The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I love this game. But I may leave it soon cause...

King4MyQueen
King4MyQueen
Soul Shriven
I don't feel challenged enough!
I have a CP-245 necromancer on the European server ... 4 stars equipment, so a couple of purple and blue stuff. The equipment is quite good, but could be definitely better. Neverthless, I don't feel challenged enough. I recently completed the main questline ... I didn't suffer at all in the Molag Bal final challenge.
I knew from the beginning I was gonna win that fight ... and indeed it was like I forecasted.

I recently completed the "Imperial City" questline ... it was more difficult than the base game, I felt the exciting feeling of the challenge again. But now it's over.

Going on with the DLC chrono order, I am now playing the Orsinium DLC.
Unfortunately, that annoying feeling that I always know I am gonna master every challenge ... is back.
Practical Example: I recently fought Ice Hearth.
As I often do, I red something about the quest before doing it, and this boss was described like this:

"This can be a very challenging battle for low-level players, so it is adviced to take the necessary precautions. Ice-Heart will use multiple frost spells to freeze the Vestige in place, afterwhich he will hit them with his blade. His lair will be filled with several frozen minions, who will attack the Vestige in waves. Ice-Heart's frozen minions will carry both ranged weapons and blades." (https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/For_King_and_Glory)

"Oh finally" ... I thought. I am gonna face a difficult boss eventually...

Unfortunately this was NOT the case. Not at all. The boss was easy, predictable, I haven't even used a single potion to demolish him and he never managed to give me an hard time. He didn't even managed to freeze me.
And of course, the same sense of "easyness" was felt while fighting the npcs before arriving to the lair.

What am I doing wrong? Why do I find the game so easy? Why (exception done for imperial city) I am not finding any decent difficulty while progressing the game so far?
Stupid like it might sound, I have 245 cps but I never used one ... the reason? My worry is that, if I use my cps, the game will get even easier!

Thanks a lot for your answers, I know it sounds weird, but I am frustrated by the lack of challenge, even if I love this game so much
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try more challenging content or maybe reallocating your cp to zero? That should ratchet up the difficulty some..

*obviously reading and comprehension aren't my strong point lol
    As @xWarbrain said sounds like you're ready for maelstrom

Edited by jadarock on December 2, 2019 8:04PM
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veteran Maelstrom Arena.

You're welcome.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The story lines are not met to be a challenge. They are meant to be an interactive story. You want a challenge? Learn to solo public dungeons, world bosses, instanced dungeons, the arenas, and trials.
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The story lines are not met to be a challenge. They are meant to be an interactive story. You want a challenge? Learn to solo public dungeons, world bosses, instanced dungeons, the arenas, and trials.

Solo trials? Good one.

Other than that, this is true. Have you tried soloing a public dungeon? Might want to start with that. If that poses no problem (which, if you finally go and spend your CP, it really shouldn't), you can try for World Bosses. If you can do those by yourself, although the DLC ones are much harder and not really meant to be soloed, but most of the vanilla ones can be done, you can try for group dungeons.

Btw, are you a dedicated solo-player? If not, have you actually tried the group dungeons yet? In a group, I mean? If you find the normals too easy, you can always go vet and see if you find the vanilla ones challenging enough. If you don't there's always the DLC dungeons and those are definitely challenging.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite simply, Zone Story quests are not all that challenging as most of the player base prefers that. Even for me who can do some decent (but not great by any stretch) DPS, I dont want combat to get in the way of the story. It is enough that I know there are elements hostile to what I am trying to do.

However, I do enjoy challenges in this game, that is what Vet Dungeons or Trials is for. World Bosses and Normal Dungeons done Solo is also a nice challenge. Craglorn is a good place to play too.

Or, if your thinking you are all that and a cookie, go do some PvP or Battlegrounds. You may find that a humbling experience.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xWarbrain wrote: »
    Veteran Maelstrom Arena.

You're welcome.

Yea, since you are doing Orsinium now, try vMA and get back to us.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    quest are not "challenging" they just time fillers, try vet DLC dungeons or the odd HM trial :smiley: level 245cp you have not even scratched the surface
  • King4MyQueen
    King4MyQueen
    Soul Shriven
    From your answers, I believe I need to add some info about myself as player.
    I am a PVE lover player. I enjoy the story a lot.
    Every zone, I try to enjoy all the contents I can (delves, skyshards and so on) ... I tried occasionally some World bosses, but this is more an exception. I never managed to beat a World Boss alone.

Yes, I played (less than 10 times I guess) some 4 player Dungeons (only vanilla's).
    They can be challenging, but you are just the 25% of the team, it depends only for a small part on you ... the level of challenge it's about the team as a whole.

