The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dragons in base game zones?

Meesha1170
Meesha1170
✭✭✭✭
I have been out of the loop for a while but when I was in Daggerfall last night to buy something from the Impressario I was shocked to see a giant reddish hued dragon flying over the city.

Immediately I went to the map to see if there were new world encounters I hadn’t heard about and did not see and dragon head icons floating around. Do dragons now just randomly appear across Tamriel now? Kinda cool if so.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, @Meesha1170, but they are only in the Alliance starter cities to help celebrate the Event ... and can’t be engaged in combat.

“Dragons! In our homeland!”

It’s a nice touch ... if only for a few days. ;)

Edited by Taleof2Cities on November 30, 2019 5:19PM
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they can also be seen in Alliance capitals places like Mournhold, Wayrest, and Eldenroot from time to time
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its an ingame advertisement designed to instil a fear of missing out in people who dont already own the content.

Does look cool though. Would be sweet if they were interactable in some way in base game zones instead of just being a flying 'Buy Elsweyr and subscribe!' Banner. Like do a powerful aoe on populated areas and then leave.

Make us not just ignore them.

• Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ha, it looks like the iPhone double post glitch still lives on. Thanks everyone for the replies in the duplicate thread everyone. Yes indeed, love seeing the dragons.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haquor wrote: »
    Like do a powerful aoe on populated areas and then...
    And then, when you try to attack it without owning content, a pop-up (just like the one for the thieves troves) shows to remind that you can only attack a dragon after buying the chapter or DLC.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Sylianwe
    Sylianwe
    ✭✭✭
    Cool isn't it? The funniest thing I've heard was when a dragon flew overhead in Eldenroot:

"Dragons! What do they eat? Throw a cow at it!"

Made me chuckle, thank you ZOS, that was excellent!
    Edited by Sylianwe on May 12, 2021 10:21PM
    The mind is a walled garden, even death can not touch the flowers blooming there 🌹
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I came out of my house in Glenumbra and one flew by. I was like WTF!