The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ps4 bluescreens, lag and skill delay since February

RedGirl41
RedGirl41
✭✭✭✭
The last update we got was “in January “ do we have a date for this update? The last patch to fix ps4 did actually nothing. People bluescreen 10+ times a day. Looking to see if they have an actual game plan to fix this

Edit: bluescreens are semi fixed. Still get multiple ones per day but not nearly as many. BUT now cyrodiil has such insane lag and skill delay it’s almost impossible to play in Kaal. This is effecting everyone. It’s all over zone chat and guilds, not just people with poor connection

Edit x2: Incase you guys didn’t know, ps4 has been dealing with game crashes (bluescreens) since NOVEMBER. We got a patch in the beginning of feb that fixed it probably 70%, many people still bluescreen. Now we’ve had about a month of severe lag and skill delay so terrible that nobody takes damage or can really do anything

vvvvv This video is of March 2, 2020. vvvvv

https://youtu.be/Lv6X8x1tU1k

Edit 3x: the skill delay began for console the first week of feb when the bluescreen patch was added. Sometimes pvp works but rarely. Ur attacks don’t go off, half the time u are stuck in animation or just standing still. Sometimes ur stam drains nonstop and only fixes if you drain it all or close app. Sometimes you have CC break bug where I can spam break free nonstop till I have no stam. Still no word on the skill delay fix for console
Edited by RedGirl41 on May 29, 2020 1:21PM
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trials and Cyrodiil are an absolute joke. It's to the point where I now make up funny 1 line memes taking shots at ZoS and include it in the crash report. It won't do anything, but it makes me feel better. Even renamed a character of mine to 'Blue Screens Hourly'; yeah, it's that bad...
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blue screens? I don't even get common courtesy of that anymore. My ps4 just freezes at the load screen after pressing square to respawn and I have to manually close the game. I rather have blue screens because the game automatically closes for you. Its a better feature.
  • Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭
    RedGirl41 wrote: »
    The last update we got was “in January “ do we have a date for this update?

Nope. Blue screens on PS4 have become a feature by now.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diminish wrote: »
    Even renamed a character of mine to 'Blue Screens Hourly'; yeah, it's that bad...

I think I saw you running around. I laughed so hard!

Then I blue screened...and cried...😭
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just like animation canceling Blue screens are something that cannot be fixed there here to stay inless they do an full make over to there trash coding thats been patchworked to many times with to much trash in the patching and any patch they try will fail due to it
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iv'e blue screens while at crafting tables in Vivec at crowded times (again...), while changing char and/or while changing servers... Or even while doing nothing special at all in a not crowded area...
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Gadget4
    Gadget4
    ✭✭✭
    Surak73 wrote: »

Then that feature seriously needs a nerf

A lot of PS4 EU players are at the end of their tether now, & tbh, if a permanent fix isn’t forthcoming, I myself will stop playing .. the consistent blue screen/CTD drains whatever enjoyment I’m getting from playing ESO lately.

The blue screen/CTD always starts at 120mins for me, then it can happen again from 20mins up to 75mins, after that it happens consistently, but varies from between 20mins & 30mins.
    .. Occasionally the Ouroboros will freeze too, in which case I’ll have PS-quit & restart ESO .. something which happens maybe twice a day.

No more delays, no more bs, no more events until a permanent fix is in place.
    PS5 EU (UK)
    PS5 NA
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all honesty I doubt ZOS has a game plan and I doubt they can even fix the problem. But, they are not going to tell you that.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    12th of never

:wink:
    (after the nth failed attempt, like the the activity finder)
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure the devs are working on it right now.
    Pointing-the-Finger.jpg
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    In all honesty I doubt ZOS has a game plan and I doubt they can even fix the problem. But, they are not going to tell you that.

^ This. I'm pretty much done believing that this is going to go away anytime soon. If ever.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno its January 10th. You keep adding events and ps4 people are still bluescreening nonstop. No freaking stop. You are adding double ap next week and you haven’t fixed one thing. At least give us ability to transfer to pc if you never fix anything on ps4

Oh and dungeon queue finder still broken too. So that’s great
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, we have another console incremental currently scheduled for next week on January 16th that will have additional stability updates for PS4.
    Staff Post
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please God let it work. I blue screen or am stuck on a endless load screen at least once an hour.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How months has this been going on?
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gadget4 wrote: »

A lot of PS4 EU players are at the end of their tether now, & tbh, if a permanent fix isn’t forthcoming, I myself will stop playing .. the consistent blue screen/CTD drains whatever enjoyment I’m getting from playing ESO lately.

