The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

1vX debunked

StackonClown
StackonClown
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi,

I'm curious about the whole 1vX concept - essentially anyone can 1vX any time they want - just go solo a whole bunch of overland mobs :)
Has anyone show they are a Real 1vX expert, by taking on 3-5+ world top PVP players ?
Maybe a proper 1vX tournament?

This would then be real 1vX, otherwise the rest is false advertising, and self promotion - just call it 1vnoob and fine, we can have a laugh.
Anyway, it seems the whole 1vX narcissism seems to have mainly gone away - any idea why ??

Staxx
  • Unseelie
    Unseelie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Color me curious, but isn't there a pvp forum where this would probably fit in better?
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why?

I seen so many post of people putting videos of their famous 1vX - so lets see some real 1vX not fake potato stuff?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The majority of 1vX in Cyrodiil relies on pulling the X apart via LOS or chokepoints into a series of 1v1s or 1v2s. Most experienced PVPers don't let themselves be drawn out that way and instead fight the 1vXer on ground of their own choosing.

That being said, it wasn't always like this. But around Morrowind, ZOS decided they didn't like genuine 1vX being possible and decided to nerf that playstyle as much as they could. So old-school 1vX playstyles like the Blazeplar bit the dust during the sustain nerfs.
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or try playing a bomber. There are some nice examples on youtube.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFm_er6-0Qw
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Unseelie wrote: »
    Color me curious, but isn't there a pvp forum where this would probably fit in better?

You could look at the list of forums and see that no, there is not a dedicated PvP forum, and never has been afaik. This is why general is full of PvP whining, becuase there's no forum for the mods to hide it in.
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoraxFlux wrote: »
    Or try playing a bomber. There are some nice examples on youtube.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFm_er6-0Qw

Duude! thats epic - ok not really 1 v top player vX but thats a bulldozer!
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭

is there? ye ok
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duude! thats epic - ok not really 1 v top player vX but thats a bulldozer!

That bulldozer has got counterplay though, but it's pretty impressive when it can be pulled off.

• StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the abilities those guys are using apart from detonate?
  • Unseelie
    Unseelie
    ✭✭✭✭

You could look at the list of forums and see that no, there is not a dedicated PvP forum, and never has been afaik. This is why general is full of PvP whining, becuase there's no forum for the mods to hide it in.

Not sure if serious...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/PvP-combat-skills

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/dueling
    Edited by Unseelie on December 24, 2019 3:00AM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1VX is so dependent on who happens to be in the X group that yes its mostly done to pvers that come into pvp for transgems not actually pvp groups that is built for fighting so its really lost its flavor in open world pvp and now its about what zerg can bluescreen the other 1st to win an war
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1VX is so dependent on who happens to be in the X group that yes its mostly done to pvers that come into pvp for transgems not actually pvp groups that is built for fighting so its really lost its flavor in open world pvp and now its about what zerg can bluescreen the other 1st to win an war

No but I mean has there ever been a 1vX tournament ?
    i.e. 1 person who wants to 1vX versus 4-5 top tier PVP players ?
    Would'nt that be real 1vX?

I mean if a world champion boxer wanted to do 1vX, then they would be wanting to fight 4 or 5 world class boxers, not some kids who have no idea ??
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This happens to be an instruction video, so they discuss it pretty much all, frontbar and backbar skills included, if you're interested, then the video can provide :)

Gn8 and enjoy.

• StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoraxFlux wrote: »

This happens to be an instruction video, so they discuss it pretty much all, frontbar and backbar skills included, if you're interested, then the video can provide :)

Gn8 and enjoy.

ok thanks will do! - Im at work so was watching without sound :)
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Not sure if serious...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/PvP-combat-skills

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/dueling

Huh, I never scroll down that far. Which brings up a good point: why do the mods move any topic even REMOTELY related to something that has a single dedicated forum, but never move any of the PvP topics?

Maybe it's the same reason as why this comment will get edited for baiting, while the comments that will hurl personal instults (against forum rules) are left even if reported.
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I chose the general discussion since I dont even think 1vX is a thing in PVP - its 1vnoob or lets see someone take on 4-5 top tier PVPers.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No but I mean has there ever been a 1vX tournament ?
    i.e. 1 person who wants to 1vX versus 4-5 top tier PVP players ?
    Would'nt that be real 1vX?

I mean if a world champion boxer wanted to do 1vX, then they would be wanting to fight 4 or 5 world class boxers, not some kids who have no idea ??

I get what your saying about wanting to be the best of the best but thats the thing if 1VX against top players ever went down 99.9% of the time X would win so no an actually top tier 1vX will never happen
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well i was a bit disappointed and felt 1vX was click bait and self promotion by fighting potatoes :)
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings!

We have moved this thread to the correct section.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well i was a bit disappointed and felt 1vX was click bait and self promotion by fighting potatoes :)

And how is that different than most content that is on YouTube? Is that surprising to you?
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Removed Quotes]

Same reason players post any video TO LOOK GOOD TO OTHERS WATCHING 😆 😆 😆 seems some actually care what others think of them more then the act it self hell i had someone showcase an video of them killing me while just jumping around on the bridge using no skills at all like it ment something they got the kill 100's if not more have that same video because for over an year all i did was jump around on that same bridge for FUN 😆 😆 😆
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on December 26, 2019 3:35PM
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »

And how is that different than most content that is on YouTube? Is that surprising to you?

