The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

STONE GIANT... are you serious, lol?

Crom_CCCXVI
Crom_CCCXVI
✭✭✭✭✭
Did anyone even test this dumb change to what was our only ranged stun?

So my Mag DK, runs into a Sorc in Cyrodil... he starts his barrage, (a little while ago you took our deflect away, so I need to get close I guess--- but since he has streak and major expedition I can't really catch him, but I can stun him right? I have a staff, but Shock Reach won't do that, a Flame Staff just knocks him farther away, and a Frost Staff just kills your damage
so now he is kiting me, stunning me with Crystal Blast, Rune Cage, etc.... The range on fossilize is only 7meters, but I know, I love STONE GIANT! A heal and a stun, that is great skill.... even if I don't stun, I can stay in the fight right?

oh wait, the Heal is gone, and now I have to hit him 3x in 6 seconds? and it's stam based... so while he is dodging, streaking and dropping an endless barrage of 8k frags on my head I am trying to hit him with 3 worthless Stone Giants? and hoping that he doesn't have Immunity (lets not forget people have CC, Stun, and Off Balance Immunity about 80% of the time now).

So is Mag DK the only class that has no ranged stuns or immobilizes now?

and Chains? I really don't want to give someone CC immunity just so I can get close to them....
So now half our skills are like less than 1000 damage dots (which translates to a worthless 300-400 (not thousand, hundred) damage per tic or just impossible like Stone Giant? I\m not sure what the developers have against combat, but this is horrible
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree. Was looking for a good stun since dizzy got nerfed and turn evil can miss a lot and has no range.
    Instead we get a dumb rework to the skill and less options.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nb doesn't have a ranged stun
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [...] stunning me with Crystal Blast[...]

and Chains? I really don't want to give someone CC immunity just so I can get close to them.... [...]

Empowering Chains, the morph that moves you, does not grant immunity to your target. Yes, it can move you into a position that isn't to your advantage, but with a ranged stun you'd still need to move there anyways.

Also which sorc player uses Crystal Blast? Probably the same players that just don't want to slot Chains.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [...] stunning me with Crystal Blast[...]

and Chains? I really don't want to give someone CC immunity just so I can get close to them.... [...]

Empowering Chains, the morph that moves you, does not grant immunity to your target. Yes, it can move you into a position that isn't to your advantage, but with a ranged stun you'd still need to move there anyways.

Also which sorc player uses Crystal Blast? Probably the same players that just don't want to slot Chains.

Was gonna say this same thing. Empowering Chains is the better morph all around. Solves the kite-y sorc problem nicely. 2x empower is nice too.

And yeah.. if the sorc is using Crystal Blast then you should have all the time in the world to just block that nonsense. I've only ever seen sorc healers using it personally.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The other morph is the ranged heal now.. It even deals fire damage.

And regarding the other morph being a stamina spammable, I just want to say:

I never asked for this :trollface:
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 6, 2019 3:21PM
  • SipofMaim
    SipofMaim
    ✭✭✭✭

No. We join magden, which like us also does not have an execute.

Several stuns have gone down the drain in recent updates. Mobility is king, lucky for the class that has so much of it. (And a stun on their mobility skill just for lulz.)
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SipofMaim wrote: »

Several stuns have gone down the drain in recent updates. Mobility is king, lucky for the class that has so much of it. (And a stun on their mobility skill just for lulz.)

Lack of reliable CC does indeed hurt the immobile ones the most. However I believe magDk still has fossilize which is very reliable, albeit limited in range. As for magdens I don't really consider them immobile. Just not as mobile as magsorcs which is on a ridicilous level, making stamina builds look slow. They're not a great solo class due to lack of CC and execute, however they have pretty much everything else.

