The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

NERF SIEGE

• Cowars
    Cowars
    ✭✭
    SillyGT wrote: »
    Siege is over performing in cyrodiil. How is something so unbelievable powerful with literally no counter play???? Siege shield is completely useless you still can die to 30k cold stone trebs and 25k meatbags. And you can’t move out of it because people will just set up more than you are just fighting more siege than actual people. How is something from medieval times more powerful than literal magic? My suggestions are to buff siege shield like crazy or remove damage from siege all together and just have it apply status effects. Because having people dog pilling on you with a scatter shot and meat bag both doing 25-30k damage and apply more damage taken healing debuffs is so unfair. Status effects of siege weapons are strong enough to kill people why does it have to do an outrageous amount of damage too?

lol 4 to 5 siege on your group and no one died! So how are siege weapons so powerful again and need a nerf??? @SillyGT ???

https://youtu.be/QhGl-KZcaCY
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cowars wrote: »
    Siege is over performing in cyrodiil. How is something so unbelievable powerful with literally no counter play???? Siege shield is completely useless you still can die to 30k cold stone trebs and 25k meatbags. And you can’t move out of it because people will just set up more than you are just fighting more siege than actual people. How is something from medieval times more powerful than literal magic? My suggestions are to buff siege shield like crazy or remove damage from siege all together and just have it apply status effects. Because having people dog pilling on you with a scatter shot and meat bag both doing 25-30k damage and apply more damage taken healing debuffs is so unfair. Status effects of siege weapons are strong enough to kill people why does it have to do an outrageous amount of damage too?

lol 4 to 5 siege on your group and no one died! So how are siege weapons so powerful again and need a nerf??? @SillyGT ???

Interesting because this is a poor example of what I was talking about obviously 4 standard ballistas aren’t going to do anything what I was talking about is having actually 10+ meatbags on us and 5-8 scatter shots on us and cold stone trebs what you provided is ridiculous

Edited by SillyGT on November 22, 2019 6:36AM
  • notvenousdrake
    notvenousdrake
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah siege is too strong nothing worse than trying to kill a group in a tower just to have some bot shooting coldfire from 3 feet in front of you
  • LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf light attacks, they are too strong and OP. Why ppl can kill me just by spamming LMB? Unfair
  • tracker789
    tracker789
    Soul Shriven
    - Counter-siege (flame, lightning) should actually be used against siege since that’s their purpose.

- How do people find it enjoyable to just spam R2 firing siege?

- Siege should cost stamina

- Siege shield doesn’t matter when you have like 10+ siege on you.

- You shouldn’t be able to place siege in the inner part of a keep/outpost you don’t own (ex. oil on walls).

You buy ESO to fight people with skills.
    Edited by tracker789 on November 22, 2019 6:38PM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting because this is a poor example of what I was talking about obviously 4 standard ballistas aren’t going to do anything what I was talking about is having actually 10+ meatbags on us and 5-8 scatter shots on us and cold stone trebs what you provided is ridiculous

Interesting. You think 4 standard ballista's are under performing but then you think siege is OP because you have 10+ meatbags, 5-8 scattershots and a freaking COLD STONE TREB! on you.

What is wrong with this community? Siege should kill people..players should not be able to stand in siege without dying.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Claire
    Claire
    ✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    What?? They must be buffed to a state equal to Summerset Sieges B).
    The first 2 weeks without ball groups.

That was the best two week period in Cyro in recent memory -- bring siege back to that level of damage.
  • HalvarIronfist
    HalvarIronfist
    ✭✭✭✭

So what I got out of this "I stood in red circle. Red circle hurt me! Nerf Red Circle!"

Really, in my PVP experience the only people who typically die to siege is inattentive players. Anyone else.. Might get out of the way, purge, or you know.. Find a counter play. Will it hurt you? Yes, obviously, but should you consistently. (From the sound of your post) die to it? No.

For example, I used to run a bow gank build in CP cyro, I was able to quite frequently pop off a killing combo on defenders who would peek just a little too much. Or in cases of a keep being sieged, just go up on the walls.. and use your siege to counter them..

I don't think there's anything wrong with siege, if you wanted it to be OP, lets revert to the OP siege that was just the best thing ever.
    Edited by HalvarIronfist on November 22, 2019 7:48PM
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    RedGirl41 wrote: »
    Anyone that thinks siege should be buff clearly hasn’t died to 18k oils. Because they are the one sitting back and sieging.

That's funny, I sit in siege on the front lines all the time on my templar, mag DK, stam DK, stam sorc, etc. in defense and offense. It takes close to six cold stones at once to kill me and oil is a joke, and I am not a tank and play in only light and medium in Cyrodiil without max resist. If you are a vampire and can't handle it as a vampire then simply don't be one or run counters, one of which includes moving.

Lol... cold stones hit 18k on impact. So 108k damage at once to kill you? weird flex
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerf Seige
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Cowars
    Cowars
    ✭✭
    Cowars wrote: »

Ok now I am confused because your original complaint was about one 25k meatbags and one 30k cold stone trebs or one scatter shot and one meat bag at 25-30k damage... they had 4( two meatbags, two lightning trebs) siege hitting your group and nothing... then now you change it to 10+ meatbags, 5-8 scatter shots and one cold stone trebs... lol ok yeah 19 siege weapons hitting your group if that doesn't kill y'all then I will ask zos for a buff. But nerfing siege would mean that it will take 30+ siege weapons to kill your group lol yeah zos please balance the game and nerf siege!
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got hit with a 26k treb the other day. Laughed but also cried.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • DCZergNoob
    DCZergNoob
    ✭✭✭

If you die to siege your a bot, Which you obviously did which is why you made a post about it
    So: Your a bot
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Anyone that thinks siege should be buff clearly hasn’t died to 18k oils. Because they are the one sitting back and sieging.

