Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which race (culture) do you think is still under-represented the most?

Lyserus
Lyserus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Let's focus on the main playable 10 races, so I will not add other or other major races to the poll (and we can only have 10 options)

Which race do you think ESO can explore more on? What culture is the least exciting or unique in your taste and in need of expansion?

Me personally feel like breton is lacking the most. Sure they are cool half elf and all, but they are represented in the game as your most classic western medieval culture, and the worst thing is their territory is mostly filled up, yet unlike bosmer who has the same problem, their culture is not illustrated well in vanilla (while bosmeri culture is quite special in vanilla)

Well I would say men races as a whole are less exciting compare to mer races and beastfolk, but imperial got ES4 and imperial city (and really the empire itself is the lore of imperials), nord got ES5 and upcoming skyrim (althogh I feel like vanilla ESO portraited their culture poorly), and redguard culture was did quite well in vanilla and craglorn, so bretons got the worst of it

Which race (culture) do you think is still under-represented the most? 184 votes

Imperial
27%
chuck-18_ESONajaratiGalenLadyAstrumAlienSlofZephiran23phaneub17_ESOhondelinkAhPook_Is_HereJeremyTaleof2CitiesDarkmage1337jad11mumblerBlackbird_VRaddlemanNumber7LumennAmbrokidBobby_V_Rockitmethod__01StrandedMonkey 50 votes
Breton
22%
dcam86b14_ESOSporvanMuizermertustaCloudtraderleeuxShaloknirdaemoniosSilverwillowpeacenoteroflcopterMayraelVevvevVaohRex-UmbraOhtimbarBallcapJacen_VeronLyserusheaven13 42 votes
Orsimer
5%
WuffyCeruleistojekarcub18_ESOcyclonus11AetherderiusNyladreasAsardesCerilonKittytravelusmguy1234Rasande_Robin 10 votes
Redguard
11%
BigBraggGnatrakCaffeinatedMayhemListerJMCTechnoDreamVisionSinolaiSpiderKnightKonstant_Tel_Necrisgrannas211RANKK7FeindrahCatagamiHarrdarrzarrJobooAGSmyskyrim26haelenespekdahdoometteWheresthetea11johnjetau 21 votes
Altmer
3%
OlauronDPShiroArchonLucienRaideenUrvothAnumarilRaveRaveRaveRave 7 votes
Bosmer
9%
Iruil_ESOMaximilianczarbeckamayLarianaDocFrost72FroilChickenSuckeroXI_Viper_IXoElectrone_MagnusKoultouraSTheGreatBlackBearCundu_ErturmacsmoothUntilValhalla13Van_WinkleSendirra 17 votes
Khajiit
2%
xenowarrior92eb17_ESOCloudlessTyharYandereGirlfriendJusticeForJilarga 5 votes
Nord
8%
AzuryaChickensteinlelink88LucyferLightbringerTai-ChiValykcVaranisAranoNord_RaseriValabrogMichaezvaviFoxheartedbmnobleInAMinuteGrimTheReaper45 15 votes
Dunmer
2%
KaioslagruevestahlsThePedge 4 votes
Argonian
7%
phermitgbTheShadowScoutDrayzonRecremenShadow_AkulaHellmaskerTommy_The_GunRave the HistbornDosuulSteff_EnELawlisCirantilleZadokel 13 votes
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    Bretons easy.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, there will probably be a lot of Breton votes because of the lengthy diatribe before the poll.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Breton
    I already knew I'd vote Breton just from the title. They're not necessarily what I'm most interested in, but they have the least content IMO.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    srfrogg23 wrote: »
    Yeah, there will probably be a lot of Breton votes because of the lengthy diatribe before the poll.

I didn't even read the op. It is that bad for bretons.
    Edited by OG_Kaveman on November 19, 2019 3:30AM
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Breton
    srfrogg23 wrote: »

Well it is my personal opinion. And I don't mean to talk bad about bretons, I just think they deserve to get better lores and explore deeper into their culture
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    I could always use more Argonia but I'd be just as happy with Breton themed content. Their architecture is some of my favorite.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know anymore. It used to be the two beast races but then they got their own content expansions.

But in my eyes its still Khajiit. Cause theres never enough cat folk.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nord
    Bretons have TES II: Dagerfall...

Okay, yeah, I haven't played that one. (Vaguely kicking around a fanfic plot for it because, wow, are Arena and Daggerfall ever underrepresented in fanfic, but I gotta finish my current NaNoWriMo first).
    That being said, I enjoyed the four High Rock zones we got in ESO.

Personally?

I'd pick the Nords.
    Why? They've got all of TES V, right?

ESO treats most Nords like it's Skyrim Lite, their three zones are pretty much Skyrim Lite, and frankly I'd rather play Skyrim than play through their zones again.
    Edited by VaranisArano on November 19, 2019 3:56AM
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Orsimer
    Orcs still. They're the only race without a full sized base game zone. Nords are up there, too - more so than Bretons. Though I would like to see a chapter around Imperials that's not PVP.