The blue screen/CTD always starts at 120mins for me, then it can happen again from 20mins up to 75mins, after that it happens consistently, but varies from between 20mins & 30mins.
    .. Occasionally the Ouroboros will freeze too, in which case I’ll have PS-quit & restart ESO .. something which happens maybe twice a day.

sounds like your console is overheating, tbh.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

Since the Dragonhold update. That’s when it all went sideways.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Every single one of us? And only since after one particular update?

Heck of a coincidence and/or mass hallucination.

PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

Since the Dragonhold update. That’s when it all went sideways.

That's insane.
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to personally hold my breath until I see some proof.
    But I can almost guarantee this will not fix the issue and require yet another patch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm4Rll9axkQ

ZOS hard at work fixing the problem :D
    Edited by SocialAssassin on January 11, 2020 8:13AM
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Every single one of us? And only since after one particular update?

Heck of a coincidence and/or mass hallucination.
    i was actually addressing a specific symptom not general blue screens. Overheating can cause performance issues and the newer zones are more taxing on a system than the older zones. But a PS4 was never intended to handle a game like ESO. It was made for games that stay in a very defined set of perimeters that players cannot really go outside of. ESO doesnt have such restrictions and thus the PS4 tends to fall on its face when put under such a load.

Checking and cleaning the fan/heat sink/vent on a console wouldnt hurt though.
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, we have another console incremental currently scheduled for next week on January 16th that will have additional stability updates for PS4.

I don't believe you. How many times have we heard something along these lines? Three? Four?

Each time there's zero improvement. If you can't guarantee the stability of your game on PS4, just pull it from the store and focus on the PC version. -.-
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭

Mh, this sounds like "We are going to change a bit of code here and a bit there, and we will see what happens".
  • Unseelie
    Unseelie
    ✭✭✭✭

Mh, this sounds like "We are going to change a bit of code here and a bit there, and we will see what happens".

That is the only way things like this get fixed. Not sure what some of you expect, as if there was just some magic button and "BOOM" everything is fixed.
    Anytime you change any code there can be a ripple effect in other areas of the code.
    People genuinely expecting a "date" that it will be fixed is just laughable. Sometimes multiple layers of code have to be added and tested bit by bit before a change will be noticed but of course the arm chair experts on here seem to think that nobody is working on it at all.
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unseelie wrote: »

That is the only way things like this get fixed. Not sure what some of you expect, as if there was just some magic button and "BOOM" everything is fixed.
    Anytime you change any code there can be a ripple effect in other areas of the code.
    People genuinely expecting a "date" that it will be fixed is just laughable. Sometimes multiple layers of code have to be added and tested bit by bit before a change will be noticed but of course the arm chair experts on here seem to think that nobody is working on it at all.

Or, you know, maybe people are just extremely frustrated, because we have been dealing with this for around 2 months now? Some of us have enormous problems with the constant bluescreening, and are essentially paying for a product that we can't reliably use. We have heard the whole "Hey people, we have another patch that will hopefully fix things in, like, a week or so" three or four times now. Every time we keep waiting for the fix, hoping it'll finally help, and every time it does nothing.

I'd say it's perfectly understandable, the PS4 community is on edge by now. And not even just because the whole waiting and hoping is really testing our patience, but also because this is starting to feel a bit like exploitation. Sure ZOS is working on it, yes, but how long do you expect us to keep paying for a game a lot of us can't really play? Should we just trust that things will be alright at some point and keep up our subscriptions, hoping it won't take too long? I think people are absolutely right to doubt things at this point, and maybe even withhold subscribing again until we see results. There are better things you can do with that ESO+ money.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• Unseelie
    Unseelie
    ✭✭✭✭

Or, you know, maybe people are just extremely frustrated, because we have been dealing with this for around 2 months now? Some of us have enormous problems with the constant bluescreening, and are essentially paying for a product that we can't reliably use. We have heard the whole "Hey people, we have another patch that will hopefully fix things in, like, a week or so" three or four times now. Every time we keep waiting for the fix, hoping it'll finally help, and every time it does nothing.

