The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Snow Globe Home

Inaya
Inaya
✭✭✭✭✭
I hate that I MUST have this AND the New Life Festival Furnishing package.

Everything is just soooooooo cute!
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You are just was Zo$ wanted this Christmas.
  • Sylianwe
    Sylianwe
    ✭✭✭
    This is one of my favorite homes. If I had the money for the furnishing pack, I would definitely buy it. Looks promising!
    Edited by Sylianwe on May 15, 2021 4:45PM
    The mind is a walled garden, even death can not touch the flowers blooming there 🌹
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only trouble is, you cant actually clear the top tower to make a cosy look-out point, its my favorite BUT... *grumblemumble* Shoulda been able to move the shaders and the brazier itself <3 make it a terrasse (sp?).

I'd pretty much live at the top of that lighthouse, if I could remove those lol, the Aura Borealis, drifting snow, is my heaven... Maybe more crunch under your feet as you walk through the snow *giggle*
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, I enjoy the game and housing. You do what you want with your entertainment dollars and I'll do what I want with mine ;)
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malfoy wrote: »
    The only thing I don't like about this enchanted globe, is, as I look up to see the sky, I see the inner fabric of a tent. I'm aware that this adds to the immersiveness of said globe. Everything else I adore, but that, nope, I need my skies to be open 🌨

If I had the money for the furnishing pack however, I would definitely buy it! ☃️

Yeah the tent fabric is kinda weird tbh but the rest of it is really cute.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Inaya wrote: »

Hey, I enjoy the game and housing. You do what you want with your entertainment dollars and I'll do what I want with mine ;)

We are not allowed to enjoy all aspects of the game, didnt ya know? <3 I love housing, its the only creative outlet in the game. =)
    Edited by TheFM on December 6, 2019 2:03PM
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only thing I don't like about this enchanted globe, is, as I look up to see the sky, I see the inner fabric of a tent. I'm aware that this adds to the immersiveness of said globe. Everything else I adore, but that, nope, I need my skies to be open 🌨

If I had the money for the furnishing pack however, I would definitely buy it! ☃️

I was hoping to see GIANT player characters walking around. :(
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought it last year and it's my favorite house.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm really excited about it too but I'm going to wait and hope they have a Crown sale this month.
  • Sylianwe
    Sylianwe
    ✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    I was hoping to see GIANT player characters walking around. :(

Now that would be very cool indeed. Imagine the globe being picked up as Men and Mer alike are trying to look at it.
    Edited by Sylianwe on May 15, 2021 4:48PM
    The mind is a walled garden, even death can not touch the flowers blooming there 🌹
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I could place this house in my primary residence (house within a house).

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I agree with the sky thing. Honestly I wish the house weren't a globe house at all, just a house in a physical location
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well yeah I mean freeloaders aren't going to be paying anyone's bills lol lets be real here.
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well yeah I mean freeloaders aren't going to be paying anyone's bills lol lets be real here.

A single individual who doesn't spend on the game is not directly contributing to revenue, but just his act of logging in and using the game does have monetary value, so they aren't a freeloader. That is the same attitude that has lead to people not realizing the value of their data and basically giving it away.

How long do you think this game would survive if it hadn't transitioned to B2P? Can you imagine how empty areas would be if there were no non subscribers playing? I know you might enjoy it initially, but it would have a detrimental effect on the game and would devastate the in game economy. Then long term, who wants to play an MMO with hardly any people in it, if that was my goal I'd stick to Skyrim.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A single individual who doesn't spend on the game is not directly contributing to revenue, but just his act of logging in and using the game does have monetary value, so they aren't a freeloader. That is the same attitude that has lead to people not realizing the value of their data and basically giving it away.

How long do you think this game would survive if it hadn't transitioned to B2P? Can you imagine how empty areas would be if there were no non subscribers playing? I know you might enjoy it initially, but it would have a detrimental effect on the game and would devastate the in game economy. Then long term, who wants to play an MMO with hardly any people in it, if that was my goal I'd stick to Skyrim.

I think @Goregrinder was more responding to the veiled insult to me than saying people who don't spend money are freeloaders.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Compared to someone who also logs in to use the game, but also spends $2,000 on crown store items....probably WAAAAAAY more valueable to ZOS, and covering the costs of potentially 10 other players who don't spend anything more than the bare minimum that allows them to create an account and log in.
  • Lusty
    Lusty
    ✭✭✭

Agreed, i would love a snowy festive home, but i'd rather see a pretty night sky with some aurora instead of a fabric tent roof
    Where my argonian waifus at?
    EP General - 1200+
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not impressed by inner design and layout, but yes, let's be honest, it is the same as all other structures in that price range.

