Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Thanks to Alcast we got a map of the secret coded message map seems to suggest The Pale/Dawnstar.

Thevampirenight
Thevampirenight
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Going by the other thread. I decided to make a new one.
Given what has been found out and to to also have a more better in dephh translation. Using the Alcast map with all the maps turned towards one another like someone suggested in that other thread. They were on to something. Because with the map like this we can get a better clear picture

Skyrim-all-maps-overlap-white.jpg

Going by this player on the other thread it might be blackreach after all
quote="The_Saint;c-6531487"]One week left :-)

After @Alcast also puts the maps over each other
https://alcasthq.com/eso-skyrim-map-clues-for-elder-scrolls-online/

For me the red signs looks like the four entrances locations to blackreach
Tower of Mzark, Mzinchaleft, Raldbthar and Alftand
latest?cb\u003d20130213162606
755px-Lage_Schwarzweite.jpg

The black mark which is on the same position on each map maybe could be the location (whiterun) for something like a key for using the entrances...
1***0wAK.jpg
[/quote]

After looking at HER SAIMEANS DEATH TOMRTA TONGUES I ran the first three words through this https://anagram-solver.net/
Getting Ashes remain.

Edit I overlooked something that Alcast had put down that I've not seen before another translation.
DEEP DOWN WHERE ????ROOTS WEEP
Deep Down where Oaherovas Weep not sure on this one.
Deep down where Oakeroots Weep antigram translation of Oakeroots is Esorakoto which is french for Nightmare Edit was wrong on that Esorakoto isn't french for nightmare I made a mistake.

Now the ???? can be one of two things tree roots but it can also mean Nirn or tree Roots.

From all that is translated from other players and my own translation of those three words through the anagram site. This is some of the message we don't have the full thing.
Like all Urns it Bears the Dead. Death is naught but a Fitful Sleep.
Ashes Remain Death to Mortal tongues.
Let let let let let let In the World Terror (not if terror would be the proper last word on that message myself))
Death for the Living and Life for the Dead
Led them from boughs
both gnarled and black
may they reap a great harvest of
I think to get the full message one has to translate various daedric letters that seem like gibberish in an Anagram program. But I'm not going to do that myself I just did the english part and got ashes remain.

Edit Going by this new information I somehow overlooked here is an interpretation based on new information.

Like All Urns its Bears the dead Death is naught but a Fitful Sleep.
Ashes Remain Death to Mortal Tongues.
Death For the Living and Life for the Dead.
Let let let let let in the world
Led from Boughs both Gnarled and Black may they reap a great harvest of terror
Deep Down where Nirnroots Weep
Deep Down where Oaherovas Weep
Deep down where Oakeroots Weep

This really does sound like blackreach to me.
Maybe even something horrific going down there. We will have to wait and see.

For those that don't know what The Pale is. Its the region where Dawnstar is located in Skyrim Its one of the holds of Skyrim.
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dawnstar
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Pale
Edited by Thevampirenight on January 10, 2020 4:34AM
PC NA
Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically what we all knew from reading the dungeons and hints in the previous year. Congrats on catching up I guess? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOqy8cC72wA

Edited by Aptonoth on January 9, 2020 1:47PM
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    So basically what we all knew from reading the dungeons and hints in the previous year. Congrats on catching up I guess?

Well blackreach was a theory. I didn't play those. I thought it was the solitude and Morthal hold area we are going to see now I don't think its that at all.
    I think many others were thinking it was going to be Solitude or the Morthal area.
    We don't know the storyline or what it is going to be we can only assume. But what it looks like to me is the chapter area is going to be Dawnstar or White Run.
    PC NA
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For those who’re lore impaired. What does The Pale mean?
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    PRX and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah really looking forward to what it will be fully next week! :)
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    For those who’re lore impaired. What does The Pale mean?

Its the hold where the city of Dawnstar is located
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Pale
    Dawnstar has been in two other games as well. Arena and the game of Dawnstar. So like the nord island near Vvardenfell it has been seen in several games.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dawnstar
    Edited by Thevampirenight on January 9, 2020 1:56PM
    PC NA
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i think i leads towards a Dawn guard story line
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope its more original than dawnguard, skyrim vampire clan, or dragons. Like something that adds to and fleshes out Skyrim lore, but a part of me thinks this is going to be a lazy rehash with all the data mines. I hope I'm wrong but expect the worst at this point and I was an ardent Skyrim defender.
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone else come across vampire hunter npcs in an altercation...?
    Don't recall ever seeing them in game before..
    Edited by Coatmagic on January 9, 2020 1:58PM
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Coatmagic wrote: »

In altercation? Wait what are you talking about? Like a world encounter?
    Edited by Thevampirenight on January 9, 2020 2:09PM
    PC NA
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really hope its more original than dawnguard, skyrim vampire clan, or dragons. Like something that adds to and fleshes out Skyrim lore, but a part of me thinks this is going to be a lazy rehash with all the data mines. I hope I'm wrong but expect the worst at this point and I was an ardent Skyrim defender.

