The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

December 2019 login rewards

Danikat
Danikat
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
KakTbTb.jpg

Crown XP Scroll
2x Refreshing Drink
50x Gold Coast Debilitating Poison
2x Fortifying Meal
10x Gold Coast Swift Surveyor Elixir
Instant Clothing Research
10,000 gold
2x Crown XP Scroll
4x Refreshing Drink
50x Gold Coast Draining Poison
4x Fortifying Meal
10x Gold Coast Spellcaster Elixir
Instant Woodworker Reseach
Grand Gold Coast XP Scroll
3x Crown XP Scroll
6x Refreshing Drink
50x Gold Coast Trapping Poison
6x Fortifying Meal
10x Gold Coast Warrior Elixir
Instant Blacksmithing Research
Preview Crate: Frost Atronach
1,000 gold
1,000 alliance points
1,000 tel-var stones
2,000 gold
2,000 alliance points
2,000 tel-var stones
3,000 gold
3,000 alliance points
3,000 tel-var stones
5,000 gold

Items in bold are marked as major rewards. The Frost Atronach preview crate is most likely a pet version of a frost atronach mount, based on similar crates in previous months.
PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how they aren't even trying anymore. "Merry Non-Denominational Winter Holiday, here's your 1000 tel-var stones!" Possibly the [snip] advent calendar I've ever seen. ;)

[Edit for censor bypass.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on December 1, 2019 1:22AM
    Options
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The time from Christmas to New Year's seems a bit... lackluster, to put it mildly.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny how they aren't even trying anymore. "Merry Non-Denominational Winter Holiday, here's your 1000 tel-var stones!" Possibly the [snip] advent calendar I've ever seen. ;)

[Edit cor censor bypass.]

Major holiday months this is a good thing; would you want to be the one who missed out on something decent because you were out of town visiting relatives?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm always happy for gold and AP. A preview crate is nice. The research scrolls and XP scrolls ditto. Free stuff is good by me!
    Options
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Last year people got a Mount for Xmas this year they got a hint to spend time with family.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
    Options
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the difference between preview and regular Crown Crates?
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    logarifmik wrote: »
    What's the difference between preview and regular Crown Crates?

Preview only has 3 cards and a limited number of items in them. You normally get a pet and potions.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool. Looks good to me.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is frost atronach crates old ones returning?

Because I saw some people riding some frost-y mounts
    Options
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[Edit for censor bypass.]

K - the rewards are indeed, meh - compared to, well, ANY other month - but I just wanted to say I screen-shotted the above response, and will use it liberally this holiday season... so, Happy Festing!

S.
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crate will randomly award one of five Frost Atronach pets.
    Senche cub, bear cub, pony, wolf pup:

aw_crwn_pets_frostatronach_senchecub_1x1.jpg
    aw_crwn_pets_frostatronachbearcub_1x1.jpg
    aw_crwn_pets_frostatronachpony_1x1.jpg
    aw_pets_frostatronach_wolfpup_1x1.jpg

This upcoming crate season replaces the guar apex with a kagouti, so the pet is a kagouti calf:

aw_crwn_pets_frostatronachkagouticalf_1x1.jpg
    signing off
    Options
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even care that the days of 7 crates in a month and other actually exciting things are all gone. Honeymoon is over, the ship has sailed.

But could they have at least mixed it up a bit? It feels like you get pretty much the same rewards in pretty much the same order for the last couple of months...
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »

This upcoming crate season replaces the guar apex with a kagouti, so the pet is a kagouti calf:

Oh, I don't even CARE which one happens for me! They are all WAY TOO CUTE! I love me my pets and mounts....
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monthly rewards are garbage. It is known
    Options
  • oddbasket
    oddbasket
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was looking forward to December, hoping ZOS will drop another unique guar mount to commemorate the end of ESO's 2019.
    2019 may have been plagued with server and perfomance issues, but it wasn't all bad, I've at least enjoyed playing through both Elsweyr zones.
    Options
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »

After seeing these i might just have to re install and do log ins :)😉😊
    Options
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Major holiday months this is a good thing; would you want to be the one who missed out on something decent because you were out of town visiting relatives?

