The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sorcs have an unfair advantage.

• ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,

Some posts have been removed from this thread for violating our community rules involving trolling and baiting. Please review our community rules when posting in a thread to understand what is expected from members of our community.
    Staff Post
  • Titain
    Titain
    ✭✭✭
    Waynerx8 wrote: »
    WTF is this ? some sort of dodgy video's list :/

No but this is* it is called adding color, and sound to a other wise boring thread. Merry Christmas don't be a scrooge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T5gYLJBkWk
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Immovable imo was a bad nerf, but wings was so overpowered it made using any projectile ability in the game pointless, which meant that shards, all the bow skills, half the destro abilities, overload, and so many other skills were rendered useless to slot in pvp. It made a ton of sense to change wings, it cut the game in half at a strategic level. Particularly after they removed double reflects, since that was literally the only way to counter play it.

Most of those abilities with unlockable stuns are used by stam sorcs who have gotten the *** end of the stick since launch pretty much. I don't know if I agree with unblockable stuns, but it's an improvement from basically very little class utility. Especially when you consider they stripped out implosion. You can't block a lot of class CC like talons.

Altogether though they really aren't *that* powerful. The thing is, the original design of this game was very high powered in the dark ages, and over time zergmongers picked it apart with nerfs, instead of building it up with ideas. Instead of adapting to complex dynamics, the shift has been to flatten the play so as much as possible.
    Edited by Cathexis on December 15, 2019 11:08PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Titain
    Titain
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree with you on reflective scales the skill only lasted for 6 seconds and if you could count. to 6 you could counter them. they also have a very high cost. I am pretty much against all the nerfs/nurfs that have taken place in the past 3 months. there where problems yes, but they should of been addressed individually. the new skill lines needed to be adjust to the game, not the game adjusted to the new skill lines. this was a backwards approach to balance, for balancing has been worked on for the past 7 years. and this just turned it all upside down. This was not well thought, and the result is a mess.

I do agree with you about past game play, yes we where all very op, and had our special skills, but we also had the ability to counter each other, adding more skill lines made this more complex, to the point it became chaos, I would imagine over time the addition of new devs that did not understand the mechanics of the game did not help. Now it seems they have lost it. This is why I have been pushing for roll back.
    Edited by Titain on December 16, 2019 4:38PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Titain wrote: »
    could just L2P like everyone else and quite with the "i get killed by sorcs so nerf them" threads, there is ALWAYS a counter play to ANY class you just have to learn what it is and how to do it

Anyone who would sit, and ignore the facts written in front of them, and documented, then proceed to lie, I have a very low opinion of.
    Just be cause you say it is. Does not make it true!

Rune Prison
    Active •Imprison an enemy in a constricting sphere of dark magic, after a short duration they are stunned for 3 seconds.
    •The stun cannot be blocked or dodged.

Encase
    •Call Daedric shards from the earth to immobilize enemies in front of you for 4 seconds.
    •This ability cannot be blocked.

Now that you have been discredited for lying. Maybe in the future you will do your due diligence before making false comments.

Your facts do not paint a full picture. You are ignoring some solid facts.

With both skills you can either break free or roll dodge out of it.

Odd how you ignore that DKs have skills similar to both of these Talons and Petrify yet you do mention that DKs can no longer reflect shards.

Lets looks at some of your other comments.
    Crystal shards, but you removed, counters like reflective scales.
    Bolt escape, but you removed counters like immovable.

Crystal Shards can be blocked and dodged.
    Bolt Escape stun can be prevented by blocking.

Further, Reflective Scales was a counter for only one class so it really is not the counter.

It helps that when you accuse someone of ignoring facts that you do not ignore facts yourself. When a true picture is painted it looks very different than was we find in the OP of this thread. Sorry to bring such inconvenient facts to the conversation.
  • Titain
    Titain
    ✭✭✭
    That is not a counter to the attack it is a reaction to escape, what part of can not be dodged, do you not understand? I do understand that common core teaches people that if you can explain why, your answer is correct, this still does not make your answer true. this common core ideology is dangerous. especially in a real life situation where the result may be death.
    expand your thinking. You have been mislead. By the way you have twisted what I have said, to make your point, and create an answer, you can not do that. once again it brings us to a point that there is a high speed train coming towards you. you have 2 options ignore it. or get out of the way. the variable of wishful thinking that the train is going to see you, and stop is not one I would bet on.
  • Titain
    Titain
    ✭✭✭
    I will stand by my original statement that Sorcs have an unfair advantage over other classes at this time, the underlying cause of this advantage, was the series of nurfs/nerfs that have taken place over the past 3 months. manipulating other statements to prove your point, does no such thing it only proves you are manipulative, and unwilling to except facts presented to you without argument, at no point will this ever make something that is untrue, true. don't believe me try it in front of a judge. You may be in for a big surprise.
    Edited by Titain on December 16, 2019 3:34PM
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, nerf sorc threads are back? They dont bother me much now days. They may be impossible to kill when they do that max distance kite and Streak any time you get close, but they still cant kill you if you just stay on top of your heals. They eventually get bored and go somewhere else
  • Titain
    Titain
    ✭✭✭
    head liner: A person who reads head lines only.

• JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL! Sorcs have been reduced to Banker status for many and you want them nerfed even more.

• Titain
    Titain
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Head liner ^
  • Titain
    Titain
    ✭✭✭
    Star Chasing : a person who makes comments on thread for the sake of getting another star next to their handle.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will stand by my original statement that Sorcs have an unfair advantage over other classes at this time, the underlying cause of this advantage, was the series of nurfs/nerfs that have taken place over the past 3 months. manipulating other statements to prove your point, does no such thing it only proves you are manipulative, and unwilling to except facts presented to you without argument, at no point will this ever make something that is untrue, true. don't believe me try it in front of a judge. You may be in for a big surprise.

My statement was not manipulative in any manner.

After you attempted to call someone out for ignoring facts I merely pointed out the solid facts you chose to ignore in your OP in an attempt to manipulate the conversation towards your opinion.

So calling out people as being manipulative and ignoring facts when you are in fact doing just that is as obvious as it is shallow.
    Star Chasing : a person who makes comments on thread for the sake of getting another star next to their handle.

Considering you have made 6 of the last 8 comments before this one and 18 of the 43 posts in the entire thread who are you suggesting is the star chaser here?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

With this thread continuing to derail, we're going to go ahead and close it down. For future posts please be sure to stay constructive and respectful with the Forum Rules in mind to avoid thread derailment or action on one's own account.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.