The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Can I talk to a human being please?

TheTuSiK
TheTuSiK
✭✭✭
Hey everyone.
As you all know there was a problem with Moongrave Fane and it wouldn't give you more than one motif page a day.
So on Friday, 06.12, we went in 4-man group to do MgF HM for a "guaranteed" motif page + one more because of the Dragonguard event's double drop.
What a surprise, my first run of that dungeon in more than 3 days and out of 4 people in the group only 2 got the motif and not 2 pages but 1, so instead of 8 pages that should have dropped we got 2.
I decided to submit a ticket since "Hard Mode has 100% chance of dropping a motif page". And that's what I did.
In first reply I got "state the obvious" response:
When the Moongrave style was released on December 4th, 2019, it had a one day internal cooldown. The issue has now been resolved on all platforms, and should drop as intended. We do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.
OK maybe I was unlcear so I replied and explained that we did hm, it was my first run of the day etc. So I got a prommissing response:
To better investigate the issue you are reporting where you did not receive a Moongrave Fane Motif drop from the final boss on Hard Mode, we ask that you please provide us with an answer to the following question:
Name of the character than completed Moongrave Fane:
Estimation of time and date this occurred:
Once this information has been received we will continue onward from there. Thank you for your continued interest and support!
Fair enough, I sent char name and approx time. But the next message I got made me feel like I was talking with an AI or something. Check this out:
When it comes down to Dungeon Drops. The dungeon item drops are based off of random loot tables. When an item is dropped, it is randomly selected by the system. As such, you may have an experience where you run a dungeon several times and do not receive the item that you want.

As customer service we are not able to assist with giving items that are randomly produced.

I understand this may not be the resolution you were hoping for. I wish there was more we could do for you, and we greatly appreciate your understanding on the matter.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I would be more than happy to assist you. For now, we will go ahead and set this ticket to solved - but don't let that alarm you! A simple reply to this email can immediately reopen your ticket so we may resume our conversation.
So either they are random or there are circumstances when you get 100% chance.
Yeah, this post is a little bit of crying but I don't know if I want to continue with that ticket since every feedback was from a different person and it felt like the next team member haven't read my previous messages and other member's answers to them.
I know that two motif pages can be a laughable case for some people but imagine having a serious problem, you almost solved it and then you have to start over because someone else replied to your ticket.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello

This is a fellow human speaking.

Please engage in social interaction after the beep.

Screen-Shot-2018-04-26-at-12.40.41-PM.png
    Edited by Nemesis7884 on December 12, 2019 3:24PM
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That’s a shame because my interactions with customer support when I’ve had similar issues (buying the same stupid Berry by mistake) were resolved quickly and with a certain degree of ESO humour. I get that it was probably very scripted humour and lots of people will have got the same lines, but it was vaguely witty and made me feel like they cared while resolving my issue.

I get they might be more cautious here as the motifs will be trading for quite a lot of gold, but if ZOS/the game has not functioned correctly, Customer Service should be there to resolve the issue quickly and effectively. And given it’s both an important and, I would guess, relatively unusual issue, I would hope a real person was dealing with it (although they may still be restricted to prewritten responses).

Customer service is one of those areas that are easy for money focussed companies to skimp on, but which provide significant reputational benefit (for relatively little cost) if you think even mildly medium term. Players with unresolved issues become annoyed and vocal, players whose problems are solved often become evangelists for you. I know which one I’d rather have.

Hope ZOS sort out your issue @TheTuSiK
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geez....Racist much!?
    Like an Altmer/Khajiit/Dunmer/Bosmer/Orc couldn’t help with this....
    I mean I can understand not wanting help from an Argonian....but seriously...
    Edited by xxthir13enxx on December 12, 2019 12:03PM
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is why I don't even bother with support tickets anymore. Pointless and only leaves you feeling frustrated while resolving nothing. Best to just count your losses and move on.

Only time I ever submit a ticket anymore is to report harassment (and then promptly use the block button) or report a bot. For all the good that does, but at least I try on that front.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh,
    it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the Blessed Machine.

Your kind cling to your flesh, as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you. But I am already saved, for the Machine is immortal…

...even in death I serve the Omnissiah."