I'd say it's perfectly understandable, the PS4 community is on edge by now. And not even just because the whole waiting and hoping is really testing our patience, but also because this is starting to feel a bit like exploitation. Sure ZOS is working on it, yes, but how long do you expect us to keep paying for a game a lot of us can't really play? Should we just trust that things will be alright at some point and keep up our subscriptions, hoping it won't take too long? I think people are absolutely right to doubt things at this point, and maybe even withhold subscribing again until we see results. There are better things you can do with that ESO+ money.

Honestly you have a few choices.
    Stop playing. Stop logging in, stop playing, stop paying + and do something else. When you see reports on the boards and reddit that it has been resolved, then you can decide to come back. If you truly believe that they are ignoring you and not working on it why would you continue to play?
    Or
    Know that they are working on it actively, play and get what enjoyment you can out of it and keep giving feedback, perhaps even hitting the PTR.
    Invading every thread with constant rants about how ZOS sucks and the game is broken or "ESO am doomed amirite??!!" does nothing for anyone and does not make the devs able to fix things any faster.
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stop playing. Stop logging in, stop playing, stop paying + and do something else. When you see reports on the boards and reddit that it has been resolved, then you can decide to come back. If you truly believe that they are ignoring you and not working on it why would you continue to play?
    Or
    Know that they are working on it actively, play and get what enjoyment you can out of it and keep giving feedback, perhaps even hitting the PTR.
    Invading every thread with constant rants about how ZOS sucks and the game is broken or "ESO am doomed amirite??!!" does nothing for anyone and does not make the devs able to fix things any faster.

Yeah, that's exactly what I said, if maybe you'd have bothered to actually read my post instead of just writing your own White Knight rant as a reply. Stopping to play (or pay for ESO+ at least) is the best thing to do right now. What bothers so many people is that ZOS tells us nothing of the sort, which would probably be the honest answer at this point. But no, they basically make us promises to keep us playing (and paying) that never come true. That has nothing to do with ignoring, it's more of a deliberate try to make things seem better than they actually are.

Also where do you see us "invading every thread"? This thread and others where these issues have been discussed deal with the bluescreen problem specifically. What else do you expect us to talk about here?

Also, just because I'm interested: Are you even on PS4? Is this an issue you personally deal with? Or are you just tired of the PS4 peasants complaining about their annoying bluescreens?

• Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh, for sure. Except that you casually forgot to say that this is what should happen in the testing phase, in their faciliities. Don't they have a spare couple of PS4s in order to see if their tinkering has some effect? They really need to publish one patch after another only to know from us that those "solutions" are worth nothing? For more than two months? Seriously?...
  • Unseelie
    Unseelie
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh, for sure. Except that you casually forgot to say that this is what should happen in the testing phase, in their faciliities. Don't they have a spare couple of PS4s in order to see if their tinkering has some effect? They really need to publish one patch after another only to know from us that those "solutions" are worth nothing? For more than two months? Seriously?...

"A couple of spare PS4s"
    Some issues do not even appear unless you have hundreds of clients running at the same time, and here I will save you your next half assed post...no they do not have hundreds of PS4s laying around to see if there is some effect. That is why there is a test server.

Or

Yeah, that's exactly what I said, if maybe you'd have bothered to actually read my post instead of just writing your own White Knight rant as a reply. Stopping to play (or pay for ESO+ at least) is the best thing to do right now. What bothers so many people is that ZOS tells us nothing of the sort, which would probably be the honest answer at this point. But no, they basically make us promises to keep us playing (and paying) that never come true. That has nothing to do with ignoring, it's more of a deliberate try to make things seem better than they actually are.

Also where do you see us "invading every thread"? This thread and others where these issues have been discussed deal with the bluescreen problem specifically. What else do you expect us to talk about here?

Also, just because I'm interested: Are you even on PS4? Is this an issue you personally deal with? Or are you just tired of the PS4 peasants complaining about their annoying bluescreens?

Both for now, until they one day (heh) allow moving PS4 accounts to PC because I have too much invested in my PS4 account.
    That being said i play mostly on PC now.
    When I refer to invading threads I am referring to all of the times there is a "Wow I am really excited about this event, I have been having so much fun" post and then three replys in "ZOS SUCKS GAME BROKEN THEY DO NOT CARE BOOOOOOOOO" and it happens constantly. I am not referring to threads for the issue though I would believe that these would be more productive in the tech support thread.
    Edited by Unseelie on January 12, 2020 9:57PM
  • Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭
    "A couple of spare PS4s"
    Some issues do not even appear unless you have hundreds of clients running at the same time

Ok. This makes pretty obvious that you don't even have any idea about the issue we are talking about here and its scale.