The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Where can one send ideas and requests to the Devs where they can see and read them?

Tickets2Gunshow
Please, don't say the forums because that's so generic. There's hundreds of categories and I've not seen one channel where you can send the Devs ideas, requests, or anything.
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You must be new here...

It doesnt matter what we say, developers do what they want and ignore player feedback... Incap Nerf, Cast times in ults and much much more.
  • Tickets2Gunshow
    So there isn't a proper channel then... And here I thought I was all alone in the world.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps bake them a cake and put your idea on the top in icing?

Then send them the cake - after all no one ignores the cake!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • EdoKeledus
    EdoKeledus
    ✭✭✭
    Shall we tell him/her ?
    DC PC EU Vivec
    Daggerfall Convenant Loyalist

• Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EdoKeledus wrote: »
    Shall we tell him/her/it/Apache Helicopter ?

I corrected it for you
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D:*B) I laughed so hard I just completed my weekly laughter allowance - thanks
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    >/dev/null

seems to be as effecting as anything!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where can one send ideas and requests to the Devs where they can see and read them?
    Not here.

In fact, its definitely a "don't call us, we would call you, but we won't" kind of thing - not in the least for legal reasons.
    After all, if some guy sent them an idea they happened to be already working on, and later sued them for "using his idea", demanding compensation... they definitely would not want to deal with that sort of mess, and that is why there is no direct line to the developers. Also, ZOS pays them for developing, not for reading ideas and requests.

The best you can do here is post any ideas and requests on the forums, see what the feedback of the people here might be, and -hope- that someone at ZOS takes a peek, sees the idea is recieved favorably by many people, thinks "hey, we could do something along those lines", and forwards a note to the developers.
    But expect them to rebuild any idea until its barely recognizable as they add all their own considerations!
    - after all no one ignores the cake!
    The_cake_is_a_lie.jpg
    :p;):lol:
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Write them on a paper and burn the paper afterwards. Smoke has a better chance to reach the devs.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you also have to consider yes is that they know many things we do not. They know their future roadmap, they know the limitations of time and budget etc.

But also with any creative act you have to be confident in your direction and your vision. You need to shut out the 'do that' 'no do that' whispers to an extent or you would never get anything done.

No harm at all in posting any idea you have here but at the end of the day they have to take the creative decisions, they have to own those decisions and if lots of suggestions seem to throw them off course then they have to go with their guts and have a certain kind of 'tunnel vision' in order to get the end result out of the door at all.

If that makes any sort of sense.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post them in the combat mechanics forum as its a slower forum. Technically anything you write here is the property of zos so they can use your ideas if you offer them by posting them on their forums. From the terms of service:

If You do send any creative materials, including, but not limited to, feedback, creative suggestions, error corrections, ideas, notes, drawings, fan art, storylines, music, concepts, data, or other Content that is not UGC or a Game Mod, transmitted via the Services, websites, U.S. Postal Service, Fed-Ex, mail, electronic mail or otherwise (collectively “Information”), such creative materials and communications shall to the fullest extent permitted by law be deemed to be the property of ZeniMax and You hereby assign and agree to assign to ZeniMax full and unfettered ownership of all such Information. None of the Information shall be subject to any obligation of confidentiality on the part of ZeniMax and ZeniMax shall not be liable to You for any use or disclosure of any Information. ZeniMax shall exclusively own any now known or hereafter existing rights to the Information of every kind and nature throughout the universe and on any media, and shall be entitled to unrestricted use and exploitation of the Information for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to, or approval by, You.
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please, don't say the forums because that's so generic. There's hundreds of categories and I've not seen one channel where you can send the Devs ideas, requests, or anything.

You know there's an option in the game; /feedback

Whatever you write will go to someone who reads it. Whether any action would be taken is a totally different thing. I think any company has to be very careful about accepting unsolicited ideas; we've all seen/heard about incidents "devs have concepts of a storyline planned out, random someone sends in a scenario that duplicates some aspect of the story, and random someone sues the company for "stealing" their idea". Even though the company didn't. Copyright issues aren't real fun to deal with.

