The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Wanna talk about lots of things.

Fajin
Fajin
✭✭✭
1. I'm not happy with me not being able to transfer from steam to the non steam version. I know it's kinda fair to buy the game 2nd time because it is considered a second platform, or so I think, but I have poured so much money into this game that it really does become unfair that I need to spend more (+my currency to dollar ratio is pretty god damn low, so I have REALLY poured a lot of money into this game)
2. I think I've already made a post about this but It feels like there's not enough collectibles in this game. Yeah we have dyes, some polymorphs, mementos, motifs and a single mount. It seems like a lot already but waht if I'm not interested in getting furniture or mementos or motifs? What If I want more mounts or pets? Well I should go duck myself and pay more money! Like quite a lot of my friends left because they had nothing to do in the game.
3. Do we need higher difficulties? This is kinda related to my previous point and even though veteran is darn hard some people may find it unfulfilling anymore. Should this game have something more like Veteran+? And I'm not talking about enemies being harder to kill in the sense of stats, I'm talking about more mechanics and maybe more rewarding loot. Like all good loot that we have
is some equipment items + fricking collectibles lol.(and there isn't much of them, precisely not ones I want to collect) I want some artifacts or legendaries! Make the loot epic feel again!
4. New armor? Maybe not more like the number of them but the new interesting types? Maybe add some artifacts or new ways to upgrade your items.
5. Are achievements still not account wide? Because some achievements feel ridicolous to get again like the one for fencing 1 000 000 gold worth of stuff.
6. Any way to compare player progress? I think it was discussed a lot here, but really how can I compare myself to someone except for looking at their cp? I know you can "ask" but some people semm to not notice or intentionally ignore. Yes this might lead to toxicity, but this is not WoW xD I don't think there would be much. Plus you can always report players.
7. Is group finder still broken? Maybe then adapt it to give you rewards for entering dungeons manually? Like event rewards will count for doing them manually and the "daily random dungeon" could be a quest with randomizer. I don't think it's THAT hard to implement, idk tho, not a programmer.

Does this game really have endgame? I'm looking at all those 800+ cp guys and wonder what they are doing lol. (doing those ridicolous achievements for the 100th time maybe :)? )

Feel free to correct me at anything, (if it was added or not I mean, or on my examples) came back to the game 2 days ago after not playing for half a year or maybe even the whole year.
Edited by Fajin on December 13, 2019 10:15AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2. There's a few pets available in game from certain public dungeons or grinding the Murkmire Dailies - those you can also buy the pieces from guild stores. And there's the five Indriks that were available from grinding events from the beginning of the year. There's also the Sunspire Champion senche-lion if you enjoy hard achievements. You might notice a common theme - grinding.

3. The real question is whether or not adding a Vet+ difficulty is profitable enough to be worth the time, effort, and money that ZOS would have to put in to make it happen and to balance it against the rest of the game. If its not, don't expect it to happen.

6. For serious comparisons of player progress as when joining or progressing in an end game guild, you can link an achievement or you can do DPS parses. If on PC, ESO Logs might have something of what you want, though note that everyone there consented to have their data shared.
    Asking politely is always good. IMO, asking politely is far superior to any Inspect feature. If they don't answer, they don't want to tell you. Deal with it?

7. Yes, Groupfinder is still broken.
    Progress on Groupfinder will be updated here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/501838/update-on-undaunted-event

8. ESO's end game at CP 810 is what you want it to be. CP 810 isn't that hard to get if you play a lot, its account wide, and the CP limit hasn't been increased for a long while, so you'll see lots of CP 810 characters doing lots of different things. I got most of my CP from questing even though I mostly PVP these days.
    That being said, the general "End Game" is:
    PVP: Cyrodiil & Battlegrounds
    PVE: Trials & Vet Dungeons
    Options
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you need or want to compare player progression?
    The only real use for this feature is to lock others from doing content by not reaching some ever changing bar.

We already have dps parses to keep things to a "minimum" entry, what is further needed by this that you can't just politely ask for?

MMO's, in my opinion, need less measuring contests...not more. As long as this genres been around, you'd think the playerbase would've learned this simple lesson...the more barriers to entry for content, the faster that content dies out.
    There's a reason this genre is getting smaller and smaller each year. Players love to set themselves above others in an unhealthy way. Not good in a genre that is supposedly about teamwork and a massive amount of players playing together.
    And we see the result. MMO's are few and far between these days...🤷‍♂️

If you can't take a moment to politely ask, is it really all that important?
    Options
  • Fajin
    Fajin
    ✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »
    The only real use for this feature is to lock others from doing content by not reaching some ever changing bar.

Well yes and no, it has a lot of uses, for me personally I just want to se how long people have played the game, or what's their transmog. Yes there will be those hardcore guilds you are talking about but I have noticed a lot of people share your opinion and this community is generally not that toxic, so probably almost no one will care about locking you out of content. Plus almost every MMO has this feature why shouldn't this one have it too?

Like look at warframe for example, it has master ranks it is basically a core gameplay feature and it both does and doesn not show how good you are. It shows because you need to lvl up your weapons and warframes to get your MR higher and it doesn't because past MR 16 I think (There are 28-29) all of the content is unlocked. It's kinda same with ESO, where you have sets but some of the good ones are easily craftable or farmable from World bosses + dolmens. Maybe if the balance of this game was more spread out, so that a lot of sets are good, and creative builds are rewarded (Warframe has this), then inspect wouldn't be that harmful.

I also don't really see people flaming you for "how bad you are", just flex back on them with something like "I have a work and a family you ***" or say something like "I'm getting there" or straight up ignore them, easy as that.

