The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[DELETED]

Proxithe
Proxithe
✭✭
N/A
Edited by Proxithe on December 14, 2023 9:01PM
Oh no! I have opinions. Oooh (~o_o)~ so threatening!

[DELETED] 164 votes

Yes
67%
SirAndySporvanFaulgornpukDanikatAektannGarpleyRecktrithiusOediphitryczarDelgentCoolBlast3AjaxandrielbeckamayDarkhorse1975ShalokniractoshHopfmtwevredspecter23TheShadowScout 111 votes
No
32%
ZardayneAcrolasxaraanixiestevenyaub16_ESOidkj.robson1998rwb17_ESOjbranstub17_ESOVoidCommanderAngelisaurSilverwillowManwithBeard9GoregrinderMerlin13KAGLTaleof2CitiesEmirriiArcVelarianAegonnnKatahdinDefilted 53 votes
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't use it. Plenty of people would.

But my crystal ball is ringing with cries of "ZOS nerfed my class to sell more Class Change tokens!"
    Edited by VaranisArano on November 16, 2019 6:25PM
  • Proxithe
    Proxithe
    ✭✭
    Yes
    -
    Edited by Proxithe on December 14, 2023 9:15PM
    Oh no! I have opinions. Oooh (~o_o)~ so threatening!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proxithe wrote: »
    VaranisArano You're probably right, but you could say the same for Race Change Tokens as well.

Yep, people already do say that for race change tokens.

To be honest, I suspect Class Change is the same sort of problem as Faction Change - tied into too many parts of the game systems to make it a simple matter of replacement, to the point that ZOS just doesn't want to put in the time and effort to do it. But that's a suspicion based on why ZOS says they aren't working on faction change. To the best of my knowledge, they haven't ever discussed the possibility of Class Change tokens.

If it is actually possible, I still wouldn't expect Class Change tokens before they've finished their overhaul and standardization of the classes.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    It’s so easy to level a new character in this era of ESO ... less than a day.

That’s way better than other MMOs on the market.
  • OolongSnakeTea
    OolongSnakeTea
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Just level. SMH.
    "I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."– Stephen King

• chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I think it’ll be fine. We get one more line we can use against the more than plentiful whiners these days. Instead of saying train a new X we can say train a new X or “Go change your class to X”. Would be fun to see how many people actually rerolls magsorc or magplar and how many people still stay NB and DKs.

My guess is very few people will actually change because they’ll be complaining on whatever they play anyways.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Just level. SMH.

I don't see how leveling to 50 gets you the skyshards and skill lines you had on the character that you'd just use a token on.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Leveling isn't the issue. It's the skyshards, skill lines and achievements that you'd have to start over for.

I may not personally purchase a class change token myself but at least people would have the option to change if their class gets nerfed while zos turns a profit from players doing so.

Win-win.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would have loved this back in 2015, but I’ve already rerolled my main’s class thrice now. My most progress is on the second reroll, but it would’ve been nice if they did it when necro came out as that is the class I was always trying to emulate.

I’m sure others could use it, but for me it’s too late.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Or account wide everything
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Zacuel wrote: »
    Leveling isn't the issue. It's the skyshards, skill lines and achievements that you'd have to start over for.

I may not personally purchase a class change token myself but at least people would have the option to change if their class gets nerfed while zos turns a profit from players doing so.

Win-win.
    They already give you a Crown store option for skyshards, guild lines, Alliance War, and various other skill lines.

I don't think you want to compare the cost they'd have to charge to match the return of buying your new character.

50-100 hours (and that's generous) will get you most of what you need for any new character, and 18 character slots is enough to have about every combo covered.

As far as achievements go, they simply need to implement an account-wide cheevo's summary.

As quickly as you can get to 50 now, and with the other purchasable options, I am a little surprised they haven't gone ahead and offered an insta-50 in the CS, because it doesn't really save that much doing it the 'long' way anymore.

But, nah, class change still isn't needed.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

But my crystal ball is ringing with cries of "ZOS nerfed my class to sell more Class Change tokens!"

LOL, But very true.

Also, I am not aware of a major MMORPG of this design that sells class change tokens in their cash shop. On average they make money off people rolling alts. Not everyone will spend that cash but many do in troves. They probably made bank when necros were added to the game.

In other words I would not expect it would be worth it for Zos to sell class change tokens as they could expect it to cut into existing revenue sources.
  • AngelaWasp
    AngelaWasp
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'd love to change one of my stamblades to a stamwarden... my stamblades are all retired and I miss playing them... sigh... I will definitely not start again with a new character, I'm burnt out from levelling, then horse training, upgrading skill lines, etc. etc.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    AngelaWasp wrote: »
    I'd love to change one of my stamblades to a stamwarden... my stamblades are all retired and I miss playing them... sigh... I will definitely not start again with a new character, I'm burnt out from levelling, then horse training, upgrading skill lines, etc. etc.

I'd swap my wardens to almost anything else....
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    To be honest, I suspect Class Change is the same sort of problem as Faction Change - tied into too many parts of the game systems to make it a simple matter of replacement, to the point that ZOS just doesn't want to put in the time and effort to do it. But that's a suspicion based on why ZOS says they aren't working on faction change. To the best of my knowledge, they haven't ever discussed the possibility of Class Change tokens.

