The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

We need a lobby system for Battlegrounds ASAP

iCaliban
iCaliban
✭✭✭✭✭
The changes to battlegrounds have an unfortunate side effect. Some guilds routinely arrange 3 teams in order to play against one another in battlegrounds. Please consider giving us a lobby system or some sort of custom game so that we can continue organizing our own pvp games.

This is not a radical feature. PVP games have had custom lobbys for nearly 2 decades. Thank you
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lobby system would also mollify the many complaints players have about premades (of which there arent nearly as many as these forums would make you think). The lobbies dont even need rewards active.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We never asked to remove premades from battlegrounds, we asked for 2 separate queues. One for when you want to run solo, one for playing with and against premades
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i think the change to solo is to evaluate its viability and stress on the current system, i'm sure Q2 updates will re-instate the group queue and test the solo along side it, if they did it all at once and completely broke the system you wouldnt have a battleground at all for awhile.
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    We never asked to remove premades from battlegrounds, we asked for 2 separate queues. One for when you want to run solo, one for playing with and against premades

Thing is, duo queues even during primetime are twenty minutes. 4 man waits upwards of 40. No one is punishing themselves that much to pug stomp.
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a real shame, I guess this is the reward BG guilds get for having the queue being broken half the time the last few patches...
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gaggin wrote: »
    It's a real shame, I guess this is the reward BG guilds get for having the queue being broken half the time the last few patches...

Truth. We have dealt with bug after bug. And this is their big new idea. Kill group play
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only play BG's with friends, looks like I WON'T be playing BG's again if it makes it to the live server.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »
    Some guilds routinely arrange 3 teams in order to play against one another in battlegrounds.

Wasn't there still a chance those three teams wouldn't be matched up in the same game anyway, @iCaliban?

You still have to go through the BG queue after all ...

Kill group play

Battlegrounds will still be group play ... it's still 4 x 4 x 4. You're just not often playing on the same team as friends or guildies (which ZOS has acknowledged in the patch notes).

Though I'm indifferent about the PTS change ... it does appear there are some holes in your argument to oppose it.

• Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some guilds routinely arrange 3 teams in order to play against one another in battlegrounds.

Wasn't there still a chance those three teams wouldn't be matched up in the same game anyway, @iCaliban?

Kill group play

Battlegrounds will still be group play ... it's still 4 x 4 x 4. You're just not often playing on the same team as friends or guildies (which ZOS has acknowledged in the patch notes).

Though I'm indifferent about the PTS change ... it does appear there are some holes in your argument to oppose it.

Imagine if our pvp guilds couldn't group up in cyro…. or even play on same faction...
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Kill group play

When we do 3 in guild teams we are all in coms and if one team doesnt get a ready check we all decline and wait again. Its not a great system but it's the only way to guarantee a game

Im asking for custom games like you see in every modern pvp game dating back to halo CE. I dont really care about bgs being solo only
    Edited by iCaliban on January 21, 2020 3:16AM
  • Nirnroot420
    Nirnroot420
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly what Caliban has said, a solo queue-only system isn't a terrible idea, just give groups rudimentary tools to organize a match. A simple lobby system with no special rules would work fine. Battleground queues at the moment are so punishing for groups it's not viable to pugstomp, and premading in general is extremely rare on PC NA.

I'm not sure why the answer to a flawed grouping mechanic is to disable grouping altogether, even as an experiment that will be conducted over an indeterminate amount of time.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would take wayyy more effort than ZoS even cares to offer.
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like a lobby system, but also a competitive queue system that allows both solo and group (in case soloers want to solo queue in it) and a solo-only queue. I would prefer the two queues than the lobby if we had to choose, as it may not be easy for some of us to find lobbies to organize pvp games, and a competitive mode would do that for us. But this is a preference to no ability to play as a group at all....
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mav1234 wrote: »
    I would like a lobby system, but also a competitive queue system that allows both solo and group (in case soloers want to solo queue in it) and a solo-only queue. I would prefer the two queues than the lobby if we had to choose, as it may not be easy for some of us to find lobbies to organize pvp games, and a competitive mode would do that for us. But this is a preference to no ability to play as a group at all....

Two separate queues would not work. As it stands right now, there is almost never more than 1 four man team at any given time. Wait times would be well over an hour at which point most players would simply not bother.

We know this because the current system does preferentially match premades together. And when we queue as multiple teams we usually have little issue matching eachother. Which would not happen if other premades were plentiful and in queue. Primetime on the weekends
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    This would take wayyy more effort than ZoS even cares to offer.

Exactly this. A lobby system and a way to make custom matches is, I think, what most players wanted from BGs to begin with. But why would ZOS do that when they can just co-op dungeon finder and call it a day?
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That would be nice if we can make 3 teams with 4 ppl and play vs each other.
    Skipping queue time and playing competitive games with guild members will be really nice. Most dedicated BG players play BGs because of fun and not because of rewards so it could be quite popular for community to organize such matcches.
    Because I can!
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    That would be nice if we can make 3 teams with 4 ppl and play vs each other.
    Skipping queue time and playing competitive games with guild members will be really nice. Most dedicated BG players play BGs because of fun and not because of rewards so it could be quite popular for community to organize such matcches.

Agreed. Absolutely no need for rewards or leaderboard points or any exploitable thing. Just want to be able to organize games
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two separate queues would not work. As it stands right now, there is almost never more than 1 four man team at any given time. Wait times would be well over an hour at which point most players would simply not bother.

We know this because the current system does preferentially match premades together. And when we queue as multiple teams we usually have little issue matching eachother. Which would not happen if other premades were plentiful and in queue. Primetime on the weekends

I'm not saying "premade only" as in 4 player groups in the group queue. I consider duos to be a group as well, and I think there are enough people to fill a single-and-group-queue and a singles only queue, because A LOT of players do duos.
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not saying "premade only" as in 4 player groups in the group queue. I consider duos to be a group as well, and I think there are enough people to fill a single-and-group-queue and a singles only queue, because A LOT of players do duos.

There are other issues with a group only system, say there is one trio, one premade and one duo available. How would system fill it if it can't pull solo players?

Far easier to give us a way to do custom matches. Or even group dueling
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are other issues with a group only system, say there is one trio, one premade and one duo available. How would system fill it if it can't pull solo players?

Far easier to give us a way to do custom matches. Or even group dueling

my suggestion has been this:

"I'm not saying "premade only" as in 4 player groups in the group queue. I consider duos to be a group as well, and I think there are enough people to fill a single-and-group-queue and a singles only queue, because A LOT of players do duos."

and anyway you could just prohibit queuing with 3 people if it was that big a deal.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

With an Official Thread being posted on this subject, we're going to go ahead and close this thread down. Feel free to move this discussion over to this official thread to post your feedback so it can all be found in one place for easier tracking. While posting on the new thread be sure to keep the Forum Rules in mind to avoid thread derailment.

Thank you for understanding!
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.