Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Thanks to Alcast we got a map of the secret coded message map seems to suggest The Pale/Dawnstar.

• Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I believe the hints they gave are saying this. I overlooked some text translated by Alcast and going by it I think its saying this.
    Deep Down where Oaherovas Weep not sure on this one. Means but the other one Deep down where Oakeroots Weep antigram of Oakeroots is Esorakoto which is french for Nightmare made a mistake on Esorakoto I don't know what that means.

Like All Urns its Bears the dead Death is naught but a Fitful Sleep.
    Ashes Remain Death to Mortal Tongues.
    Death For the Living and Life for the Dead.
    Let let let let let in the world
    Led from Boughs both Gnarled and Black may they reap a great harvest of terror
    Deep Down where Nirnroots Weep
    Deep down where Oakeroot Weep

This does seem to suggest Black Reach. I'd think whatever is happening could directly involve it.
    That black strange symbol on the map does really look Falmeri to me. Maybe a lost Falmeri Site.
    Falmer are like a nightmare to the Nords and they do get blamed for a lot of stuff.
    I think that could be what it means.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on January 10, 2020 4:35AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • TempPlayer
    TempPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the dawnguard was founded in the second era? maybe we will do so

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dawnguard
    The Dawnguard traces its origins in the early to mid Second Era. Fort Dawnguard was once a stronghold owned by the Jarl of Riften. The Jarl's son was an adventurer, which proved to be his demise as he had contracted Vampirism. When the Jarl of Riften first came upon the news, he was unable to have his son killed, and so he used his money to build Fort Dawnguard as a prison to hold his son. The hired men that guarded the prison would become the early Dawnguard. The Dawnguard was eventually forced to put him down, which led to the group's banishment from the Rift, but stuck to their cause of vampire hunting.[1] The group would start to use Crossbows with Silver bolts. A weapon that would later be used by the Fighters Guild during the Interregnum.[2] The group would eventually dissolve and fall into obscurity. A rumor was that the group had all contracted vampirism and stalked the Rift until they were all defeated.[3]

I know this is canon but it always make me lol when I think of it now. I mean if only the Jarl went to the mage guild with 600 golds, he could had avoid all the hassle. Or was building the fort cheaper than 600 golds? What is the fort made of? Cardboard box? The only thing it can hold prison to will be a cat. Was Jarl's "son" a cat? Were the guard hired to clear his "son" litter box? Did the guard forced to put him down or have a little accident during playtime. Were their main interest in the crossbow or because the "son" like to play with the shinny silver bolts?
    So many questions, so much laugh.
    Edited by TempPlayer on January 10, 2020 4:33AM
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TempPlayer wrote: »
    the dawnguard was founded in the second era? maybe we will do so

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dawnguard
    The Dawnguard traces its origins in the early to mid Second Era. Fort Dawnguard was once a stronghold owned by the Jarl of Riften. The Jarl's son was an adventurer, which proved to be his demise as he had contracted Vampirism. When the Jarl of Riften first came upon the news, he was unable to have his son killed, and so he used his money to build Fort Dawnguard as a prison to hold his son. The hired men that guarded the prison would become the early Dawnguard. The Dawnguard was eventually forced to put him down, which led to the group's banishment from the Rift, but stuck to their cause of vampire hunting.[1] The group would start to use Crossbows with Silver bolts. A weapon that would later be used by the Fighters Guild during the Interregnum.[2] The group would eventually dissolve and fall into obscurity. A rumor was that the group had all contracted vampirism and stalked the Rift until they were all defeated.[3]

I know this is canon but it always make me lol when I think of it now. I mean if only the Jarl went to the mage guild with 600 golds, he could had avoid all the hassle. Or was building the fort cheaper than 600 golds? What is the fort made of? Cardboard box? The only thing it can hold prison to will be a cat. Was Jarl's "son" a cat? Were the guard hired to clear his "son" litter box? Did the guard forced to put him down or have a little accident during playtime. Were their main interest in the crossbow or because the "son" like to play with the shinny silver bolts?
    So many questions, so much laugh.

honestly, elder scrolls had never any coherent logic with its lore...just think of the transmute iron to gold spell and what it would do to the economy... there are so many logic flaws...dont think about them or they will ruin your experience
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, note that the guilds act was written in Dawnstar so we could have a guilds rework
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coatmagic wrote: »
    Muizer wrote: »
    Coatmagic wrote: »
    Has anyone else come across vampire hunter npcs in an altercation...?
    Don't recall ever seeing them in game before..

like this guy?

I'd like a vampire hunter theme if it comes with a new vampire hunter skill line or class. I don't think it will happen though. Fighter's guild was ZOS' the rather unconvincing attempt to put some of that in the game and they even nerfed the undead specific part of it.

Nono not him xD
    These were in grey garb iirc
    should have gotten a screen shot
    this one is sad :*(

You confuse me. If you've never seen them in game, how could you have taken a screenshot / know they wear grey garb :/
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!