Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodill Campaign: CP or No-CP Better for Character with 250 Champion Points?

skyh
skyh
Hi

I have 2 characters, one level 50 cp 250, and one level 49 who has "inherited" the first one's 250 CP.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of doing a Cyrodill campaign with or without CPs, for each character?

1. Will the Champion Point passives give me an advantage against NCPs (like Honor Guards)?
2. I assume with CPs-enabled, I'll have an advantage over players with no or fewer CPs, but be disadvantaged against those with more. Which is likely to have more effect?
3. Are there any other considerations, like the type of players/nature of the gameplay which is found on CP vs non-CP campaigns?

Thanks ...
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Possibly better in no-CP, but keep in mind that those playing no-CP areas often have the best possible gear all traited correctly and upgraded to gold. So nothing's a sure thing.

Happily, you'll find you'll earn more CP quickly. Over 300, you may want to start considering the CP campaigns.
    Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    noCP is going to out you on a level playing field, as long as you have decent CP160 GEAR.

same with battlegrounds..

However it may come down to how you want to play PvP, where the pop is you like (i.e. zergs Vs small scale) as depending on your region / platform noCP may be quiet
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    skyh wrote: »
    Hi

I have 2 characters, one level 50 cp 250, and one level 49 who has "inherited" the first one's 250 CP.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of doing a Cyrodill campaign with or without CPs, for each character?

1. Will the Champion Point passives give me an advantage against NCPs (like Honor Guards)?
    2. I assume with CPs-enabled, I'll have an advantage over players with no or fewer CPs, but be disadvantaged against those with more. Which is likely to have more effect?
    3. Are there any other considerations, like the type of players/nature of the gameplay which is found on CP vs non-CP campaigns?

Thanks ...

I'm a long time PvP player and have a YouTube channel with alot of content and I can 100% say go to no cp. Even if you had best in slot gear and golden armour you're at a HUGE... actually colossal disadvantage due to your cp. CP makes a massive difference - you'd be missing around 40% damage whilst taking 20-40% more on every single hit. Compare that to No CP where you are only limited by your armour and skill as a player of which can be overcome. If you need a hand with builds etc or just help, let me know :)

Good luck!
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    skyh wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks ...

I'm a long time PvP player and have a YouTube channel with alot of content and I can 100% say go to no cp. Even if you had best in slot gear and golden armour you're at a HUGE... actually colossal disadvantage due to your cp. CP makes a massive difference - you'd be missing around 40% damage whilst taking 20-40% more on every single hit. Compare that to No CP where you are only limited by your armour and skill as a player of which can be overcome. If you need a hand with builds etc or just help, let me know :)

Good luck!

++This

I've been a long time CP pvp player but about 6 months back after my break from ESO I switched to noCP on my alt account cause I only had like 300 cp on that. It was such a great experience. Gear played crucial role as you had to build around sustain/damage and defence all at the same time but on top, it was the skills which made a big difference. CP makes it much easier to build for all 3 aspects but punishes those who dont have it maxed out or atleast close. Some make do with skills but not an easy thing to do.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no cp.

If you fight anyone in cp with higher cp than you then your at a disadvantage. In no cp everyone is equal, just depends on your gear and skill then.

I still prefer no cp even with maxed cp though, I just think it's more balanced.