealing as I said, so single players gets against single players.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thicclady wrote: »

Yes, then the solution could be making it more appealing as I said, so single players gets against single players.

Well, the proposed solution by ZOS is already extremely appealing to me. I totally understand that it wrecks anyone that does enjoy premades so I suggested a second queue just for premades. I feel like ZOS has some numbers they don't feel like sharing about how many full premades actually queue. It may not be a huge amount overall, but the impact is potentially much larger on actual battleground matches as well as perceived battleground enjoyment. I can't be the only person turned off by premades. I'd imagine that while the premade population will dwindle after this change, there will be many more like myself that will be much more inclined to participate.
  • TigressCreed
    TigressCreed
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how to feel about this. On the one side I get that some premades can be brutal especially if you’re solo queuing... however the main reason I play BGs is for the social aspect to team up with my Xbox friends and chat while we play. Not motivated to play it anymore after that. I avoid Cyrodiil for now so this was the only way to get AP
    Xbox NA TigressCreed
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to be awesome. Playing BGs with 3 friends isn't even fun. The other two teams usually quit about 6 minutes into the round.

This should make for much more balanced matches, especially after a while when players that are actually good in BGs move up in MMR and don't have to play with people that need to be carried by 3 friends, including a dedicated healer with Guard.

Now they just need to make the leaderboard rewards worth competing for.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xWarbrain wrote: »
    This is going to be awesome. Playing BGs with 3 friends isn't even fun. The other two teams usually quit about 6 minutes into the round.

This should make for much more balanced matches, especially after a while when players that are actually good in BGs move up in MMR and don't have to play with people that need to be carried by 3 friends, including a dedicated healer with Guard.

Now they just need to make the leaderboard rewards worth competing for.

what about playing with 1 friend? or 2? I mean, I have fun playing with any of my friends in instanced pvp, and now I can't. the lack of a group queue option for a group mode is insane.

on the other hand, people that never wanted to group for one reason or another now don't need to. good on you. wish that this game's pvp had been marketed as instanced solo pvp from the beginning, if that was where they were going to go. at least those of us that will be absent from bgs will be replaced by the large number of people that apparently refuse to do them on the off chance they run into a duo.
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm solo everyday in cyrodiil and I will definitely be doing more bgs with no more premades. Great change.
  • wylievc
    wylievc
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who has never queued as or been part of anything premade in this game, I am very disappointed in this change. I'm more on the casual side. Sure it sucks to be stomped by a full-on premade, but then why not have two queue options?

"Quickplay", which only allows solo queueing, and "Competitive", which allows solos/groups of any size to enqueue together.

The only thing I enjoy playing in the game is BGs and the rewards are already bad enough for someone who doesn't care for the PvE playstyle (cool some more rewards for the worthy with some Cowards gear in it..) and now I won't even be able to play the game with my one friend anymore. Cyrodiil is a mess and IC is dead. So, cool I guess?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

With an Official Thread being posted on this subject, we're going to go ahead and close this thread down. Feel free to move this discussion over to this official thread to post your feedback so it can all be found in one place for easier tracking. While posting on the new thread be sure to keep the Forum Rules in mind to avoid thread derailment.

Thank you for understanding!
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.