That's funny, I sit in siege on the front lines all the time on my templar, mag DK, stam DK, stam sorc, etc. in defense and offense. It takes close to six cold stones at once to kill me and oil is a joke, and I am not a tank and play in only light and medium in Cyrodiil without max resist. If you are a vampire and can't handle it as a vampire then simply don't be one or run counters, one of which includes moving.

Lol... cold stones hit 18k on impact. So 108k damage at once to kill you? weird flex

That's the state of the game right now. I think I have close to 14K hp/s (passively on DK and templar :D ) when all is said and done. Since its improbable that all will hit at the same time, you can take a lot of hits like that until it happens randomly. Again, movement works, and it seems the game does take into account movement when calculating when to place damage especially during high lag conditions. I also stack as much damage reduction as possible so the other damage tickles.

I'm fairly certain that a lot of the people crying about healing have run into me. I remember their account names after all...

I mean, its not my fault they messed with me when I have a white dress on...that's the warning sign I'm using a test build and its definitely something disgusting :D
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind, OP runs one of the most cancerous ball groups on PS4.

https://youtu.be/lZMtoZYsWdk

Of course he wants seige nerfed, it's one of the only counters to his permafrost/eye of the storm ultimate dumping, massive cross healing, time stop slinging, VD wearing, spin to win bros.

Heaven forbid if there's actually something that puts a dent in that nonsense. They should just be able to roll over anything they want unopposed!

This community is so damn ridiculous sometimes.
    Edited by Kel on December 16, 2019 12:50PM
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure getting hit in the face in real life by a giant flaming rock or huge slabs of rotten meat is going to do a lot of damage to you.
  • Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please look into this it’s really unfair that people 50+ Meters and click one button and kill 5 people instantly.

WTF INSTANT ? are u drunk its like 10sec delay and there is a big red circle if u dont go out of it its surely your problem
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have to say I'm starting to agree. It's OK small scale, but when it's 20-30 people on siege/counter siege it's a bit ridiculous.

And it's still not really hurting ball groups.

Edited by Mr_Walker on December 17, 2019 1:36AM
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

Sure it is.
    Or Silly wouldn't be here trying to get them nerfed.
    That's literally all this dude does is run in a ball group. You can reread his post and see this very much hurts his cheesy ball group. Or else this post wouldn't exist.
    Edited by Kel on December 17, 2019 4:27AM
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Nerfs siege*

Next update: "Why are all these ball groups just standing in my oils like its a hot shower and they don't even care? I hit them with meatbags and cold fire trebs and its like it doesn't do anything!
    I know! Nerf Healing!!!!!"

Funnily enough, in the campaign Silly's talking about, it's the 50 man ball groups doing the sieging.(I'm not here to ask for nerfs, just thought it was funny). Emp group comes across me and my friend, literally just the 2 of us, and the have at least 5 people immediately setting siege. It's glorious.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    d1dd0d4ceca27a13dfe177ccea6a3c59.jpg
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

Sure it is.

Not really. Watched them in Cyro all weekend, Unless you have an outrageous number of counter-siege on a breach, the ball groups still run straight through, and inevitably head for a tower.

Maybe he needs to organise his group better.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Siege should hurt. Nerfing it would be a horrible idea.
  • iJuacob
    iJuacob
    ✭✭✭
    I swear soon they will be posting about nerfing our mount too
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow damage needs to match this damage.
    fair is fair
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Nerfs siege*

Next update: "Why are all these ball groups just standing in my oils like its a hot shower and they don't even care? I hit them with meatbags and cold fire trebs and its like it doesn't do anything!

This.

And it is already happening in other nerf cycles that started from similar requests in the first place.

People really cannot think much into the future and how much damage their nerf requests can do and already have done to the game. Surprised pikachu face always when they realize they just made the whole game worse and in trying to "fix" their errors they make new terrible nerf requests.. that make things even worse, again.

*sigh*

• Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »
    *Nerfs siege*

This.

And it is already happening in other nerf cycles that started from similar requests in the first place.

People really cannot think much into the future and how much damage their nerf requests can do and already have done to the game. Surprised pikachu face always when they realize they just made the whole game worse and in trying to "fix" their errors they make new terrible nerf requests.. that make things even worse, again.

*sigh*
    Although to be fair, the 30% buff to siege damage in CP PvP (a few months ago) was a good start in the right direction.
    Even then, the direct damage still feels somewhat weak - maybe another 10-15% buff would be in order. (siege DoTs are in a good spot now, no buffs needed there IMO)

Another BIG step in the right direction was the siege shield nerf. The old 90% damage reduction to siege weapons made them effectively indestructible with essentially 0 counterplay; now with only 75% they take a lot more damage.
    (and don't say "duh, just negate the bubble on the ram" - sure, that would remove it... for all of 2-3 seconds at best, just to be recast again almost immediately, wasting all your ultimate in the process)

Siege shield I feel is in a pretty good spot right now: still very viable for protecting the outlying ballistae and trebs from countersiege, yet not so OP as to effectively completely prevent rams from being destroyed by pouring oils.
  • Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    fair is fair

u know a little small bow should never do same damage as a damn siege xd this would make 0 sense
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    buff load screens
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xologamer wrote: »
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    fair is fair

u know a little small bow should never do same damage as a damn siege xd this would make 0 sense
    Lol, this reminded me of the classic "backstab with a ballista?" clip (the relevant part starts at 2:40):

:D