Remember ppl complained about the loot crates and stuff so they removed it. Now these SAME ppl complain about a lackluster calendar lol.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
    Options
  • thermatico
    thermatico
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would show some remorse for their short-comings the past few months and put some descent daily login rewards... nah.
    Options
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »

Remember ppl complained about the loot crates and stuff so they removed it. Now these SAME ppl complain about a lackluster calendar lol.

cant please everyone trying to do so is madness

anywhoo kaguti or guar that pet is cute
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That effort should help with their server load issues.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd trade it all in for not having to type DESTROY on a separate window for garbage poisons, drinks, duplicate outfit pages that can't even be banked and don't stack, Unmarked Sacks with unstackable Monk's Disguises, and so forth.

Why do we have to jump through hoops to get rid of useless stuff?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    I'd trade it all in for not having to type DESTROY on a separate window for garbage poisons, drinks, duplicate outfit pages that can't even be banked and don't stack, Unmarked Sacks with unstackable Monk's Disguises, and so forth.

p sure Dolugbon added an auto-confirm option to Lazy Writ Crafter or has it as a separate mod.
    Options
  • Zorrin
    Zorrin
    ✭✭✭✭

Mark 'em as junk and then press X to delete all junk. No more all caps DESTROY-ing ;)
    Options
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »
    Is frost atronach crates old ones returning?

Because I saw some people riding some frost-y mounts

There was a radiant apex draugr frost senche mount from a previous season of crates, as well as a frost mare horse that looked about like the ice atro pets we have coming.
    Options
  • Daimonion82
    Daimonion82
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping for a mount or costume. Well, generally for anything different than another crate with useless pet inside. C'mon, it's Christmas! Let me turn that pet into gems at least!
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »

It’s not so much that it’s lacklustre, it’s more that it lacks any sense that anyone at ZOS has poured even a millisecond of imagination into this. It is ’rewards’ with all the joy sucked from their bones.

Where’s the stupid thing for the holiday season? Like some dumb but amusing headgear

Where’s the fun thing that might encourage someone who isn’t into housing to have a go at that? A new life festive decoration for instance...

Why keep giving players useless poisons without a quick way to delete them?

It’s almost as if they want to make the first thing you see in game as boring and bland as they can. So your first task is to open your inventory and delete it while simultaneously silently cursing the ZOS name.

Literally a whole month of no fun.

Still they did get the number of days right, which is something of a major achievement for the dev team.
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heatnix90 wrote: »

p sure Dolugbon added an auto-confirm option to Lazy Writ Crafter or has it as a separate mod.

That works as a charm on jewellery writs... which a mere 18 months after their release still aren’t worth doing.

St Dolgubon may be the patron saint of PC crafters, but he’s not omnipotent. Not even he can instantly recognise all the inventory blocking garbage ZOS throws at us. Or solve the innumerable issues that make inventory such an arse ache.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    Heatnix90 wrote: »

St Dolgubon may be the patron saint of PC crafters, but he’s not omnipotent. Not even he can instantly recognise all the inventory blocking garbage ZOS throws at us. Or solve the innumerable issues that make inventory such an arse ache.

Yeah, what does it say to their logic that you can accidentally deconstruct that rare golded out weapon you made 50 runs to get with a click or two (if you didn't lock it), but you have to perfectly type something out in caps lock and then confirm to destroy some trash poisons you have to accept to get the giant nag screen ad out of your face so you can play.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree the rewards (especially for the Christmas month and not having exactly "covered themselves in glory" this year, as Matt put it) aren't exactly thrilling, at the end of the day, it's free stuff for doing something you were going to do anyway...log in.

I'm not normally one to give unnecessary praise, but I've seen daily rewards in other games. At least in ESO there are some nuggets of decent to good rewards. Yes, alot of junk as well, but it's not all bad. Especially if you can look beyond your personal wants and needs. 10k gold might be nothing to you, for example, but can make the difference for someone else.

No one's arguing the rewards are lackluster, but, are they supposed to be? I just don't get the outrage over this. They absolutely don't have to give us anything....
    Edited by Kel on December 1, 2019 9:48AM
    Options
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For Christmas we are all getting a stocking full of bugs. However, it will be 3 days late because of lag.
    Options