Yes, I played a couple of trials (two or three) ... in the trials there are a bunch of players. I am a DD, so my contribution get lost in the mess, I cannot even measure it.

From what I readso far, my feeling is that your telling me

"Yes, this game can be challenging, but only in Dungeons, Trials, Bosses and so on ... not in the storylines".

This is a bit sad. You are basically telling me that I will progress through the game, from Imperial City to Elsweyr, like a machine, without any real challenge. This feels like "babysitting" the storyline.
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, try Veteran Maelstrom Arena. If you're looking for hard content designed for a solo player, that is it. You will not find it easy.

Other than that, most of the harder content is designed for group play.

You can try the thieves guild / dark brother hood quests. I always thought it was harder to do quests where you aren't supposed to get caught. And quests in Craglorn are a bit harder than other zones I guess.

XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they really nerfed the difficulty of story/zone quests since One Tamriel new players will never know what its like to fight Doshia on release which is sad anyways I had the same feeling going through the North Elswyer main quest as you had OP they hype up Zumog Phoom as some godlike necromancer that can summon entire legions of undead yada yada and i killed him in 8 seconds on my main by accident it wasn't till I looted the body did I realize this was the big bad necromancer that everyone was afraid about i went in with my new necromancer with no CP and decent level 40 gear and he was more spec'd out to tank than DPS killed Phoom in 15 seconds or so luckily the fights at the end of the quest line was more epic but still.
    Edited by RebornV3x on December 2, 2019 9:23PM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Some zones are harder than others but the zone content is not super challenging if you gear up.

Now, I have a farmer character that I geared for Max Speed and Stamina Regen. His only purpose is to Farm materials. For him, even with 810 CPS allocated, overland content is a challenge if I stay and fight. Not saying it's difficult, but the challenge is there. If I pulled my CPs, and used non set gear, overland would be even more of a challenge. He usually just runs from Mobs.

You can also do Off Meta builds where you have to approach combat differently. There are some goofy set combos in this game that will get the job done, but you are going to have to work at it.

Something I like to do is apply the least number of hits possible to kill the mobs, rather than burn them in a relentless fusillade of skills.

However, if your looking for a Solo Challenge in a PvE setting, you either do Maelstrom Arena, Normal or Vet, PvE in Cyrodill without shying away from other players, or soloing Craglorn.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is correct, @King4MyQueen The overland and story quests will not be challenging once you have a basic idea of what you’re doing. (I started in Elsweyr and found several of the story quests and even delve bosses challenging while I was still learning to play.)

For difficulty solo, you could, as others have suggested, do public dungeons and dolmens solo. Then world bosses and normal dungeons (as in doing the latter by yourself instead of with three other people).

I could be mistaken, but I think that most games focused on story, or at least the aspects of most games focused on story, are generally the easiest content so that it is accessible to all players. For challenge you generally need to do group content or PvP.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish that the main content and more solo content would be a bit harder, so that there is some sort of accomplishment when finishing for example a main story of a new zone. Between vMA and overland there is much space in between which can be filled imo. Like Doshia for example, it was just fine.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Story quests are for that, the story. There is other content in the game to offer more challenge. The basic strategy of a theme park MMORPG, like ESO is, provides tiered difficulty from the easiest being open world quests up to the more difficult vet HM trials. Lots of steps between.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do really think they should implement some sort of system that debuffs your character while increasing rewards a bit, besides unallocating CP as there are some CP trees that can change gameplay for certain builds.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • agingerinohio
    agingerinohio
    ✭✭✭
    I would suggest taking on vMA and going for no death speed runs in vet dungeons. Also, trial progression.
    The overland content is not meant to be too challenging.
    Come up with an off the wall build to create more challenges for you in overland.
  • King4MyQueen
    King4MyQueen
    Soul Shriven
    Update: I called on myself the Challenge, and the challenge arrived very well in Orsinium lol

I didn't need to go to Veteran Maelstrom Arena.
    The quest "Nature's Bounty" in Wrothgar is kicking my ass in a very unpleasant way.
    I couldn't pass through the 4 initials empowered Hagraven ... I had to use some (about 40) of my CPs.
    I managed to pass all the "levels" before the boss, but now my "friend" Corintthac the Abomination is giving me very bad moments.
    I used about half of my 246 cps to try to defeat him, but no way, my ass is still getting kicked.
    I am gradually increasing the allocation of cps, trying to use the minimum number of cps ... but I don't even know if I will manage to defeat him using my whole Cps packet, this Boss is very tough.

