The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bug with Murkmire achievement "Hero of Murkmire"

Wybiee
Wybiee
Soul Shriven
I came across some bugs with the Murkmire achievements The River of Rebirth and correspondingly Hero of Murkmire not showing as completed even though I finished the quest By River and Root. So I opened this bug report https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/491815/bug-with-murkmire-achievement-the-river-of-rebirth.

With the release of patch v5.2.9, the issue with the first achievement got fixed and I got the achievement in game when I logged in after the patch. However, it did not affect the second achievement as it still shows that I am missing the achievement, The River of Rebirth in order to get the Hero of Murkmire achievement.

exjz6kcb32e8.png

Username: @Wybiee
Character name: Wybie
Platform: PC EU

Edited by Wybiee on November 19, 2019 8:54AM
  • Dabulousness
    Dabulousness
    ✭✭
    My friend has encountered the same problem with the achievement unlocking with the latest patch, but not Hero of Murkmire despite everything else being checked off.

PS4 EU.
  • Aklite
    Aklite
    Soul Shriven
    Having same issue got river of rebirth achievement with hot fix but am still missing hero of murkmire. Murkmires littered with bugs I just Completed swamp rescuer achievement with two villagers not checked off (though I think I actually rescued them earlier and it just failed to show it completed on the list). That and the daily in root whisper village where the marker sends you in circles. Be glad to get these achievements here behind me what a hassle.
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    Having this issue too, did they manage to fix yours?
  • Wybiee
    Wybiee
    Soul Shriven
    No fix yet, it's been over a year now
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    That's not good :c

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Looks like a previous fix caused another issue, please help. :smiley:
  • Dabulousness
    Dabulousness
    ✭✭
    I can also confirm that the issue still exists for my friend. We're contemplating doing it all again for her on another character, but she wants it on her main and has already met the requirements - should just do a little fix for it, it's extra content, something more that needs purchasing and it's broken :(
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    I personally don't bother with achievements except on my main toon, so I am hoping they eventually get around to this one.
  • Dabulousness
    Dabulousness
    ✭✭
    Same, typically. Quests and whatnot I'll only do on my main unless I really, really need skill points. Otherwise other characters only do dungeons/trials as needed, occasionally PvP
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    I submitted a /bug report in game too so hopefully they acknowledge it this year, but they seem busy with the markarth bugs.
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    I was going through my email looking for when I last contacted support staff to see when my first bug report about this was, sent one back in February about not having the achievement. They really should add up a followup system to bug reports or leave them as open tickets so we can keep in contact about them. :(
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE: not mentioned in today's patch notes. (v6.2.7)
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE: not mentioned in today's patch notes. (v6.2.8)
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE: Happy New Year!!!!!
  • Wybiee
    Wybiee
    Soul Shriven
    UPDATE: I quit this game. Simply tired of all the bugs and crashes encountered in end game raids that make it literally unplayable. It's just frustrating when some patch completely breaks the game but they are not treated as a priority and are not fixed for months, would much rather spend my money somewhere else.
  • Dabulousness
    Dabulousness
    ✭✭
    This has been an ongoing issue for months... Over a year, actually. Any word on a fix? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Dabulousness on January 7, 2021 8:52PM
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunate that you are quitting, but completely understandable. Wish you high frame rates and low ping wherever you go.

Yeah its been over a year, @ZOS support doesn't actually have a way to retroactively reward achievements so they tell us to go to bug reports. Would be awesome if they just made support a tool to do just that considering there are multiple achievements that get bugged for various reasons, and fixing them are always low priority. Would at least cut down on the number of bug reports if they made that tool :)
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE: not mentioned in today's patch notes. (v6.2.9)
  • Dabulousness
    Dabulousness
    ✭✭
    Any type of comment on this issue would be appreciated, even if it's just that you've now seen it @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_SamL
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE: not mentioned in PTS patch notes. (v6.3.0)
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE: not mentioned in PTS patch notes. (v6.3.1)
    UPDATE: not mentioned in PTS patch notes. (v6.3.2)
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE: not mentioned in today's patch notes. (v6.2.10)
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE: not mentioned in PTS patch notes. (v6.3.3)
    UPDATE: not mentioned in PTS patch notes. (v6.3.4)
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE: today might be the day boys, @ZOS_2021

Please make support a tool that allows them to award achievements since this type of bug seems common among a lot of different achievements for varying reasons, and the steps of rectifying the issue are always as follows

1. Send bug report & support ticket
    2. support says send in bug report and to make a thread on bug forum
    3. bug report gives no reply, thread gets ignored for over a year.
    4. no resolution
    5. people complain
    6. @ZOS watches khajit videos on the internet

I'm not saying the people who handle support tickets are better than the dev team, I'm just saying they have better customer service in allowing us to feel heard. Imagine sending in a bug report for something you want fixed and not even knowing if its being worked on. Just outsource handling this type of bug to the support team by making it possible for them to just award the achievements we earned.
    I mean just handing out the achievement on a case by case basis isn't fixing the bug, but will still get the players what they want in a reasonable time frame.
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE: not mentioned in PTS patch notes. (v6.3.5)
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE: not mentioned in PTS patch notes. (v6.3.6)
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE: not mentioned in PTS patch notes. (v6.3.7)
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE: not mentioned in PTS patch notes. (v6.3.8)
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE: not mentioned in PC/Mac Patch Notes v6.3.6
  • Special_XYZ
    Special_XYZ
    ✭✭✭
    Exact same issue for me. It's been probably two years since the bug occurred. How can this not be fixed by a mod?
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    'There are dozens of us... DOZENS'