Class change has no way as much tied to it as faction does, with class you just have 3 skill trees, it would just be the same as a race change. With faction, you have the OG main story and your home town, for things like the harborage that would need to change, that is properly rooted into the core of the game.

Unfortunately, a class change token would not make business sense as why would you want to sell someone a single class change token when you can sell them a new char slot, xp pots, skyshards & other skill lines...
    The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • Shaloknir
    Shaloknir
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes please :-)

I would change my main toon in to a bad ass sorcerer! My main is magicka templar and im so bored with it.

Yet ive collected so many skyshards and crafting skills with the templar. It would take a year to accomplish that with new toon :-(
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    A short term solution would be just make alliance rank and achievements account wide this is the only reason I don't play my alts as much since I have nearly 30k+ achievements on my main...
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    No
    There are already too many "Change Tokens". At least don't add more, please.
    Arinwyn ~ Cute Wood Elf Archer
    Wardena ~ Frost Wardeness [Died alongside Arctic Blast]
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Bomblebee ~ cya'll out there
    Bouncing Betty ~ Front Toward Enemy
    Spearpoint ~ Jab Them With The Pointy End
    Six Feet Above ~ Reapertime!
    Bisolar Disorder - Bright & Moody
    Django Unleashed ~ Mr. Nordic Bather's Towel
    Master Angler ~ Struggles With Ichthyophobia
    Ichthyophobia ~ Secretely Dreams of Becoming a Master Angler
    Lol Brb

"Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." — Queen Ayrenn
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Just as a follow-up comment, I really enjoy the feeling of our toons to be as original as possible from the moment of their birth. Their personalities and identities seems stronger that way.

#immersion
    Arinwyn ~ Cute Wood Elf Archer
    Wardena ~ Frost Wardeness [Died alongside Arctic Blast]
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Bomblebee ~ cya'll out there
    Bouncing Betty ~ Front Toward Enemy
    Spearpoint ~ Jab Them With The Pointy End
    Six Feet Above ~ Reapertime!
    Bisolar Disorder - Bright & Moody
    Django Unleashed ~ Mr. Nordic Bather's Towel
    Master Angler ~ Struggles With Ichthyophobia
    Ichthyophobia ~ Secretely Dreams of Becoming a Master Angler
    Lol Brb

"Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." — Queen Ayrenn
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    They wouldn't need a class change token if they let us merge characters of the same class together to let us choose between racials / builds.

What I mean by this is, if I have a Dragonknight Nord Tank and a Dragonknight Breton mDK and I merged them. I end up with 1 character that has 2 separate loadouts with 2 different CP's and 2 different attributes and 2 different racials and 2 different skill and set loadouts that you can swap between at will. If I make an Orc Dragonknight I can also merge that into the 1 character. Now I simply have 1 Dragon knight with 3 (or more) different loadouts that can take on every role and PVP easily.

18 Character slots, 6 classes means 3 characters per class.

So if people make 6 primary characters 1 for each class, and have builds and loadouts available you won't need a class change because you will have 1 of each class in a much more meaningful way that we presently have with mono-functional characters we have.

The problem we have, and the primary reason people want class changes is because they are not really characters, they are builds, and some patches nerf builds and other builds on other classes become more appealing. If ZOS made the characters more meaningful and more multifunctioned then we wouldn't have a need or desire to swap classes.

I'd much prefer 6 multifunctional characters than 18 'builds'.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    The only fair reason to allow people to do it, would be on the basis that they changed the racial of your character and it is now not suited to its original class.

...but, then they have intentionally created a problem, that didn't exist prior to your character's creation and have then sold you a solution.

So, I'm going to have to say no, while they can mess around with things like that.
    Edited by Tigerseye on November 29, 2019 4:39AM
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    If i still had hair, i’d be pullling it out from all the posts i see all the time about class change tokens
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

If you just level you need to grind out SP, skills line, etc...everyone doesn't have the resource of time to do this; instead they may have the financial resource to simply swap to another class if that option was available.
  • Tycleton
    Tycleton
    ✭✭✭
    No
    "I will have a big ol' pot of XP please. Craftable into whatever I want, when I want it."

So with enough cash in the real bank, I can play flavor of the month anytime? No thank you!
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    My wallets still waiting zos
  • TigressCreed
    TigressCreed
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    It’s not about levelling to 50. It’s the damn MOUNT upgrades which take 6 months to upgrade fully, the sky shards, the achievements, and possibly the exact look of the character you can’t re create. They can at least tell us why it’s not feasible if it’s a UI problem.
    Xbox NA TigressCreed
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It would be nice.
    Not for the levelling, but... for the crafting research, riding, achievements, etc. And most of all, for keeping your character visuals (since we -still- cannot save character slider settings)

Saldy, the powers that be... are still on record with going "Nope" on that one, so until and unless they change their minds... its a futile discussion.

• Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should there be a Class Change Token available for purchase in the Crown Store?

i think maybe only eso plus members should be able to purchase it. they dont want it in the store because if you are out of slots, you are forced to buy another slot. however, eso members should be able to buy a class change token as they are paying every month. yes they get crowns, but many just sell them for gold as there is nothing else they wanna buy.
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭

we all know zos nerfs classes at will. every release. getting a class change token allow you to keep the toon you like (or give it a better fit) and the level you worked for.
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭

not everyone wants to farm boring dolmens or buy pots.