The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Ps4 bluescreens, lag and skill delay since February

• DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dude, the majority of the “game sucks” people who invade threads are PC folks. Probably PC EU, where the game is the most broken. PC players are, I’d say, the vast majority of posters here, from my experience. Especially given the number of times we have had to explain that PS4 blue screen is not PC BSOD.

I haven’t seen a whole ton of the (very few) PS4 folks here “invading” other threads. I had one post before this event where I snarked, and that’s about it. If my little ol’ self is suddenly a whole invading army, then perhaps I’ve missed my true calling.

Otherwise, insinuating that every single “ZOS SUCKS” post on the forum - or even that a majority of them - are coming from the, what, maybe 25-30 PS4 posters here (that’s being generous) is laughable and disingenuous.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unseelie wrote: »
    Surak73 wrote: »
    Hey all, we have another console incremental currently scheduled for next week on January 16th that will have additional stability updates for PS4.

Mh, this sounds like "We are going to change a bit of code here and a bit there, and we will see what happens".

That is the only way things like this get fixed. Not sure what some of you expect, as if there was just some magic button and "BOOM" everything is fixed.
    Anytime you change any code there can be a ripple effect in other areas of the code.
    People genuinely expecting a "date" that it will be fixed is just laughable. Sometimes multiple layers of code have to be added and tested bit by bit before a change will be noticed but of course the arm chair experts on here seem to think that nobody is working on it at all.

Oh, for sure. Except that you casually forgot to say that this is what should happen in the testing phase, in their faciliities. Don't they have a spare couple of PS4s in order to see if their tinkering has some effect? They really need to publish one patch after another only to know from us that those "solutions" are worth nothing? For more than two months? Seriously?...

"A couple of spare PS4s"
    Some issues do not even appear unless you have hundreds of clients running at the same time, and here I will save you your next half assed post...no they do not have hundreds of PS4s laying around to see if there is some effect. That is why there is a test server.
    Hey all, we have another console incremental currently scheduled for next week on January 16th that will have additional stability updates for PS4.

Mh, this sounds like "We are going to change a bit of code here and a bit there, and we will see what happens".

That is the only way things like this get fixed. Not sure what some of you expect, as if there was just some magic button and "BOOM" everything is fixed.
    Anytime you change any code there can be a ripple effect in other areas of the code.
    People genuinely expecting a "date" that it will be fixed is just laughable. Sometimes multiple layers of code have to be added and tested bit by bit before a change will be noticed but of course the arm chair experts on here seem to think that nobody is working on it at all.

Or, you know, maybe people are just extremely frustrated, because we have been dealing with this for around 2 months now? Some of us have enormous problems with the constant bluescreening, and are essentially paying for a product that we can't reliably use. We have heard the whole "Hey people, we have another patch that will hopefully fix things in, like, a week or so" three or four times now. Every time we keep waiting for the fix, hoping it'll finally help, and every time it does nothing.

I'd say it's perfectly understandable, the PS4 community is on edge by now. And not even just because the whole waiting and hoping is really testing our patience, but also because this is starting to feel a bit like exploitation. Sure ZOS is working on it, yes, but how long do you expect us to keep paying for a game a lot of us can't really play? Should we just trust that things will be alright at some point and keep up our subscriptions, hoping it won't take too long? I think people are absolutely right to doubt things at this point, and maybe even withhold subscribing again until we see results. There are better things you can do with that ESO+ money.

Honestly you have a few choices.
    Stop playing. Stop logging in, stop playing, stop paying + and do something else. When you see reports on the boards and reddit that it has been resolved, then you can decide to come back. If you truly believe that they are ignoring you and not working on it why would you continue to play?
    Or
    Know that they are working on it actively, play and get what enjoyment you can out of it and keep giving feedback, perhaps even hitting the PTR.
    Invading every thread with constant rants about how ZOS sucks and the game is broken or "ESO am doomed amirite??!!" does nothing for anyone and does not make the devs able to fix things any faster.

Yeah, that's exactly what I said, if maybe you'd have bothered to actually read my post instead of just writing your own White Knight rant as a reply. Stopping to play (or pay for ESO+ at least) is the best thing to do right now. What bothers so many people is that ZOS tells us nothing of the sort, which would probably be the honest answer at this point. But no, they basically make us promises to keep us playing (and paying) that never come true. That has nothing to do with ignoring, it's more of a deliberate try to make things seem better than they actually are.

Also where do you see us "invading every thread"? This thread and others where these issues have been discussed deal with the bluescreen problem specifically. What else do you expect us to talk about here?

Also, just because I'm interested: Are you even on PS4? Is this an issue you personally deal with? Or are you just tired of the PS4 peasants complaining about their annoying bluescreens?

Both for now, until they one day (heh) allow moving PS4 accounts to PC because I have too much invested in my PS4 account.
    That being said i play mostly on PC now.
    When I refer to invading threads I am referring to all of the times there is a "Wow I am really excited about this event, I have been having so much fun" post and then three replys in "ZOS SUCKS GAME BROKEN THEY DO NOT CARE BOOOOOOOOO" and it happens constantly. I am not referring to threads for the issue though I would believe that these would be more productive in the tech support thread.

