The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Remove the stun from 'Streak'

markusloveFTM
markusloveFTM
✭✭✭
I just feel like the stun from steak is overkill; I wouldn't mind it if it maybe applied minor maim (15% damage done debuff) or something to the enemy, but a stun? For a mobility tool? Seems a bit OP.

I mean, they already have their crystal fragments for a stun.

Sorry for the small post, I didn't know what else to say.
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just feel like the stun from steak is overkill; I wouldn't mind it if it maybe applied minor maim (15% damage done debuff) or something to the enemy, but a stun? For a mobility tool? Seems a bit OP.

You should read the patch notes from 2 years ago or actually play the damn class. Chrystal fragment doesn't stun dude. Maim is a freaking strong debuff, how would tying that to a mobility skill be balanced?
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not the stun that's the problem, but the fact it's AoE and can't be blocked.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    €,€
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    It's not the stun that's the problem, but the fact it's AoE and can't be blocked.

Exactly. There is literally no counter play to it.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 6, 2019 2:09PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skill has worked fine for 6 years and now all of sudden needs to be nerfed. Yeah, ok.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Streak is OK. The increased cost per streak is a good way to keep it from spammingly offensively.

There must be certain skill when dealing with a sorc , as well there's certain skill in the case of a sorc uses streak offensively.
    Edited by Xvorg on December 6, 2019 2:56PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I only read posts that have at least six inches of text with no paragraph breaks.

Size matters ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • markusloveFTM
    markusloveFTM
    ✭✭✭
    Skill has worked fine for 6 years and now all of sudden needs to be nerfed. Yeah, ok.

Has it worked fine for 6 years though? Sorcerer has been the best class both PvE and PvP since the game was released.

Just seems kind of crazy that the class would have a wait till the enemy is on 20% HP execute, gap closer/escape tool, shields, crazy burst from easy proc crystal fragments, pets at their disposal, AoE immobilization.

It's not like Sorcerer would lose their ability to stun, they can spec into crystal blast or rune prison for a stun.
  • markusloveFTM
    markusloveFTM
    ✭✭✭
    Also, if I were to actually play a sorcerer, I really don't like the idea of using streak is a stun, it just doesn't look or feel right for a mage, in my opinion; (in before "NO ONE CARES ABOUT CLASS FORMALITY"), we are playing an roleplaying game here.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh joy ... another nerf Sorc thread.

If a Templar main says a Sorc skill is fine then I don’t know what to tell you, OP.
  • sproattt
    sproattt
    ✭✭✭
    No nerfs. No more. Streak should be buffed to actually work 100% and not glitch for the users.

Streak is fine. Sorc is fine. Could be buffed as with Nightblade to be on par with Warden and Templar.
    Stamblade Main.
  • markusloveFTM
    markusloveFTM
    ✭✭✭
    Oh joy ... another nerf Sorc thread.

If a Templar main says a Sorc skill is fine then I don’t know what to tell you, OP.

Mains are just what people started with, leveled the most, does all the crafting, probably loves his Sorcerer being OP, probably loves entering battlegrounds and going god-mode.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play stamblade magdk magplar and magcro I die to sorcs on all of them ....Streak is fine
  • markusloveFTM
    markusloveFTM
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »

At least this.
    jadarock wrote: »
    I play stamblade magdk magplar and magcro I die to sorcs on all of them ....Streak is fine

It's not fine.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @markusloveFTM I used to think NBs were OP until I played as one - and doing so helped me understand how to defeat them much more effectively. Know your enemy.

You need to understand you're asking to nerf a class defining skill. You're also suggesting stun replacements like Blast, a telegraphed cast time stun and (over buffed then nerfed) rune prison which is also very obvious to enemies. You even admit you've never used anything you suggest as a viable replacement.

Streak does not need a nerf. They actually just adjusted the skill recently (and I am loving the cone effect) and left the stun part of the skill.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • markusloveFTM
    markusloveFTM
    ✭✭✭
    @markusloveFTM I used to think NBs were OP until I played as one - and doing so helped me understand how to defeat them much more effectively. Know your enemy.

