Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Did the NA server just poop the bed again? Short answer: A good bit.

• ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ps4 NA just crapped out on me. Things started being delayed by 15 or so seconds, so I logged out. Then the game booted me saying I don't have a valid internet connection. What on earth happened, at this time of night especially, to cause this?
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, maybe if this will continue for long enough they will finally fix PC EU too.
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkdex wrote: »
    Confirming it's also happening on Xbox NA, just got botted from server, this is the second time.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

confirming for ps4 too. lag spikes followed by disconnect
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the royal boot several times tonight but the first time was the worst. I had just killed a dragon and ran up to loot it.. Couldn't loot it. Button wouldn't respond. Then I got booted. I hoped the dragon would still be there for me to loot but by the time I got back on it was gone.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, they finally acknowledged that having EU server constantly crashing was unfair.

So, they upgraded the NA server to act the same way. >:)
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apparently the. PCEU virus is spreading. Do you think my Kaspersky will quarantine this strain so I’ll have stress free gaming tomorrow? NAH, didn’t think so :)
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So sorry guys, it's all my fault. I was so frustrated with the last 3 weeks of being booted from the game in PC-EU, I made my self a toon on PC-NA yesterday...

This. NA is getting refugees because people want to play on a server that ZOS actually seems to care about.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    So sorry guys, it's all my fault. I was so frustrated with the last 3 weeks of being booted from the game in PC-EU, I made my self a toon on PC-NA yesterday...

This. NA is getting refugees because people want to play on a server that ZOS actually seems to care about.

It would be tragic and hilarious if this were actually the case...
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »

Dammit, just go back to your own servers will ya! :)
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »

We don't have a server. We have a sloth in a wheel... an inebriated sloth.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Mate, sloths are fantastic animals. They can have an entire ecosystem growing on their fur. They subsist on leaves that are so unnutricious they rival that of some breakfast cereals. They have a top speed of almost 3 miles per hour. They are models of low energy efficiency.

If only ZOS servers were that effective.
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now all servers are dying?
    Yikes
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Moog
    Moog
    ✭✭✭
    All the khajiit fur is stopping da server fanz from spinanz
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I've talked to a few people who have done it. The theme of the conversation was that with ZOS whinging about the concurrent population on EU being the problem, going to NA with a time-offset might make all the difference.

When I next speak to them, I'll ask if it made a difference worth the need to start from a blank slate again.

FierceSam wrote: »

Mate, sloths are fantastic animals. They can have an entire ecosystem growing on their fur. They subsist on leaves that are so unnutricious they rival that of some breakfast cereals. They have a top speed of almost 3 miles per hour. They are models of low energy efficiency.

Granted. How are they when drunk?
  • bethsheba
    bethsheba
    ✭✭✭
    I remember Gina saying they were going to work on some fix over the weekend for the finder that spreads the LOAD over some database thing. Could this be the cause of the shitting?
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently the. PCEU virus is spreading. Do you think my Kaspersky will quarantine this strain so I’ll have stress free gaming tomorrow? NAH, didn’t think so :)

That entirely depends on WHICH game you choose to play.

Choose wisely, my friend....
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I've talked to a few people who have done it. The theme of the conversation was that with ZOS whinging about the concurrent population on EU being the problem, going to NA with a time-offset might make all the difference.

When I next speak to them, I'll ask if it made a difference worth the need to start from a blank slate again.

FierceSam wrote: »

Granted. How are they when drunk?

Allegedly the leaves they eat ferment in their stomachs, so technically they are always drunk ....
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    uTeox54.jpg
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone in one of these threads mentioned that Disney+ was getting hit with a DDoS attack and that it was impacting other services, including game servers, so I went looking for some information about that. I didn't find anything specifically about a current (that is, ongoing) DDoS attack and Disney+, but there were articles about Disney+ accounts being hacked, as well as about recent DDoS attacks against several games and gaming companies-- for instance, World of Warcraft was specifically mentioned as one of the games recently targeted, although I didn't see ZOS and ESO mentioned before I gave up on trying to weed through all of the old articles about DDoS attacks.

So my takeaway from this is that ZOS and ESO might be getting targeted with DDoS attacks and other hacking attacks. And note that I said "my takeaway" and "might." Also, I am not suggesting that the ESO game servers are all hunky dory and that all issues with lags and stuttering and disconnects are due to DDoS attacks and other hacking attacks. Despite what a lot of forum members keep posting about declining numbers of players, this game seems to have a huge number of people trying to play it at the same time on any given day of the week and at any given hour of the day. That must be hard enough on the game servers as it is-- but adding untold numbers of bots, players who rapidly spam abilities with or without the use of macros to help them (yes, I just went there), problems with the group finder, and who knows what amount of DDoS attacks that might be going on, the servers must be constantly trying to deal with an overwhelming number of messages.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • OolongSnakeTea
    OolongSnakeTea
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    So my takeaway from this is that ZOS and ESO might be getting targeted with DDoS attacks and other hacking attacks. And note that I said "my takeaway" and "might."

It adds up, and follows the trend, so I would not doubt it...

"I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."– Stephen King

• MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As we goooo down, please remeeeeemmber all the times we, shared togeeeeetherr.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problems got a lot worse today. Symptoms suggest PC NA has caught the E-flU.

On the off-chance logging in to character select works, the game usually drops me after minutes spent in the initial loading screen into a game area. If I somehow make it through that, I can’t port without being booted. The latest message said due to “inactivity” - less than a minute after I clicked the wayshrine.

Internet speed test returns ping of 8ms. Router has been restarted. Non-ESO programs run smoothly. Tried with add-ons off.

Well over 30 boots to login in the 3.5 hours I’ve (tried) to play today, split into two sessions about two hours apart. 5 different error codes today. Perhaps 2 successful ports in all that time.

I haven’t experienced anything like this in 2.5 years of playing. The closest was the exe crash week in PvP after Wrathstone. It’s never been this bad for me in PvE.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    So my takeaway from this is that ZOS and ESO might be getting targeted with DDoS attacks and other hacking attacks.

Perhaps. But the fact that exiting the game completely and restarting it improves your performance dramatically suggests something is very wrong with their new memory management.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well.... I have to say that I've not had any issues at all. I play on both PC NA and EU. I start about 7 am US MT, and quit about 4 pm US MT. I don't get DC'd. I don't get lag spikes. I - don't have any issues at all really....

And.... I only have satellite for connection.

Lucky me I guess.