Thing here is that stamina classes getting new morphs meant magicka classes losing some, naturally. The only way to make everybody happy is to add more morphs to the game which is unfortunately not happening.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 6, 2019 3:48PM
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    why not just have a stam whip zos...

instead of flaming poop.
    everyone would have liked it. no problem there. but no. You wanted flaming poop. But we have to live with it.

dk class identity for me is being able to hold your ground and wear down your opponents. whip is a very fitting skill for that.
    not fistfuls of flaming poop.like imagine if your fighting this knight. and they throw a lump of flaming poop. class identity right there.

and idk if u think its a rock. throwing rocks doesn't fit the knight class identity either.
    JUST ADD A STAM WHIP

oh and i dont play stamdk but i dont like having lumps of flaming poop being thrown towards me.
    Edited by ThePhantomThorn on November 7, 2019 4:38AM
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to use it instead of power slame, but it cost way too much for a spamable.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why not just have a stam whip zos...

instead of flaming poop.
    everyone would have liked it. no problem there. but no. You wanted flaming poop. But we have to live with it.

dk class identity for me is being able to hold your ground and wear down your opponents. whip is a very fitting skill for that.
    not fistfuls of flaming poop.like imagine if your fighting this knight. and they throw a lump of flaming poop. class identity right there.

and idk if u think its a rock. throwing rocks doesn't fit the knight class identity either.
    JUST ADD A STAM WHIP

oh and i dont play stamdk but i dont like having lumps of flaming poop being thrown towards me.

agree but this thread is about MagDK, which, stamDK like myself had to painfully deal with Mag-cost skills, they now have to use a spammable that costs Stam....

Seriously, MagDK should just skip this skill altogether. Leave this headache of flaming poop to us, your stambrothers and stamsisters.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »
    I would love to use it instead of power slame, but it cost way too much for a spamable.

In case I have a brain fart right now: Isn't power slam more expensive if you take helping hands into calculation?
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked to knock back on first cast not the third....
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skill is good, you can stack it on immune targets and hit them off immunity 1 time. I'm using it like Suprise attack.

As for magdk, you have better options. Fossilize is still king, and chains charge molten whip. Might have to drop a DoT or back bar a DoT/chains so you can slot it. I'd advise the DoT because it has a reeeaally long duration now.

Obsidian is decent, just not great.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it quite a bit so far. The stun is weak but this does fill a considerable gap in my skillset. As somebody not too handy with bow it seems quite nice in VMA.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you’re losing to someone using Crystal Blast. I have some bad news for you...
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In case I have a brain fart right now: Isn't power slam more expensive if you take helping hands into calculation?

3443 base Stam - 990 = 2453 for stone giant vs 2700 base cost for power slam.
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accelerating Drain is one of the cheesiest stuns in the game right now and it is 12 m

Yeah, there are 0 ranged stun options and vampire is bad. *whistles suspiciously*
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "so now he is kiting me"
    And that is where it all went wrong. Don't let them kite you. You don't have to chase everyone down.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Chilly-McFreeze nice point, but it still cost like 300 more stamina, which can hurt my sustain really bad (already low sustain build)

Also, power slam feels more natural with stamDK,
    As you block incoming dmg and the tool tip of it keep rising, then u pop corrusive armor and the tool tip can be reach to around 20k+(considering youre using fury aswell)
    Edited by amir412 on November 10, 2019 9:22AM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nb doesn't have a ranged stun