Well I don't think it will be exactly a rehash. If it is Dawnguard maybe they are going the bad guy route with them. I can see this leading into a heel face turn by Meridia. Which would be interesting if it was to be done. We already know she had ties to the fighters guild. I think maybe with the Dawnguard as well. If its done like that I would support that type of a storyline. Because they were not very popular we do know that from Isran I can see this lot being the first incarnation while the one we see in Skyrim might be the Third. As I think Fort dawnguard has at least another 100 years till its built or maybe even less. *Shrugs*
    Edited by Thevampirenight on January 9, 2020 2:21PM
    PC NA
  • NeroBad
    NeroBad
    ✭✭✭✭
    So basically what we all knew from reading the dungeons and hints in the previous year. Congrats on catching up I guess? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOqy8cC72wA

It is sad that I'm not in the "all" group, and I like tha Pale idea more than the Solitude (I heard Solitude much more often). But the Pale is a little small for a Chapter so I guess if this is true than some sorrounding is also included.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NeroBad wrote: »

It is sad that I'm not in the "all" group, and I like tha Pale idea more than the Solitude (I heard Solitude much more often). But the Pale is a little small for a Chapter so I guess if this is true than some sorrounding is also included.

I was thinking Hjaalmarch and Haafingar myself. But Dawnstar might make more sense given its unique history and the fact it even had its own game. They could do many things with that. Maybe will we get to see the ice tribes.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on January 9, 2020 2:35PM
    PC NA
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I would like to know more @Coatmagic
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No | To ZOS: THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BRING MY HORSE INTO BATTLE!
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyway guys, as ridiculous as it sounds I've had prophetic dreams my entire life. I obviously can't prove it and I'm not demanding your belief either.

But what I will say is that I am convinced that I've had dreams reveal elements of the future to me, at many points in my life. The events are quite random, usually detailing an encounter I'm going to have with someone, word-for-word, or something new that I'd never seen before.

Interestingly I had a dream last night, about ESO's expansion plot this year and it was vampires and such.

Look I can't say if I this is another prophetic dream until the expansion happens, but these dreams tend to feel different and stick in my head much more clearly than others.

I'm somewhat convinced I may have just had another such dream. Hopefully we'll see next week during Vegas.

EDIT: Oh yes, the environment the dream showed was similar to The Pale.
    Edited by CMDR_Un1k0rn on January 9, 2020 2:56PM
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No | To ZOS: THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BRING MY HORSE INTO BATTLE!
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh lord please not a Dawnguard rehash ☹️

Least fav bit of Skyrim.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyway guys, as ridiculous as it sounds I've had prophetic dreams my entire life. I obviously can't prove it and I'm not demanding your belief either.

But what I will say is that I am convinced that I've had dreams reveal elements of the future to me, at many points in my life. The events are quite random, usually detailing an encounter I'm going to have with someone, word-for-word, or something new that I'd never seen before.

Interestingly I had a dream last night, about ESO's expansion plot this year and it was vampires and such.

Look I can't say if I this is another prophetic dream until the expansion happens, but these dreams tend to feel different and stick in my head much more clearly than others.

I'm somewhat convinced I may have just had another such dream. Hopefully we'll see next week during Vegas.

I don't know about such dreams. Could be just a dream could be real. Could be Déjà vu I don't know.
    THe storyline can be about anything. But if someone is saying they seen vampire hunters around as a world encoutner which I don't know if its true or not. I can see somewhat a vampire theme in Dawnstar as to what that might be I don't know. Given the reach looking symbols and stuff I think we will see that as well. So it wouldn't be just be vampires I think. We will just got to wait and see on that we can only speculate right now.
    PC NA
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dumb question but why does dawnstar automatically mean dawnguard? Had they already been founded back then? Maybe we will assemble and found them similar to the dragonguard...
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dumb question but why does dawnstar automatically mean dawnguard? Had they already been founded back then? Maybe we will assemble and found them similar to the dragonguard...