Requesting a chapter set in Atmora, or new armor, new npcs or whatever might go over better.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As other people have said they cannot, for legal reasons, accept ideas submitted outside of the forum. This is an over-simplification but someone could send them an email saying "I think you should make a chapter set in Skyrim" and then, if the next chapter is announced and it's set in Skyrim that person could potentially claim ZOS is profiting from their idea and take them to court for a share of the profits. Same for character designs, new systems, crown store items etc. etc.

Whereas one of the things you agree to when registering for this forum is that ZOS have permission to use any ideas you post, in any way they choose without even crediting you. (And if you don't like that approach the solution is not to post the idea.)

You can post your ideas in whichever forum section/s are most relevant, and if you don't see one you can post it in general discussion. You will not get a reply from ZOS telling you what they think of your idea and whether or not they'll be using it, but you wouldn't get that if you sent an email, letter, cornered them in a bar or whatever else. The most you can hope for is that eventually, after they've had enough time to develop it (which will not be less than weeks - for a minor change - and could be months or years for something big) you will see it in the game.

One advantage of posting ideas in the forum is you've got the chance for other players who like your idea to support you, and for everyone to give feedback so you can identify possible problems with it and suggest solutions, meaning by the time ZOS get to discuss it you've got a really solid idea which could actually work. (Although they will still change it, to suit the way the game works and the way they want to develop it.)

For that reason it's a good idea to try to "sell" your idea. Don't just say "I think ZOS should do X, it would be interesting." Tell us why it's interesting, what it would add to the game, why it would benefit players (and ZOS) to have it included. And if anyone disagrees try not to take it personally and don't see it as they've shut you down and now you have to scrap the entire thing - think about how you could fix the problems they've raised or address their concerns. Maybe they've misunderstood? Maybe they just have a different opinion and this idea is not for them? (I've never entered Battlegrounds, doesn't interest me at all, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the game.) As I said if you can find a solution to those problems now it makes your idea better and more likely to be supported by other players and used by ZOS.

And finally please remember to give it a clear title "I think we should..." is nice click-bait but could be about anything under the sun and short of a moderator checking in to see if they need to lock it unlikely to attract any attention from ZOS. "[Suggestion] A new progression system" makes it clear exactly what it's about so the relevant people at ZOS will know it relates to their work and is worth reading.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • ArenGesus
    ArenGesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    someone could send them an email saying "I think you should make a chapter set in Skyrim" and then, if the next chapter is announced and it's set in Skyrim that person could potentially claim ZOS is profiting from their idea and take them to court for a share of the profits

lol, no.
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually use the ingame ticket system for it (as that's where i usually am getting my inspiration), and it has worked before :D
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps bake them a cake and put your idea on the top in icing?

Then send them the cake - after all no one ignores the cake!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

This one agrees. Everyone loves cake, yes? :D
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bug fixes submitted in game, they see and sometimes fix. Input from the test server they see and mostly ignore. Great, massive, screaming 80 page long threads with hundreds of individual contributers seem to be ignored (bosmer race passives) or occasionally pandered to (shield cast time, and slight walk-back of DoT damage nerf). Numerical data of who is playing what, how often, and wiping where seem to have some traction. Note the stacked events these past 3 weeks to get the six month population slide back up and the nerf to planar inhibitor a while back.

So, your best bet is to apply for a job with them to have some real input. Alternatively, run 1000 groups using a class you want buffed and intentionally wipe at a dungeon spot or to a BG opponent you want nerfed. I haven't tried either of the last two, but it could work...
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the suggestion box from bethesda right here for you

didn-amp-039-t-read-lol_c_4075299.jpg
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish in one hand.....

contact zos in the other.

Same effect.
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,

Some posts have been removed due to spam and baiting content. Please continue the discussion in a constructive manner.

ESO players are always welcome to send a feedback ticket with any ideas or suggestions they want to be heard by the developers.
    Staff Post
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Santie cake is the best option.
    Communication with ZoS is lagging as their game.

Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

Some posts have been removed due to spam and baiting content. Please continue the discussion in a constructive manner.

ESO players are always welcome to send a feedback ticket with any ideas or suggestions they want to be heard by the developers.

^ proof of them only silencing the truth. They don’t take ideas, only silence people.