Are you seriously suggesting, that all of those "ZOS sucks" rants come from PS4 people who are frustrated about the bluescreening? If so, I don't even know what to tell you, that's really a bit wild as assumptions go. I'll freely admit that I have made a snide remark or two in unrelated threads about the bluescreening, when it seemed fitting - but that's about it, a remark. Nothing that was meant to derail the thread or even spark a conversation about it, I generally try to stay on topic of the threads I post in. And it was certainly nothing along the lines of "OMG, ZOS bad, ZOS can't do anything right, game's broken, yadda yadda". Honestly can't say that I've seen the others I recognize as PS4 players by now trying to incite discussions in non-PS4 threads either. As DragonRacer already pointed out, those rants usually come from the PC population, which makes up the vast majority of forum users, too.

And, really, as someone who has another platform they play on, you might not really understand the gravity of this issue. It's easy for you to say "Well, if it doesn't work, go do something else", because you can still play on PC. But I'll assume that most of us PS4 gamers are dedicated to their console for obvious reasons, like having a friendlist (not ESO-specific, but our general Playstation-friendlist) and other games that work normally, so we won't go and buy a gaming-PC just for ESO. I personally can also say that I wouldn't want to effectively reset my progress by switching to another platform, I have invested a bit too much money and time into my account by now. So, a simple "if it doesn't work, don't log in" doesn't quite do this problem justice.

Edited for typo.
    Edited by CassandraGemini on January 13, 2020 1:48AM
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    But no, they basically make us promises to keep us playing (and paying) that never come true. That has nothing to do with ignoring, it's more of a deliberate try to make things seem better than they actually are.

This is exactly how Zenimax operates often, they also ignore completely sometimes when they try to avoid unwanted attention for some issues they have caused themselves.

• xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, the majority of the “game sucks” people who invade threads are PC folks. Probably PC EU, where the game is the most broken. PC players are, I’d say, the vast majority of posters here, from my experience. Especially given the number of times we have had to explain that PS4 blue screen is not PC BSOD.

I haven’t seen a whole ton of the (very few) PS4 folks here “invading” other threads. I had one post before this event where I snarked, and that’s about it. If my little ol’ self is suddenly a whole invading army, then perhaps I’ve missed my true calling.

Otherwise, insinuating that every single “ZOS SUCKS” post on the forum - or even that a majority of them - are coming from the, what, maybe 25-30 PS4 posters here (that’s being generous) is laughable and disingenuous.

I’m gunna avoid DragonRacer in Cyro from now on....
    Truly a 1Man Zerg

B)
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't believe you. How many times have we heard something along these lines? Three? Four?

Each time there's zero improvement. If you can't guarantee the stability of your game on PS4, just pull it from the store and focus on the PC version. -.-

Maybe it's the ps4 and not eso at this point. Xb has issues but no blue screen. Same for pc, hell it might even be something sony did not catch.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RedGirl41 wrote: »
    The last update we got was “in January “ do we have a date for this update?

Nope. Blue screens on PS4 have become a feature by now.

I got a PS4 Pro on Black Friday and was pretty annoyed when the system froze playing The Last of Us. I love PS exclusives, but always prepare myself for such drama. Was probably even more fun for unlucky Anthem players who bricked their PS4.
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert still getting 15+ bluescreens a day
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno the game is called elder scrolls and I’ve bluescreened 2x during a fight over scrolls in pvp. Along with all of my guild mates at least once each during this fight.
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp, the dreaded loading into a trial crash is back. Gg Zos!!
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, so the patch didn't fix anything.

We are still crashing (console blue screen), freezing during trials and some people have the frozen load screen while trying to port to trials.

I give up.
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is why there is a test server.
    There is no PTS for consoles.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Failed to add any stability. You maybe get about an hour of PvP before it fails as usual. Seriously, there was no noticeable difference at all.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_SarahHecker PS4Pro NA Cyrodill last night - Minor improvements but crashes to dashboard still happening, with loss of coldfire weaponry etc.

It still feels like a memory leak. One time after about 90 minutes of play last night, I left my character idling inside a keep for 7-8 minutes, no action and no fighting nearby, while I grabbed a snack. As I was returning, game crashed without me even touching the controller. The usual CE-34878-0 error.

It just seems whatever you're doing, over time the pressure builds in the game client until it blows chunks. The more action you've been in, the faster it'll puke. But after a restart, the game is smooth as glass even in heavy fighting. I really hope you can chase this down and fix it.

Edit: I'll also mention that in the past, if I proactively force-close the application on the PS4 about once an hour at a convenient time, I'll never bluescreen. Further evidence maybe that this is an "over time" problem more than just a heavy fighting problem...