Very different to most content
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It surprises me that you don't see that most content creators use click bait strategies and self promotion to get more viewers.
    Edited by TBois on December 24, 2019 3:42AM

PC/NA

Youtube
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It surprises me that you don't see that most content creators use click bait strategies and self promotion to get more viewers.

Thanks for letting me know you got surprised,
    A lot of what I watch in youtube is informational, hobby based etc - will very little self promotion - but youtube has billions of videos!
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for letting me know you got surprised,
    A lot of what I watch in youtube is informational, hobby based etc - will very little self promotion - but youtube has billions of videos!

Sorry, that seemed to be the point of the thread.

Edit: Also if you are looking for informational eso pvp videos you should use "build video" as a search term.
    Edited by TBois on December 24, 2019 3:54AM

PC/NA

Youtube
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why it should be a surprise the 1 is more skilled than the X. That's kind of the point. If you are 1vXing equally skilled players you are either using something beyond broken or they lagged out.

The first step to not getting 1vX'd is seeing one about to happen. If you chase that speedy stam build around a tower, you deserve the shalk/dawnbreaker/executioner you are about to get laid in your face.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol I've done that before. Logged onto alts that didn't even have full sets of gear on just to get the teir one reward gems.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    I'm not sure why it should be a surprise the 1 is more skilled than the X. That's kind of the point. If you are 1vXing equally skilled players you are either using something beyond broken or they lagged out.

The first step to not getting 1vX'd is seeing one about to happen. If you chase that speedy stam build around a tower, you deserve the shalk/dawnbreaker/executioner you are about to get laid in your face.

This is so true. Most players that spend any time PvPing know there are a great many in Cyrodiil and even BGs that are way to easy to defeat and posting videos of those 1vX fights are just players stroking their ego because they think defeating a few easy targets is a big deal.
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

I'm curious about the whole 1vX concept - essentially anyone can 1vX any time they want - just go solo a whole bunch of overland mobs :)
    Has anyone show they are a Real 1vX expert, by taking on 3-5+ world top PVP players ?
    Maybe a proper 1vX tournament?

This would then be real 1vX, otherwise the rest is false advertising, and self promotion - just call it 1vnoob and fine, we can have a laugh.
    Anyway, it seems the whole 1vX narcissism seems to have mainly gone away - any idea why ??

Staxx

1vX is possible because of the CP system, bad or new players either dont have a lot of CP or have it allocated wrong or inefficiently. Its possible because of these things, I only 1vX or use to I havent played in quite sometime because the game is terrible now but I know I cant take on 3 or 5 actual good players with meta builds on. Game isnt built that way, first it would take way to long setup a burst by running one of them out of resources while they do the same to me along with 3 or 4 others. So it just wont work, nothing will happen. Stalemate waiting to happen, everyone knows you can only 1vX pugs, new, or bad players. Non cp wont allow you to 1vX either because the game is at a ratio when it comes to CP. A good player has 12.08% into a damage type for mag or stam in CP and the opposing player has 12.08% in hardy or ele defender. (This is a simplified model) So in essence they just cancel each other out. Its done throughout the board on CP. So by going into no CP sustain just gets worse, damage stays at the same ratio between good players. I dont have 12.08% of damage increase and they dont have any defense of 12.08% either. It just stays at 1 ratio only sustain suffers in no CP. Pugs, new, and bad players dont do the same thing. Either they dont have enough CP to stand a chance because I have flat damage increases and sustain values more then they could possibly have, I can take on multiple types of these players at once. They probably dont have enough into damaging while I have more into resistance(critical or regular) so I have the upper hand there, they also dont have enough defense in the red tree against my damage in the blue trees so I again have the upper hand allowing me to take on multiple players like these ending up 3 of them together have the combined CP for it to be a push against my CP finally. So 3 pugs with bad or not enough CP match 1 good players CP making 1vX possible:) So lets use a more simplified model for this. If we rate how they spend CP and build against me out of 10 I would be at a 10. A pug would be at like a 3.33 due to not allocating it correctly or not having enough. A Good players with CP cap would also be a 10. So it would take 3 pugs at 3.33 out of 10 to reach my 10 and finally CP cancels each other out in this sense. The good player is already a 10 and so am I so it only takes 1 to cancel my CP out this way as well. CP is why 1vX is possible;) Hope this answers your question:)
    Edited by Zelos on December 24, 2019 6:42AM
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    1vX is usually 1 players against by far worse players and that's it.
    Might be the exception where 1 guy is able to take down maybe 2 or 3 5stars players, but only if they are semi afk or not focusing the fight, or getting ganked from stealth.
    If you find another player who is on your same skill level it's already a tough fight and I doubt you can win against 2.
    In No-CP from what I see it's impossible to pull out a 1vX unless the enemies run full pve gear.
    Another term could be 1vZerglings, they get baited to follow you and individually they are wrecked because zerglings are generally crap players who get kills outnumbering and in the safety of their group, and so if you take them individually one by one they are garbage and die in few skills.

For example in battlegrounds when I started the game there was those guys able to kill me even if I 2vs1 them and I didn't know how. Right now I have bit more experience and I never found a single guy able to kill me and one my teammates in a 2vs1 against him, at best he is able to survive and run anyway, but not to kill us both (unless gank or if I'm semi afk checking my phone).