- Magos Dominus Faustinius, The Adeptus Mechanicus
  • stvwhitewalker
    stvwhitewalker
    ✭✭✭
    you should most definitely continue with this ticket, i in the past have had the same responses as you quote and there is a pattern that the support are either very poorly trained or in some cases stupid, i found that if you get stronger with your replies pointing out their lack of understanding the real issue, eventually you will get someone who can help. This is though a sad indictment of how eso has deteriorated
  • Fiewiel
    Fiewiel
    ✭✭✭
    The 2nd email seems to be a person which read what you wrote and the last reply someone overflew your text + answers saw that "its a dungeon drop problem", selected out of the available list of possible answers the one which seemed appropriate and copy & pasted & send it.
    Its probably a time issue. Cut&paste is a thing of like 10-20 sec, writing a personal reply on your email takes prob 1 minute and trying to fix the issue is a thing of an hour with several phone calls across company sections.

Thats what I think.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hello

This is a fellow human speaking.

Please engage in social interaction after the beep.

But the beep never came..... :smiley:
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be happy that you didn't had to go to your local Wallmart store and buy 2 x $100 Google Gift cards in order for technicians to resolve your problem.

Not looking at any specific country, just saying :#:#

Edited by RefLiberty on December 12, 2019 12:59PM
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fiewiel wrote: »

Its probably a time issue. Cut&paste is a thing of like 10-20 sec, writing a personal reply on your email takes prob 1 minute and trying to fix the issue is a thing of an hour with several phone calls across company sections.

Thats what I think.

Customer care is not working that way. It depends of the size and the type of the business, but no one call across various departments or interacts with other in that manner, it would be madness. And agents on the first tier are not suppose to get into solving issues that would take more than like 10-30 minutes, it is the industry standard more or less.

As all others, they have one of the ticketing software solutions, so if the triage or first level of support is not able to resolve your issue, they need to escalate the ticket through ticket app to another queue, as tech, billing and so on, and then it sits there to be picked up again by people working in that queue, no running and calling around offices.

By transcript here, it was closed at first level, probably by triage team member and without escalating further, also not addressing the issue properly, since the item did not drop on the first run although it is a guaranteed drop.
    So yeah, not a best ticket there, maybe the issue was overlooked.

OP, just reopen the ticket again.

• Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the Blessed Machine.

Your kind cling to your flesh, as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you. But I am already saved, for the Machine is immortal…

eBilqao.jpg
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten my best results with the in-game Ask for Help option. I get an email about it fairly quickly, usually within the day...with a response that reads like it was done by a bot who keyword searched my complaint.

However, when I reply to that by reiterating my complaint, I almost always get a real customer service rep who's either helped me or forwarded me on to the people who can. Most times the problem has been solved. The few times it wasn't, at least the bug was passed on to the appropriate team.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheTuSiK wrote: »
    Hey everyone.
    As you all know there was a problem with Moongrave Fane and it wouldn't give you more than one motif page a day.
    So on Friday, 06.12, we went in 4-man group to do MgF HM for a "guaranteed" motif page + one more because of the Dragonguard event's double drop.
    What a surprise, my first run of that dungeon in more than 3 days and out of 4 people in the group only 2 got the motif and not 2 pages but 1, so instead of 8 pages that should have dropped we got 2.
    I decided to submit a ticket since "Hard Mode has 100% chance of dropping a motif page". And that's what I did.
    In first reply I got "state the obvious" response:
    When the Moongrave style was released on December 4th, 2019, it had a one day internal cooldown. The issue has now been resolved on all platforms, and should drop as intended. We do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.
    OK maybe I was unlcear so I replied and explained that we did hm, it was my first run of the day etc. So I got a prommissing response:
    To better investigate the issue you are reporting where you did not receive a Moongrave Fane Motif drop from the final boss on Hard Mode, we ask that you please provide us with an answer to the following question:
    Name of the character than completed Moongrave Fane:
    Estimation of time and date this occurred:
    Once this information has been received we will continue onward from there. Thank you for your continued interest and support!
    Fair enough, I sent char name and approx time. But the next message I got made me feel like I was talking with an AI or something. Check this out:
    When it comes down to Dungeon Drops. The dungeon item drops are based off of random loot tables. When an item is dropped, it is randomly selected by the system. As such, you may have an experience where you run a dungeon several times and do not receive the item that you want.

As customer service we are not able to assist with giving items that are randomly produced.