Trust in ESO again :smile:
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What am I doing wrong? Why do I find the game so easy? Why (exception done for imperial city) I am not finding any decent difficulty while progressing the game so far?
    Stupid like it might sound, I have 245 cps but I never used one ... the reason? My worry is that, if I use my cps, the game will get even easier!

Thanks a lot for your answers, I know it sounds weird, but I am frustrated by the lack of challenge, even if I love this game so much

You do nothing wrong. They made it very easy. Anything story based is usually balanced for the lowest possible nominator.
    Story and social mode is very easy since 1.6. You can solo dungeons or maybe PvP

• Owondyah
    Owondyah
    ✭✭✭
    you can level naked, without equipment at all... probably can complete at least 50% of achievements naked too

it's modern mmo... built to catter to spoiled brats of today. Sadly
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do what I do.

Only Use 75 CP
    Only use 12 Skill points
    Always Begin the Quest line with no EQ and only use the EQ you find during your Quest.

Remove the Compass
    Dont look at the maps for the arrow pointing you where the objective is.
    Do 1 quest at a time
    If in trouble act like other players are npc you get to ask for direction.

If you dont like that... and seams too much of a drag...

Get Flawless Conqueror, GODSLAYER and Former Emperor Titles
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you don't feel challenged a lot, a midget daedra wants to have a conversation with you. He resides just past a fiery portal in north Wrothgar :D
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jadarock wrote: »
    Try more challenging content or maybe reallocating your cp to zero? That should ratchet up the difficulty some..

*obviously reading and comprehension aren't my strong point lol
    As @xWarbrain said sounds like you're ready for maelstrom

My thought exactly. And grouping with others to do challenging group content.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed in part, I do wish the delves where a little bit harder. The mobs inside are as squishy as the outdoor trash mobs. I recently re-subbed and started a Warden. Using no CP points and no help from my main I'm level 31 now and using armor I can find although the sets I'm using are 5-5-2 trash mobs out in the open die like flies which is just fine. But the delves are just as easy including the bosses. I guess you don't want the delve bosses to be un-soloable but they need to be at least a little hard. Most have like 120,000 HP's while normal trash mobs have from 25 to 60 k or so. They could be bumped up to 200 to 300 HP's IMO. I'm unable to solo WB's and that's fine, I couldn't do that on my main until I reached good CP and learned rotation. I was just thinking this very thing last night, there's not really an inbetween type of content. It's either limp noodle mobs or heavy hitters. Something in the middle would be a great add to the game experience.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Amazon MMORPG drops at the end of May.

See you there.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    New Amazon MMORPG drops at the end of May.

See you there.

People who really like PvP, especially team based PvP, might like it. Especially those who like survival style PvP. There is a solo aspect but much of the game requires being part of a team. I expect many of those truilly into PvP were part of alpha and beta testing. I preferred the northern areas because the challenge was greater so it weeded out less experienced players.

Those who like PvE will find it less interesting as the PvE narrative is pretty light. It is hardly a competitor to ESO.
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lately I've been playing in first person pov with no food. Give that a whirl 🤗

I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are no real options to increase overland difficulty currently. You can debuf yourself, though it can lead to even more boring overland.

I suggest to play around nightblade RP builds with invisible, to skip many of trashes, and super mega low defence (10k hp and lowest passible resistances, red CP fully disabled).

Oh, and already mentioned - you can disable quest map markers.
    Edited by mocap on January 9, 2020 8:37AM
  • Woodenplank
    Woodenplank
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once you get a few CPs under your belt, most of the game really isn't a challenge.
    Even Maelstrom Arena becomes a breeze, once you've run it twice or thrice (and realize that with enough DPS, you don't have to worry much about any mechanics or difference in enemy types).
    Veteran dungeons, outside of the newest DLC ones, are also a breeze, and can often be solo'ed. Of course, there's no particular reason to solo them - you don't get more loot (quite the contrary) or rewards.
    Even a lot of trials are pretty easy, provided your group isn't minimal CP and/or grumbling fools.

I discussed this at length, and a bunch of other issues with the game in my rather long post here - If you feel up to it, I'd love to hear if people agree with my points/suggestions there.
    I think it is central to ESO's well-being to critique the developers when they change the game (or fail to change something).
    But the negativity can be exhausting, so I vow to post 50/50 negativity and appreciation.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a temp solution, why not improve the loot based on the number of participants in dungeons or trials? Then one can start running some dungeons solo etc. to obtain special rewards. Nothing must been changed for people who don't like hard content, and for those who like harder content have interesting options & motivation to play the game.
    Edited by Adernath on January 26, 2020 10:42PM