The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

"You can now only queue as a solo player into Battlegrounds."

ArzyeL
ArzyeL
✭✭✭
And resetting the matchmaking rating (MMR) of all players.
That is a great change. Hopefuly it will help BG matches.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it's a band-aid fix that will just drive more players away. This is a MMO, not a single player game, and there's far better solutions than only enabling solo queue.
  • ArzyeL
    ArzyeL
    ✭✭✭
    It's a great first step to fix BGs and evaluate MMR better. Group v group dedicated Bgs can come after a while. My opinion only.
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArzyeL wrote: »

This is so stupid and if you support this you need to learn to at better. I could solo que and still do well or I could que with friends to play. I 100% guarantee you that your ques will be longer because there will be less players queing and now you will see more people queing and standing at the base just to unlock vigor lol.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are removing the ability to group with friends to play content in an MMO.

[Edit to remove bashing]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on January 20, 2020 8:22PM
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need a lobby system asap. Getting 3 teams together to fight each other is the best part of this broken game
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Amazing :D this is a great change. No more synergized, perfectly matched groups that hold the BG round forever not even getting a fraction of scores.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    They are removing the ability to group with friends to play content in an MMO.

You can go to cyrodil rather than relying on fighting overwhelmed players in a solo queue.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on January 20, 2020 8:23PM
  • Sophieous
    Sophieous
    ✭✭✭✭
    You need to revert the solo q change immediately. Player feedback my a***.

What players asked for was a proper system with both solo and group queue (in our wildest dreams maybe duo queue), where teams don't get matched and put up with people solo queuing. They also asked for an mmr fix so we don't play with the same 10 ppl every single day.

This is a very big and sick joke that will have a massive impact and cause an outrage. Just no.
    Edited by Sophieous on January 20, 2020 8:21PM
    EU | PC

Sophious - AD Templar (The one and only true Queen)
    Not Sophious - AD Warden
    Mayorz DK Slave - DC Templar
    May is my bae - DC Magblade
    Galabriem - DC Sorc
    Queen Sophie - DC Stamblade
    "I'm still pretty self-centered, greedy and angry" D.L.

• SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are removing the ability to group with friends to play content in an MMO. I'm almost impressed by how dumb this is.

Thats what you get when ZoS actually listens to loudest voices offering quick band-aid fixes :D

Now instead of dealing with the boring matches against 4 premade groups people can just not do BG at all anymore if they have at least 1 friend or guild members they like to play with in this Massively multiplayer online game
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think there should be two separate queues for solo and group play. I will say that this is better than what it was. How it is on live solo players are getting screwed and being farmed by organized groups.

It's a good, but imperfect change.
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    They are removing the ability to group with friends to play content in an MMO. I'm almost impressed by how dumb this is.

You can go to cyrodil rather than relying on fighting overwhelmed players in a solo queue.

Battlegrounds has objectives and you can quick que k to it if you only have 20-30 minutes on the game. You take away players abilities to play the game modes or even just have fights.

Me and my wife play together often and we take down premade groups if our team mates aren't stupid and we stay together. So now we get punished because you guys want to be Rambo but you fail and die 15 times in a match because you want to play "solo".

If I go to cyrodil with 20-30 minutes I might not even find people and I definitely don't have time to siege a castle so yes your completely crazy thinking this is the solution.

People need to learn battlegrounds is a team effort. Those "premade groups" were just people sticking together and not wandering off like idiots lol.
  • Gunzork
    Gunzork
    ✭✭
    They just had to make 2 differents type of BG... one that allow you to group and another that you only can queue as solo... And ... Another one with CP enabled lol
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Battlegrounds has objectives and you can quick que k to it if you only have 20-30 minutes on the game. You take away players abilities to play the game modes or even just have fights.

Me and my wife play together often and we take down premade groups if our team mates aren't stupid and we stay together. So now we get punished because you guys want to be Rambo but you fail and die 15 times in a match because you want to play "solo".

If I go to cyrodil with 20-30 minutes I might not even find people and I definitely don't have time to siege a castle so yes your completely crazy thinking this is the solution.

People need to learn battlegrounds is a team effort. Those "premade groups" were just people sticking together and not wandering off like idiots lol.

Queuing solo and playing solo are two entirely different things. The fact is players who queue solo are being put on drastically non optimized teams that are being steam rolled by players who have synchronized every piece of gear and ability.

People need to stop conflating the two.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Queuing solo and playing solo are two entirely different things. The fact is players who queue solo are being put on drastically non optimized teams that are being steam rolled by players who have synchronized every piece of gear and ability.

People need to stop conflating the two.

