The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please don't kill pvp more than you already have...

Eevee_42
Eevee_42
✭✭✭✭
This change is a horrible idea that will kill the game for BG guilds and people who enjoy playing with their friends/spouse/guildies. I sincerely hope that it is reconsidered due to the fact that this is an online multiplayer game and taking away the ability to play with others seems to discourage that and promote a solo playing playstyle.

There are lots of issues with BGs, and this is merely a bandaid fix. Healing output vs damage is out of control, so this gives any team with a healer a much higher chance of winning. Solo que isn’t going to fix that, it’ll simply be a matter of who gets lucky to que in with a healer.

Then there is the lack of any sort of lobby system. All of the BG guilds who hosted 4v4v4 games are going to die without any option to que together. This is going to cause a lot of players who enjoyed BGs to give up on the game. This change will single handedly kill off a good portion of the already dying pvp community.

It is easy to point a finger at premades as being the root cause of the issue, but if you look beyond the surface level, you can see the glaring issues that actually need to be addressed that just get ignored. It should also be noted that people who are bad might think a team is premade and blame their shortcomings on that rather than looking at their own gameplay. Then they come cry about premades on the forums when they simply got wrecked by better pugs.

Anything would have been better than removing the ability to play with your friends. Given that the ESO pvp community is dying and the population is low, adding multiple types of ques might make finding a game even slower than it is currently. However, if they fixed their performance, balance issues, and had more incentive to play pvp in ESO, the population could increase enough to the point where adding separate solo/group ques would be viable. Adding in a ranked mode would be even better.

I think the real issue here is that ZOS doesn’t seem to really care about their pvp community. The game is becoming a solo gaming experience more and more with each patch. They want to get as many people into BGs as quickly as possible without caring what the competitive or endgame players are asking for. I was already not planning on playing ESO this year, but this will be the real nail in the coffin for me.
  • D3N7157
    D3N7157
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah so many of these premade BG apes are going to have a hard time now, lovely. You say ZOS doesnt care about community, but you clearly dont care bout fair play when you fight 4 random people with your 4 man setup specifically for BG.
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D3N7157 wrote: »
    Ah so many of these premade BG apes are going to have a hard time now, lovely. You say ZOS doesnt care about community, but you clearly dont care bout fair play when you fight 4 random people with your 4 man setup specifically for BG.

Bro you clearly must think every group that bodies you is a premade group lol. Ever think another group is winning just because they have a healer? That's going to be what bg is with no premades no difference than what it is now. So 4 dps vs 4 dps vs 3 dps and a healer that group 90% of the time that group with healer will win.

I could que with my wife and we could beat a premade of 4 want to know why? We have skill and understand the battle system in BG. Now me and her can't play together because you guys think the 2 of us paired with other decent players make us "full premade group" because everything is a premade group to people that lack skill lol.
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never been in a 4 person queue for BGs and my 3 person queue was 2 dudes without monster sets. Almost always, I have 1 other player that is far from optimally geared (and nor am I). Tell me again why my friends and I should suffer because other people have found unkillable/unfun BG sets/skills. OTOH, what if we could all queue how we wanted - you in solo, us in group? We're willing to fight better players.

why don't we all support that, instead of one or the other?
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solo BG queue is probably one of the best ideas of ZOS lately... but it should be separate while keeping old queue. BGs are first of all about coordinated play. 4v4v4 of randoms will be just for fun, until high MMR where everybody will be looking to backstab another two teams.

I recently saw smallscale group in Cyro which was doing things far from fair play. Like attacking 4v1 people who fight in 1v1 with one of them and t-bagging after that. And withdrawing wherever number of opposing random solo players became comparable. I was at AR 6 btw, so this is another thing which smallscales are doing - sending 1 for "easy frag" but when noob happened to be properly spec'd, 3 apes immediately run to help.
    So if you think that "premades" are against fair play only in BGs.. no, they are against fair play everywhere.. there are decent ones of course... but there are many premades who can't handle 1v1 but always happy to fight Xv1.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

With an Official Thread being posted on this subject, we're going to go ahead and close this thread down. Feel free to move this discussion over to this official thread to post your feedback so it can all be found in one place for easier tracking. While posting on the new thread be sure to keep the Forum Rules in mind to avoid thread derailment.

Thank you for understanding!
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.