Not counting dungeon expansions:

Breton
    Starter Zones: 0
    Base Game Zones: 3.5
    DLC Zones: 0
    Chapter Zones: 0

Glenumbra
    Rivenspire
    Stormhaven
    Bangkorai (1/2)

Redguard
    Starter Zones: 1
    Base Game Zones: 1.5
    DLC Zones: 1
    Chapter Zones: 1*
    *Counting Craglorn as a chapter

Stros M'Kai
    Alik'r
    Bangkorai (1/2)
    Hew's Bane
    Craglorn

Orsimer
    Base Game Zones: 0
    Chapter Zones: 1*
    *Counting Wrothgar as a chapter

Betnikh
    Wrothgar

Dunmer
    Base Game Zones: 2
    Chapter Zones: 1

Stonefalls
    Deshaan
    Vvardenfell

Nord
    Base Game Zones: 2

Bleakrock
    Eastmarch
    The Rift

Argonian
    Base Game Zones: 1

Bal Foyen
    Shadowfen
    Murkmire

Altmer

Auridon
    Summerset

Bosmer
    Base Game Zones: 3

Grahtwood
    Greenshade
    Malabal Tor

Khajiit

Khenarthi's Roost
    Reaper's March
    Southern Elsweyr
    Northern Elsweyr

Imperial
    DLC Zones: 2

Cyrodiil
    Imperial City
    Gold Coast

Edited by cyclonus11 on November 19, 2019 4:02AM
  • Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    1317512048005.jpg

...but no, Breton big time.
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    Orc for sheer lack of explorable zones

Breton as far as seeing a culture at all. They’re very generic and uninteresting with most of their schtick seems to be “I don’t like vampires, just don’t mind that a lot of our nobility are vampires/allies with vampires/want to be vampires”
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nord
    My vote was in no way affected by my bias towards Nord's who have been the race of my main character in almost every Elder Scrolls game I have played and most likely will play.
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imperial
    We need more for Imperials as Cyrodiil and the Imperial City are both PvP zones where you don't have time to learn about the culture. The city is in ruins and swarming with both Daedra and enemy players.
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly the Dunmer are under represented B)
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orsimer
    Missclicked, I also support Breton as an option.
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imperial
    Imperials.

Always the villain,

Only once the hero (I know you survived though, Abnur. ;) )
    Edited by Siohwenoeht on November 19, 2019 5:46AM
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    australo-penguin

• StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imperial
    imperials get a dead free DLC pvp zone and offer nothing cool but 10k runes
    Imperials.
    Always the villain,
    Only once the hero (I know you survived though, Abnur. ;) )

and this

their passives are also high key garbage for a race you have to PURCHASE
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imperial
    Imperial
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial
    We need more for Imperials as Cyrodiil and the Imperial City are both PvP zones where you don't have time to learn about the culture. The city is in ruins and swarming with both Daedra and enemy players.

^This.^

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy PvP ... but there’s not a major zone storyline in Cyrodiil.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    I guess it's a tie but there's no button for that.

It's imperial and Breton for me.

Imperial may have gold coast, cyrodil , IC but those places are all occupied, destroyed or so small they don't do justice for the race, even though it was a p2p race.

Bretons-they are ok but I personally am fed up with seeing medieval style races after GOT but I guess they could use some love as well.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    While I wish there was more content for and featuring Imperials (one of my two favorite playable races), I agree that Bretons have little defining content.
    Unless being totally average is their specialty.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bretons are also kinda the least interesting because most generic, at least in an mmo... in a single player game i think a breton story about corruption and conspiracy at court could be interesting...

nords dont have a lot of actual content either...they are just always present due to skyrim
    Edited by Nemesis7884 on November 19, 2019 6:36AM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Tbh. after Murkmire (lore wise) I have more questions than before...
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    cyclonus11 already covered it, so in short: Bretons have no DLC, no chapters, nothing.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial
    ...and Nibenay is probably the next chapter in 2020. Skyrim and Lyris 2021 for the 10th anniversary of Skyrim.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    I have to agree that Bretons seem underrepresented culturally. Orsimer are underrepresented geographically but their DLC was very cool.

And while not underrepresented, I am always happy to see more Elven content of all varieties. B)

Nords feel overrepresented if only because I am tired of hearing about Skyrim-this and Skyrim-that, although I am glad the game was so popular.
  • Steff_En
    Steff_En
    ✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Bretons ftw :) (PC|EU)
    Edited by Steff_En on November 19, 2019 7:42AM
    Lilly Virane - Templar - DC - Makellose Eroberin - Nie endendes Lied - PvE - Heal/Support/DD/Off-Tank - CP2100+PC | EU - 2022
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial
    We need more of that Colovian and Nibenese vibe.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    Because this game should be 100% Dunmeri.
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"