It doesn't mean that it will be Dawnguard related I'm not dismissing it either because I do think there will be a lot of reachmen theme this year. Vampires I think would be just one element. They could be planning anything so we don't know for sure on anything. I just think people want or some of them not all of them obviously want some form of vampire or dawnguard content. Like vampire lord or something. I don't think they will be doing vampire lord but they might. If it draws in Money by doing it.
    Seranas crypt was located in the pale. I think that is one reason why they might think that another is the name.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on January 9, 2020 3:15PM
    PC NA
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or you read the previous thread about what's already been predicted and then dreamed about it...
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I am still expecting major Vampire involvement with a Vampire rework coming.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the dawnguard was founded in the second era? maybe we will do so
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Hey, me too. A lot of times I dream things and forget about them, then I’ll be in a situation and suddenly I remember that I dreamed it.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    PRX and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's important that threads like this have a non-spoiler title. A lot of players don't want to know this sort of stuff ahead of time.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    It's important that threads like this have a non-spoiler title. A lot of players don't want to know this sort of stuff ahead of time.

Well its not really a spoiler because they do generally give the locations of where we are heading I believe ahead of time. What would be a spoiler is how the storyline plays out. I don't think Region really matters and it hasn't be confirmed yet what region of Skyrim it will be in but there is a good chance that it could be The Pale. We will get more details later on and hopefully even sooner then the 16th.
    We do know its going to be in one of the holds of Skyrim. Eastmarch and The Rift are already in the game. So that leaves the other Six Holds not including the Reach given its an independent state basically from skyrim and far more powerful in a time period where the reachmen do have control over that area and have the power to invade several areas like highrock and even up to the Rift. So they have two out of eight holds in the game well three if you count the dlc dungeon still want to see Falkreathl outside of the dlc dungeon there is lots of stuff they can do with Skyrim.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on January 9, 2020 4:53PM
    PC NA
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the dawnguard was founded in the second era? maybe we will do so

According to the lore it was, I do not think they would be a group of good guys there was many rumors about them I think. But I think they would be either more fanatical or vampires themselves during this time period. But I do think another possiblity a group aligned with the Daedric Prince Meridia and if Meridia is becoming the enemy could be an enemy group and not a good guy group for us. Because I doubt they are a good guy group during this time period. Anyways this is what we know about the dawnguard of this era.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dawnguard
    The Dawnguard traces its origins in the early to mid Second Era. Fort Dawnguard was once a stronghold owned by the Jarl of Riften. The Jarl's son was an adventurer, which proved to be his demise as he had contracted Vampirism. When the Jarl of Riften first came upon the news, he was unable to have his son killed, and so he used his money to build Fort Dawnguard as a prison to hold his son. The hired men that guarded the prison would become the early Dawnguard. The Dawnguard was eventually forced to put him down, which led to the group's banishment from the Rift, but stuck to their cause of vampire hunting.[1] The group would start to use Crossbows with Silver bolts. A weapon that would later be used by the Fighters Guild during the Interregnum.[2] The group would eventually dissolve and fall into obscurity. A rumor was that the group had all contracted vampirism and stalked the Rift until they were all defeated.[3]
    PC NA
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

like this guy?

I'd like a vampire hunter theme if it comes with a new vampire hunter skill line or class. I don't think it will happen though. Fighter's guild was ZOS' the rather unconvincing attempt to put some of that in the game and they even nerfed the undead specific part of it.

Edited by Muizer on January 9, 2020 10:30PM
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Muizer wrote: »

like this guy?

I'd like a vampire hunter theme if it comes with a new vampire hunter skill line or class. I don't think it will happen though. Fighter's guild was ZOS' the rather unconvincing attempt to put some of that in the game and they even nerfed the undead specific part of it.

I don't think he/she was talking about Mel Adrys by the way hes cool if your a vampire. He is also encountered in the Gold Coast. Maybe we will see him again but I don't think he is a member of the Dawnguard more of an independent vampire hunter that is good at his job or something. I think he was talking about an encounter with two npcs named vampire hunter or something.

Templar plus fighters guild fills that void. Though Templar has a ability called vampires bane it just does fire damage and damages everything. So I don't think we would see a vampire hunter skill line. But if that is what the Skyrim chapter is going into who knows what they are going to do.
    We will know more when they officially announce it.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on January 9, 2020 10:42PM
    PC NA
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

like this guy?

Nono not him xD
    These were in grey garb iirc
    should have gotten a screen shot
    this one is sad :*(
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

like this guy?

Nono not him xD
    These were in grey garb iirc
    should have gotten a screen shot
    this one is sad :*(

What location was it? Details please.
    PC NA
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