And that is that more of 50% of the square footage is wasted on hallways and stairs, and you have a 2-3 toilet size rooms in the basement.
    The house is indeed unusual since it is a house in the glass ball, but interior design is bad, as always.

I'm not sure is it on purpose to be like that, I guess it is in order to encourage you to buy Notable homes, but ESO floor designs are one of the worst I ever seen, when half of the property are halls and stairs. :#
    Meh... that is a reason why I personally not buying a home, I can't get over the bad layout.

Edited by RefLiberty on December 6, 2019 8:01PM
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not buy it last year, but it is a must have this year. You do know you get 600 slots fot a rather medium size home?
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • Rory_FightingToFifty
    Have fun with it. My BF has it but only wanted to decorate one room, so I helped him fill it out and for me it’s one of the most fun homes to decorate. I think the layout works really well...lots of potential for different approaches.
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭

^^ This. So I'm still thinking to spend the money.... or not ;)B)

PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I asked this when the Snow Globe first came out, but no one who responded knew back then, so maybe there's a more conclusive answer now: are Frostvault Chasm and Snow Globe currently the only player homes from where you can see the aurora? (At least, I'm guessing you can see the aurora in Frostvault's few sky views. I haven't spotted it there myself.)

Sure, it's an aurora view that's largely hidden by cloth roof/maybe glacier, but still: pretty pretty lights! I'd love a cozy-type house with a view of the northern lights. Was hoping one of the nice rustic log cabins with a yard would be the answer to my skygazing needs, but so far I haven't seen anything except normal sky at those homes....Sigh. A house like Autumn's-Gate, but in Eastmarch where the lights frequently happen, would've been ideal.

I didn't get the Snow Globe when it first came out because I'm still working on my other houses and I didn't have an abundance of crowns at the time, but I always kinda regretted not getting it. I think this year I'm gonna bite. My holiday gift to myself. The furnishing pack was a must-buy last year, though. It has been more than worth it! Hope you'll love it. :)
    Edited by 16BitForestCat on December 7, 2019 11:48AM
    PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions suck and should go touch grass together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think there would be a Christmas crown sale?
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last year I bought the Snow Globe for my NA characters. This year the EU crowd got it. Among its charms I've found its location to be a convenient teleport for surveys, treasure chests, Undaunted delves, and the Murkmire prequel quests.

I was also pleased to note that at least this year, the fire in the furnishing package is a cooking fire, significantly increasing its value to me. That the furnishings were 800 crowns off with ESO+ was a nice holiday bonus. :)
    Edited by Imryll on December 9, 2019 1:12PM
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just noticed the ESO+ discount! Was it there when it was first posted?

And ooo nice so the fire is actually a provision station @Imryll ?
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just rechecked on both servers, and the fire that comes with the house is just a regular fire, but the one in the furnishings pack is a crafting station. Last year I didn't place the new fire, but just put it in a storage coffer with other not-yet-used furnishings, so I'm not sure if it was originally a cooking fire, but whether or not it was a provisioning station when I first got it, both my NA and EU furnishing pack fires can now be used to prepare Rimmen Raisin Cookies for holiday guests. :)
    Edited by Imryll on December 9, 2019 1:30PM
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice! I'm buying the new life package so maybe that one will be a cooking fire!
  • Garish
    Garish
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping they would tie the Snowglobe in with the New Life achievements this year so you could buy it for gold like they did with the Excorcised Coven Cottage. They didn't, so I caved and got it with crowns I had saved up. Felt it was worth it. It's such a lovely home and I am a sucker for the Imperial style apparently.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice! I'm buying the new life package so maybe that one will be a cooking fire!

It's the fire in the new life package that I was talking about. I bought the house unfurnished both times because I thought the furnished-by-ZOS version looked a bit drab. At least this year it comes with Breton furniture and looks nothing like it does as furnished in the loading screen. Possibly, the effect would be more appealing with additional lighting sources.

Edit for clarity: The unfurnished house comes with a fire in its fireplace. That one is a regular fire that can be extinguished, but not used for cooking.
    Edited by Imryll on December 9, 2019 1:48PM
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imryll wrote: »

It's the fire in the new life package that I was talking about. I bought the house unfurnished both times because I thought the furnished-by-ZOS version looked a bit drab. At least this year it comes with Breton furniture and looks nothing like it does as furnished in the loading screen. Possibly, the effect would be more appealing with additional lighting sources.

Edit for clarity: The unfurnished house comes with a fire in its fireplace. That one is a regular fire that can be extinguished, but not used for cooking.

I agree the furnishings tht come with it look really drab. Still debating on furnished or unfurnished since I usually redecorate and use the ones that come with houses as fills in in other homes, etc..