I don't really understand why people are so closed in on themselves in this game, don't you want to shine with your achievements on others? Additionally I have seen people have almost the same response when someone suggested previewing player's housing and a lot of people were saying "I don't wanna people steal my stuff" or "I don't want people to look at my things". I honestly do not understand why people think like that? Don't they like recieving complements? And if they get [snip] on just ignore, again.

P.S I've also seen somebody compare player inspect with [snip] which is fricking ridiculous.

[Edit for profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on December 13, 2019 12:01AM
    Options
  • naturebased
    naturebased
    ✭✭✭
    98% percent of players cant do vet trials, so i dont think we need vet+ trials...
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fajin wrote: »

Well yes and no, it has a lot of uses, for me personally I just want to se how long people have played the game, or what's their transmog. Yes there will be those hardcore guilds you are talking about but I have noticed a lot of people share your opinion and this community is generally not that toxic, so probably almost no one will care about locking you out of content. Plus almost every MMO has this feature why shouldn't this one have it too?

Like look at warframe for example, it has master ranks it is basically a core gameplay feature and it both does and doesn not show how good you are. It shows because you need to lvl up your weapons and warframes to get your MR higher and it doesn't because past MR 16 I think (There are 28-29) all of the content is unlocked. It's kinda same with ESO, where you have sets but some of the good ones are easily craftable or farmable from World bosses + dolmens. Maybe if the balance of this game was more spread out, so that a lot of sets are good, and creative builds are rewarded (Warframe has this), then inspect wouldn't be that harmful.

I also don't really see people flaming you for "how bad you are", just flex back on them with something like "I have a work and a family you ***" or say something like "I'm getting there" or straight up ignore them, easy as that.

I don't really understand why people are so closed in on themselves in this game, don't you want to shine with your achievements on others? Additionally I have seen people have almost the same response when someone suggested previewing player's housing and a lot of people were saying "I don't wanna people steal my stuff" or "I don't want people to look at my things". I honestly do not understand why people think like that? Don't they like recieving complements? And if they get Sh*tted on just ignore, again.

P.S I've also seen somebody compare player inspect with r4pe which is fricking ridiculous.

Something for you to consider is that a good portion of the playerbase comes from the singleplayer TES games. What may be "normal" for MMOs is not normal for a singleplayer base.

Another thing to consider is that if we want to show off our achievements, fashion, gear builds etc, we can already do so through titles, cosmetics, answering questions, or making our homes available for viewing. We can consent to sharing what we want, with who we want to share. I personally prefer that to an inspect option, which assumes we want to share stuff with anyone and everyone.

Finally, even in Warframe there are people who expect nothing less than the meta and are sometimes jerks about it. Many ESO players who don't like the idea of inspects have dealt with jerks being toxic about their class/gear choice before and don't particularly care for the "close the barn door after the horse escaped" approach of ignoring toxic players afterwards.

In short, just because inspection doesn't bother you does not mean that's true of others. Nor are you missing out on anything you couldn't get by politely asking...or respecting that someone doesn't want to tell you.
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't really understand why people are so closed in on themselves in this game, don't you want to shine with your achievements on others?

I could care less about comparing my achievements in a video game to others achievements in a video.

For myself alone, I am more interested in my real life achievements because those actually mean something.

Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am completely, totally uninterested in achievements in any game, I don't care about achievements others have, and I certainly do NOT want anyone inspecting me. I hated it in WoW and RIFT, and am absolutely thrilled it doesn't happen here.
    Edited by Sylvermynx on December 12, 2019 10:05PM
    Options
  • Kahnak
    Kahnak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    98% percent of players cant do vet trials, so i dont think we need vet+ trials...

98% huh? I'm sure that number isn't completely made up and is supported by some relevant data set.
    Tombstone Reads: "Forgot to get good"
    Options
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kahnak wrote: »

98% huh? I'm sure that number isn't completely made up and is supported by some relevant data set.

Right??? lol
    Options
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »

I don't really understand why people are so closed in on themselves in this game, don't you want to shine with your achievements on others?

I could care less about comparing my achievements in a video game to others achievements in a video.

For myself alone, I am more interested in my real life achievements because those actually mean something.

"couldn't care less".
    There. Fixed that for ya!
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't really understand why people are so closed in on themselves in this game, don't you want to shine with your achievements on others? Additionally I have seen people have almost the same response when someone suggested previewing player's housing and a lot of people were saying "I don't wanna people steal my stuff" or "I don't want people to look at my things". I honestly do not understand why people think like that? Don't they like recieving complements? And if they get [snip] on just ignore, again.

I'm not a fan of this idea, plus even if there was something like that, it wouldn't be reliable for people who are transfers between servers or platforms, as usually they grind CP in the second account without having the achieves, playtime, etc., of their original account.
    Options
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5: Motif achievements are especially bad not being account wide since the outfit styles you get from them ARE.
    Options
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    5: Motif achievements are especially bad not being account wide since the outfit styles you get from them ARE.

i dont think anyone ever intended and thought that would want to complete the same pointless achievement over and over on different characters lol.

This is what mains are for. Now if it was a dungeon achievement I would also have a problem with it. But motif achievements? What are you? A dopamine junkie?
    Edited by Nyladreas on December 13, 2019 6:20AM
    Options
  • Fajin
    Fajin
    ✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    This is what mains are for.

Yes but what if I want to link my achievement to someone but this char doesn't have it, I've got to log off and go to my other character. This is especially inconvinient if you are in a dungeon.
    Options
  • Fajin
    Fajin
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to point out that I have edited the ending of №3 in my original post because it was a little bugged and didn't save what I wanted to say correctly
    Options