Then find a group or get good, welcome to playing MMO's. The whole point of these games is playing with friends and guild mates. Bad change, needs to be reverted.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Premades were bringing into Battlegrounds what people went into Battlegrounds to avoid. Seems good to me.
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's unheard of for an mmo matchmaking system to be unplayable in a group; it's literally how mmo's are made to be played...in groups. The level ZOS's incompetence has fallen to is simply breathtaking, this game is truly beyond saving.

New World in May
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alomar wrote: »
    It's unheard of for an mmo matchmaking system to be unplayable in a group; it's literally how mmo's are made to be played...in groups. The level ZOS's incompetence has fallen to is simply breathtaking, this game is truly beyond saving.

New World in May

Yep!
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I'm sort of happy, this is a bandaid fix. They could of done multiple different things here..

1: Like Alcast said, use weekends or events to enable group queuing again.

2: Increase the total MMR of a group that queues so if they're paired with solo players with similar MMR, those players are better than the individuals of that group. This would help guarantee you have solo players that can pull their own weight.

For example:

Group queues, each player normally has 500 MMR, because they've grouped up, the combined MMR goes up by 100 per person. This means they should fight players with 600 MMR each instead of 500.

The problem with this may be the fact that there simply isn't enough players queueing and you end up facing the same players anyway because the MMR becomes less and less important as you stay longer in the queue.. a combination of 1 and 2 would probably work best.

They can't seperate the queue because the player base is too low to handle that, they don't want 20 minute queues like DPS in dungeons. They need to find a middle ground. Solo vs premades are usually stomps.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I'm sort of happy, this is a bandaid fix. They could of done multiple different things here..

1: Like Alcast said, use weekends or events to enable group queuing again.

2: Increase the total MMR of a group that queues so if they're paired with solo players with similar MMR, those players are better than the individuals of that group. This would help guarantee you have solo players that can pull their own weight.

For example:

Group queues, each player normally has 500 MMR, because they've grouped up, the combined MMR goes up by 100 per person. This means they should fight players with 600 MMR each instead of 500.

The problem with this may be the fact that there simply isn't enough players queueing and you end up facing the same players anyway because the MMR becomes less and less important as you stay longer in the queue.. a combination of 1 and 2 would probably work best.

They can't seperate the queue because the player base is too low to handle that, they don't want 20 minute queues like DPS in dungeons. They need to find a middle ground. Solo vs premades are usually stomps.

It could also be that the number of premades weren't high enough to warrant spending resources to build a separate queue tool but they were problematic enough to shut them down to allow the majority of the playerbase to have a more enjoyable experience.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should make bgs 10x more fun. Premades vs Pugs was a terrible experience.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What they should have actually done is let the market decide, have a pre-made queue and a solo queue with the same rewards and let players choose.

As for the nonsense on this thread about it being an MMO and queuing solo, if we are talking about what belongs in an MMO then you would not have BG to begin with. An MMO is supposed to be a massively mulitplayer game set in a persistent world, not a lobby sidegame outside of that persistant world for mere 4 man teams that belongs in a normal multiplayer.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was it fun for new players to be stompd by experienced players when zos broke mmr? It wasn't no for new players, nor for experienced ones. But now we will be forced to have such kinda of matches for at least few months instead of weeks like it was.. :/
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is so stupid and if you support this you need to learn to at better. I could solo que and still do well or I could que with friends to play. I 100% guarantee you that your ques will be longer because there will be less players queing and now you will see more people queing and standing at the base just to unlock vigor lol.

I 100% guarantee you're wrong.

single greatest change of current patch notes. well done zos. well done.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my favorite changes in the patch notes. 10/10
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Excellent.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixed feelings here. Pre mades steam rolling over pugs is no fun for most. And the seriously added complication of trying to make a competitive match using mmr when some are grouped, in various amount too (2 people, 3 people, full group) had to involve some very twisted and convoluted math to achieve so I can see why people would sit in queues forever but at the same time, it's an mmo, people should be able to group with friends
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not going to argue the change as it's always seemed evenly split with those who wanted it/didn't want it but this has killed bgs for me. This was an activity that I enjoyed doing with my wife, sometime we'd dominate and other times we got trounced but it was always fun to be able to work together.

I don't enjoy Cyrodil, never have, but I liked the fast paced action of bgs and part of that fun for me was being able to team up with my partner and dive in for a quick match here and there.

I have no doubt there were people running premade groups, but I think the failure is on zos' part for not providing better incentive to get people working together. This game mode is never going to be balanced or fair unless they completely remove gear sets from the equation and just give everyone flat stat armor while in the game mode. What it was, was a fun way to quickly get into some great fights without having to deal with riding horse simulator. My absence likely won't affect anything, I have no illusions there. It is a bummer of a change all the same.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

We have decided to close this thread as there is a duplicate that seems a little more active, which can be found here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.