I understand this may not be the resolution you were hoping for. I wish there was more we could do for you, and we greatly appreciate your understanding on the matter.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I would be more than happy to assist you. For now, we will go ahead and set this ticket to solved - but don't let that alarm you! A simple reply to this email can immediately reopen your ticket so we may resume our conversation.
    So either they are random or there are circumstances when you get 100% chance.
    Yeah, this post is a little bit of crying but I don't know if I want to continue with that ticket since every feedback was from a different person and it felt like the next team member haven't read my previous messages and other member's answers to them.
    I know that two motif pages can be a laughable case for some people but imagine having a serious problem, you almost solved it and then you have to start over because someone else replied to your ticket.

If you keep going it will get to someone who actually reads it carefully and takes action of some kind. I had a situation (that was 100% due to an accident on my part) and I kept replying for clarification, to get a very clear answer that showed they understood what I was asking and that I understood what their final response would be, and it was finally taken care of.

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RefLiberty wrote: »
    OP, just reopen the ticket again.
    Yes

Edited by tinythinker on December 12, 2019 1:19PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are ways to talk to humans. I won’t post the phone number, but there are ways of getting such information. Wink wink.....
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy-sVTaZRPk
    ;)
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have you....tried telephone?
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i Know this one! Have you tried:
    1) clearing your browser cache.
    2) updating your video drivers.
    3) logging out of the game, clearing cookies, and then logging back in.
    4) resetting your modem.
    5) checking the power supply
    6) reformatting your HDD.

After you have tried all of these, if your problem is not solved feel free to contact customer support so we can send you a link to the self help section of support.

Seriously, though. That reply sounds like someone skimmed the issues and just fired back a cut and paste"its a drop and drops arent guaranteed" reply and moved on to the next ticket. What i would ask myself is can i run the dungeon in less time than i am going to spend going circles with customer service.
    Edited by Anotherone773 on December 12, 2019 9:24PM
  • Kahnak
    Kahnak
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Men crave food. They crave flesh, they crave power. We are not men, the Emperor's Angels. His Space Marines crave honour, they crave retribution, they crave justice. We are not angels. We are the blood-sons of Sanguinius. We crave only violence, bloodshed. There is no void in the deep of our souls, only the hunger — an insatiable call to slaughter."

- The final data logs of Nassir Amit, Chapter Master of the Flesh Tearers
    Tombstone Reads: "Forgot to get good"
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    4) resetting your modem.

After you have tried all of these, if your problem is not solved feel free to contact customer support so we can send you a link to the self help section of support.

Seriously, though. That reply sounds like someone skimmed the issues and just fired back a cut and paste"its a drop and drops arent guaranteed" reply and moved on to the next ticket. What i would ask myself is can i run the dungeon in less time than i am going to spend going circles with customer service.

You'd be surprised how many people contact technical support of any kind, and NEVER try any of those steps. You'd think it was one in a 100 people calling in right? Wrong.
  • t3hnerevarine
    t3hnerevarine
    ✭✭✭
    Hi i work in tech support and turning it off and on again has solved around 75% of all calls ive taken so please keep in mind that we're aiming at the lowest level of tech literacy not because we're stupid but because we've been burned before
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    4) resetting your modem.

You'd be surprised how many people contact technical support of any kind, and NEVER try any of those steps. You'd think it was one in a 100 people calling in right? Wrong.

Oh i know, i may or may not have been guilty of one or two of these. Made me feel like a right ***.
  • TheTuSiK
    TheTuSiK
    ✭✭✭
    OK a small update that will probably end the discussion as well.
    I did what you recommended and I replied to that ticket.
    The answer was pretty similar to the previous one but a bit more clear.
    Now, if someone has the same problem as I do - don't bother.
    Yes, there's 100% chance of getting a RANDOM motif page from Hard Mode.
    Yes, there was a bug that limited the drop.
    Yes, I should get two RANDOM motif pages because of the event.
    As you see RANDOM is a key word here. So even though you will get a motif on Hard Mode, there are 14 pages and which one you get is random. That's why they can't help me in any way because they can't give me two random pages.
    That's probably the same with weapons, armor and jewelry (random traits).
    I hope it will save some time for people who considered sending a ticket due to similar problem.
    Cheers.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting a good customer service is just like the dungeon loot RNG. You just have to keep at it, you may have a long streak of bad luck or may getting lucky in 2 or 3 runs.