Edited by dotme on January 17, 2020 3:48PM
    PS4NA
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crashing at startup now. Great job Zos, typical bandaid fixes implemented, they peeled right off. Doubt there'll be any additional patches until your supposed big Q1 imaginary fix, but seriously, someone higher up needs to check in on whoever is "fixing" shite around there.
  • BisDasBlutGefriert
    BisDasBlutGefriert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Band-aids on a bullet wound
    ~There’s a positive in every negative. Sometimes the positive is harder to find than other times, but there is ALWAYS one there~
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here we are still getting them on the 17th cant even get it fixed for an full day this is sad for an game this big with in the gaming community

Wait out any 1hr q time to play for 15 minutes only to get kicked back to town to wait out an 125 q now good mini game we got going here
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on January 18, 2020 1:42AM
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Any other industry and there would be millions of $$$ in lawsuits, why are game developers able to avoid this and make paying customers wait months for a patch fix for a defective product?

• Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    Any other industry and there would be millions of $$$ in lawsuits, why are game developers able to avoid this and make paying customers wait months for a patch fix for a defective product?

Months pvp on PS4 NA has been this way for YEARS its just worse then ever now
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here iam re logging in for the 5th time in 5 hrs so less its down from 3 an hr to just 1 per but still not good
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missed the hr mark by 4 minutes this time :( this is getting sad
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on January 18, 2020 7:24AM
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't really tell a difference myself.

Please don't give up on it and just hope that with the redownload of the game soon fixes or minizine the issue or we just accept it as the way things are.
  • Gadget4
    Gadget4
    ✭✭✭
    Made further adjustments on the backend to reduce the chance of crashing in crowded areas.

This quote from the patch notes, reduce the chance of crashing tells me that the devs haven’t got a clue how to fix the PS4 CTD .. they’re just messing around once in a while, hoping something will work.

Further to that, crashing in crowded areas, I’ve been alone farming nodes, collecting surveys etc., maybe seeing one other person in 20mins ... blue screen/CTD ... am I to believe that butterflies count toward an area being crowded ?!

As for Cyrodiil, I’m suffering a blue screen/CTD every 20mins ... if Midyear Mayhem goes ahead ... well, what would be the actual point in it going ahead when the game is in such a dire mess ?!

PS4 Pro EU
    PS5 EU (UK)
    PS5 NA
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The increase in game crashes on PS4 started with Dragonhold. Perhaps that’s just a coincidence but I feel like something in that code is what’s causing it. Only thing incan think of thats different than any other zone is the addition of a grappling tool. That house item you earn from Dragonhold achievement glitches out. Maybe they are all related?
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Jan 16th? I played on the evening of the 16th and got stuck in a forever load screen after about 30 mins in cyrodiil. I killed the game and played something else.

My eso plus runs out on 28th, it will not be renewed. This game is utterly broken, on PS4 at least I can't comment on the other platforms.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can we ever expect a fix to that problem?

If you enable mayhem with the game in such state, there will be riots.
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 pro.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can we ever expect a fix to that problem?

You mean, the idea behind Mid-year Mayhem ISN'T to blue screen every 10 minutes?
    Huh.....

At this point, players should be getting a achievement for blue screens, like "Sucker" for logging in and immediately getting a blue screen, or "Don't you get it, we don't consider you valuable customers" for your 10th blue screen of the day.

At this point, you have to seriously ask yourselves if this frustration is worth it?

With this and the lackluster chapter upcoming, I know my personal answer.....
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apologies if this is a dumb suggestion but does the problem occur when playing in 1080p?

I used to have a problem in a number of games, most notably NMS, when playing in 4K. It never affected true PS4-exclusives like HZD or God of War. If I switched to 1080p I didn't get the blue screens.

My personal permanent fix was to buy an Xbox One X but I appreciate that's anathema to a lot of PS4 fans.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On Xbox I'd honestly say it's worse since the patch this week.

I used to crash 2-3 times an hour in pvp, this week it's been 4-5.

This morning, I did writs on two characters (client open a whopping 10 minutes at this point) and then it crashed on the character select screwn when I tried to loft into my third. That's never happened before.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's unpleasant. I did 24 crafting writs this morning (as in, collecting the writs before 6am then doing them and coming back for the post-6am batch) without issue.

I don't get crashes... I've been kicked out of the game but I haven't seen a crash, or not that I recall. But I don't want to hijack a PS4 thread, just hoped to offer a suggestion.
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    There has been the promise to fix the performance issues before next Mayhem goes live. Lack of performance was the reason why last Midyear Mayhem was cancelled according to this official posting:
    In light of our ongoing work to improve game performance and the Activity Finder, we are holding the Midyear Mayhem event until next year to ensure that the player experience is a good one. In its place, we are moving forward the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood Celebration Event, which will run from July 2 to July 15, and will give players the chance to earn the Event Tickets needed to start the Onyx Indrik mount evolution.
    This quote is from June 2019. Dragonhold released on consoles in November 2019. The constant crashes on consoles were introduced with Dragonhold so in short: The performance problems on consoles have increased since the time of the quoted message. How can Mayhem be set on schedule now when the very same event has been cancelled for less critical performance issues with the promise to increase performance before restarting Mayhem?