The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

'An admin recently changed your information'

Jaimeh
Jaimeh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I tried to log in the forums today and I got the following message:

2l0fw5pjdf36.png

I followed instructions and was able to log in normally after that, but I would like to know if it was an admin who did that or whether someone tried to get into my account.

Thank you.
  • IHecate
    IHecate
    ✭✭✭
    The exact same thing happened to me today. I too am interested to know if an administrator changed my account information and why?
  • DrOuttaSight
    DrOuttaSight
    ✭✭✭
    Me Three.

Prob an auto response for members who don't change their psw as often as they should.
    Forums are for........... venting/letting off steam
    Feed the needy Not the greedy
    In Virtual Space No One Can Hear You Scream!!!

PC EU Clockwork Server
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This just happened to me as well.
    @ZOS_BillE what is up.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also just happened to me what's going on?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This also just happened to me, at 5:24pm EST. Reset password and everything seems fine. Is this a general administrator sweep, or what?
    Edited by VaranisArano on November 16, 2019 10:36PM
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same thing happened to me also. I'm wondering if this happened to people who bought the new explorer costume?
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I never bought the costume.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same message,was logged in 10 min ago and i now got the above screen for change password
    Edited by method__01 on November 16, 2019 10:46PM
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same.
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same.
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same message for me.
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Main character: Healer, CP 1300+,
    Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing happened to me also. I'm wondering if this happened to people who bought the new explorer costume?

I didn't buy it (previewed it and decided I didn't like it enough to buy it), so hopefully that eases your mind.
  • Tirps
    Tirps
    ✭✭✭✭
    #MeToo
    No costume bought or anything, just randomly forced to change it.

ejgx1mz96bh7.png

Edited by Tirps on November 16, 2019 10:56PM
    cp1k+ ( ´•౪•`)
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same, had to reset password & stuff... for no reason... weird...
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just happened to me. I assume it's some sort of routine update you're info kind of thing.

For all of you anyway.

For me that's all just a cover up because they're really just out to get me.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here, I replied in a few discussions that were closed soon afterwards. Hmm... :|
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it was a routine update one would think more would be posting about it.
    I think they marked us troublemakers! lmao

edit - I spoke too soon tinfoil hat theories have started in General. ;)
    Edited by TequilaFire on November 16, 2019 11:15PM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got that, too. For a minute, I thought that one Mod decided to finally ban me for good.

You know who you are.

:trollface:
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought I finally got hit with Stendarr's Banhammer...

Phew :p
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forums hacked
    637832048504995844.png?v=1
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happened to me too, thought i`d got banned.. (I`m innocent *kitten eyes*)

Then thought maybe the forum server got compromised for a short moment since i swear i saw the "secure lock" icon be the unsecure page version.

Was tired though so not 100% sure lol

Perhaps was just routine thing.

Or they are preparing to purge soon all who had that happen as troublemakers. :joy:
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got this too and has not played much the last days after event got canceled, just some quests.

Question does you have the same password on forum and the game?
    I had and got this, logged into the game and had to use the old password.

I always assume forum and game accounts was linked.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me Three.

Prob an auto response for members who don't change their psw as often as they should.

Not at all. For many of us our PW has been the same for the game, website and the forums. When I changed my PW on the website it changed it for the forums and the game.

This action today was merely forcing those with their password linked to everything to set a different password for the forums without out bothering to inform us. Such an unprofessional means to handle something. Sad sign of Matt Firor's management skills.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Timing on a weekend is also very risky.
  • Sylianwe
    Sylianwe
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's Molag Bal, he's harvesting our souls. And our passwords. Through the forums.
    The mind is a walled garden, even death can not touch the flowers blooming there 🌹
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    This action today was merely forcing those with their password linked to everything to set a different password for the forums without out bothering to inform us. Such an unprofessional means to handle something. Sad sign of Matt Firor's management skills.

That is simply not true. I have had different passwords for my game account and forum account for years, and still had my forum password reset today. It's not the first time this has happened either. I remember the same thing happening maybe 2 or 3 years ago. Agreed on the lack of professionalism regarding letting us know what's going on, though.
    Edited by daemonios on November 17, 2019 12:19AM
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just got this too.... and haven't replied much to anything at all in the last week... only reading mainly... sooooooo.... I'm kind of worried about the security of these forums, or if there is a disgruntled admin at work.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Path
    Path
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same.
    No clue as to the costume thing. Just tried to login.
    Did login to the game around 8:00PM Eastern. No trouble.
    Forums, odd.
    Reset. All ok.
    Fairy Tales Really Do Come True...Kinda.
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was going to make a thread about this but since this exists already, I too have concerns about that. I don't like changing my Password when it was fine previously. Not I have to type this new one somewhere or I'm sure to forget it.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The vendor we use to power the ESO forums reset all user passwords for partners that had upgraded to their most recent software version, which included the ESO forums. You are required to reset your password as a security precaution to address a potential security issue in their forum software. Please be aware that ESO forum accounts are completely separate from your ESO game account, so your existing credentials can still be used to access the game. To log into your forum account, simply go to the sign in screen and reset your password. As soon as we receive more information from the vendor, we'll pass it on.
This discussion has been closed.