You need to understand you're asking to nerf a class defining skill. You're also suggesting stun replacements like Blast, a telegraphed cast time stun and (over buffed then nerfed) rune prison which is also very obvious to enemies. You even admit you've never used anything you suggest as a viable replacement.

Streak does not need a nerf. They actually just adjusted the skill recently (and I am loving the cone effect) and left the stun part of the skill.

I've just watched a video of rune cage and it's instant cast with no more than a second delay, it looks perfect, on top of that, if they don't break out of it, they get damaged.

No, of course, this isn't enough, you need your stun built into your mobility tool. Hey, why doesn't critical charge and ambush stun too?
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, do you feel that way? I feel like you need to learn to play, like the rest of us instead of recommending abilities to be nerfed. If a Sorc stunning you with Streak is too much for you to handle, its a L2P issue.

Edit: For clarification, I don't play Sorc.
    Edited by xWarbrain on December 6, 2019 3:41PM
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more nerfs. For anybody. Not. One. Single. Nerf.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Streak does not need a nerf. Sorc needs a reliable stun.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorc do need nerfed. Lets start with nerfing streak and then we can discuss Templars.

#NB lives matter

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Sorc do need nerfed. Lets start with nerfing streak and then we can discuss Templars.

#NB lives matter

How about buff NB, instead of nerfing anyone else?
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Streak does not need a nerf. Sorc needs a reliable stun.

Everybody needs a reliable stun. However everyone also needs counterplay of some sort. Streak stun does not need to be unblockable. I'm not saying remove the stun, I'm saying the buff to make it unblockable not only made rune prison a pointless ability , but also removed the only counterplay against streak stun.

Abilities like d.swing/draining shot/reverb bash are no good as CC anymore, but even when they were at their strongest, these abilities were both blockable and dodgeable. You could make an argument for fossilize, which recently had a cost nerf, however you can not use fossilize as a gapcloser or escape.

Streak is a class defining ability and thats fine. But class defining or not there should be something I can do about it. I can't run away from a sorc, I can't block, I can't dodge it, Its absurd that a stamsorc can ALWAYS streak into onslaught or a magsorc will have constant pressure against me as a Dk, who should be the ''attrition class''.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 6, 2019 4:04PM
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol "they already have their stun from crystal frags"

This is why most nerf threads should be disregarded.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I've just watched a video of rune cage and it's instant cast with no more than a second delay, it looks perfect, on top of that, if they don't break out of it, they get damaged.

No, of course, this isn't enough, you need your stun built into your mobility tool. Hey, why doesn't critical charge and ambush stun too?

Blast is channeled
    Your opponent has to have no stamina to get damaged by rune cage, I hardly ever saw people get to that point when I used it. Anybody with any skill breaks free before the damage.

Any class can use this skill:
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Shielded+Assault

Gap closer, stun & damage shield from one skill. Why aren't you asking to nerf shielded assault?

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Level-headed, rational people should just move on from threads like these and find more constructive ways to use their time. Anyone in here arguing for one side or another won't change their minds, and trying is fruitless.

Of course I'm always happy to see @ChunkyCat in a thread like this. What a memelord. He has the right idea.
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lightning mages won't use that skill.

Want to remove more stuns from the game? Okay. Separate PvP from PvE when it comes to the functionality of stuns. Leave the stun PvE alone. It's fun, and for those of us who create characters rather than "builds" we use specific skills because they make sense for our characters. Changing the functionality of the skills we use means we just loose the functionality entirely. That's not fun. It's bad enough that my lightning mage lost his main stun a few patches ago. Just stop it.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems a bit OP.

Nah, it is working as intended like it has for years, so no it is not overpowered but instead your own performance is just underpowered.

You can fix that problem with training, so do not be sad. Learning to use your own strenghts is more rewarding than trying to change the game to your level.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely!
    stunn should be removed from streak.
    i hope it happens.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »
    Seems a bit OP.

Nah, it is working as intended like it has for years, so no it is not overpowered but instead your own performance is just underpowered.

You can fix that problem with training, so do not be sad. Learning to use your own strenghts is more rewarding than trying to change the game to your level.

the stunn is overkill and it is also unblockable, and in no way is your insult that we need to learn in training legitimate.
This discussion has been closed.