The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

a change id like to see to snipe

• Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fix the d-sync reduce range other than that its all good
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭

reducing the range would kinda make it less of a snipe

question. is the cast time for snipe the same at close range and at long range?
    same question for other projectiles. it makes sense for the projectile to have a travel time but I'm not sure that it does.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    heavier wrote: »

same question for other projectiles. it makes sense for the projectile to have a travel time but I'm not sure that it does.

range is OP at mo some players have a 42m range needs reducing in line with other ranged skills to 28m
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭

range is OP at mo some players have a 42m range needs reducing in line with other ranged skills to 28m

I really don't see this being an issue if they didn't speed up the projectile to make the cast time to be the same at these ranges. that's part of why it feels broken, it's way harder to dodge something travelling 4x as fast as it should.
    correct me if I'm wrong here
    Edited by heavier on January 9, 2020 11:12PM
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I really don't see this being an issue if they didn't speed up the projectile to make the cast time to be the same at these ranges. that's part of why it feels broken, it's way harder to dodge something travelling 4x as fast as it should.

got me there, if the fixed the travel time then range wouldnt be an issue no
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they could make the actual arrow be a big glowing light that would be good.

May actually see it as it hits instead of 5s later when it rapid fires and hits me 5 times instantly and then hear it.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GRXRG wrote: »
    It should be removed from the game, it causes desyncs and it promotes lazy garbage gameplay. We have 10 skills at our disposal to press, it's a dang MMO, you can't allow 1 freaking single to be spammed and kill people, 1 button pressed without effort or skill involved.
    Make the range 20 meters or damage 50% reduction, fix the desync and I'm fine with it.

Should we also remove frags and dark flare since bothe have a cast time too?

Snipe does not cause the desyncs... the lag exists in this game since a guy thought it was a good idea to use bots in PvP
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just to clear things up:
    and show the Truth of what happens for us archers in pvp right now:

1) you allready DO have to keep the crosshair EXACTLY on the target or it cancels your snipe cast.
    if you even slightly loose Exact crosshair on the target it WILL cancel your snipe.
    that allready exists in the game

2) cast time on snipe is too slow right now AND its Damage is too low for it to even be damage enough to kill people as equally as the other weapons of choice in pvp.
    it Does need to be a Faster snipe casting for it to be usefull enough for fair fights in pvp.

Edited by Gilvoth on January 10, 2020 8:17PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok i have officially joined the delete snipe club after attempting a 1v1 only to be desynced by 2 snipers.

everything i have said up till now is disregarded.
    i am done.
    it needs to go.

a skill that is like that is not fair on us solo players. we spend so much time and effort in a fight only to be desynced.

again:
    just to be clear on this subject:

what you are saying about snipe in this i have quoted you above ^
    that same thing you said about snipe skill CAN be said about ANY skill or weapon in eso.

the thing you are referring to is from Lagg and High Ping.

Edited by Gilvoth on January 10, 2020 8:15PM
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    It should be removed while they fix the desynch. Its stupid to see in combat metrics 6x6kb in a 1 second combat
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GRXRG wrote: »
    It should be removed from the game, it causes desyncs and it promotes lazy garbage gameplay. We have 10 skills at our disposal to press, it's a dang MMO, you can't allow 1 freaking single to be spammed and kill people, 1 button pressed without effort or skill involved.
    Make the range 20 meters or damage 50% reduction, fix the desync and I'm fine with it.

Totally agree, worst skill ever. No risk at all using it and takes no skill to use at all, if its going to be in the game they should nerf it back to how it was a couple of patches ago. It was absolutely useless then and it deserves to be.