Nb doesnt have anything anymore
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lmfao another DK complaining as usual. How about you donate the only 2 in 1 CC in game? Just donate fossilize out. I’m sure wardens would trade you arctic wind any day. Oh *** wait that’s melee range. I guess that’s not a ranged cc eh? Oh NBs you have cloak so we don’t worry about you. We DKs. DKs suck with that no cast time leap. DKs suck with that fossilize. DK sucks with cauterize and morphs being the most efficient heal or dmg/resource spent. DKs just don’t have anything! :( oh no, what am I gonna do as a Necro. We don’t have ranged stun. Do we just outsource it from flame clench or vamp drain like magDKs. MagDKs nO RaNgED sTUn. MagDKs only that *** fossilize. It sucks so bad it costs both undo stun and roll dodge to just cancel out one skill worth of cc. Q_Q plz let’s agree with other fellow DKs so we can buff more buff MOAR. ZoS we want MOAR BuFFz.
  • BloodSkull_ESO
    BloodSkull_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    chrightt wrote: »
    Lmfao another DK complaining as usual. How about you donate the only 2 in 1 CC in game? Just donate fossilize out. I’m sure wardens would trade you arctic wind any day. Oh *** wait that’s melee range. I guess that’s not a ranged cc eh? Oh NBs you have cloak so we don’t worry about you. We DKs. DKs suck with that no cast time leap. DKs suck with that fossilize. DK sucks with cauterize and morphs being the most efficient heal or dmg/resource spent. DKs just don’t have anything! :( oh no, what am I gonna do as a Necro. We don’t have ranged stun. Do we just outsource it from flame clench or vamp drain like magDKs. MagDKs nO RaNgED sTUn. MagDKs only that *** fossilize. It sucks so bad it costs both undo stun and roll dodge to just cancel out one skill worth of cc. Q_Q plz let’s agree with other fellow DKs so we can buff more buff MOAR. ZoS we want MOAR BuFFz.

best post in this entire thread.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Chilly-McFreeze nice point, but it still cost like 300 more stamina, which can hurt my sustain really bad (already low sustain build)

Also, power slam feels more natural with stamDK,
    As you block incoming dmg and the tool tip of it keep rising, then u pop corrusive armor and the tool tip can be reach to around 20k+(considering youre using fury aswell)

what kind of weapon damage /CP config to put powerslam tooltip at 20k+??
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    what kind of weapon damage /CP config to put powerslam tooltip at 20k+??

You could get it to around 24k with:

Orc / Warrior / 7 Medium / 500 point Balorgh / full stack Fury / full stack Power Slam, 100 in Mighty, 100 in Master at Arms

Not really a realistic scenario to have all that at once, but the full stack Power Slam is definitely the key, it's a 50% buff

• Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course you could get it even higher than 24k with Stone Giant swag stacks :smile:
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking what will make me use this and what stamDK lacks... stamDK lacks class gap closer. Yeah, we can use crit rush, but bar space is tight with claw and noxious already.
    So I think adding gap closer when stacks are consumed and target is stunned will make this ability into a nice one.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking what will make me use this and what stamDK lacks... stamDK lacks class gap closer. Yeah, we can use crit rush, but bar space is tight with claw and noxious already.
    So I think adding gap closer when stacks are consumed and target is stunned will make this ability into a nice one.

Empowering chains?
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So my Mag DK, runs into a Sorc in Cyrodil... he starts his barrage, (a little while ago you took our deflect away, so I need to get close I guess--- but since he has streak and major expedition I can't really catch him, but I can stun him right? I have a staff, but Shock Reach won't do that, a Flame Staff just knocks him farther away, and a Frost Staff just kills your damage
    so now he is kiting me, stunning me with Crystal Blast, Rune Cage, etc.... The range on fossilize is only 7meters, but I know, I love STONE GIANT! A heal and a stun, that is great skill.... even if I don't stun, I can stay in the fight right?

oh wait, the Heal is gone, and now I have to hit him 3x in 6 seconds? and it's stam based... so while he is dodging, streaking and dropping an endless barrage of 8k frags on my head I am trying to hit him with 3 worthless Stone Giants? and hoping that he doesn't have Immunity (lets not forget people have CC, Stun, and Off Balance Immunity about 80% of the time now).

and Chains? I really don't want to give someone CC immunity just so I can get close to them....
    So now half our skills are like less than 1000 damage dots (which translates to a worthless 300-400 (not thousand, hundred) damage per tic or just impossible like Stone Giant? I\m not sure what the developers have against combat, but this is horrible

If you are using mag dk, you have chain that pulls you to your target aka *** closer that comes with major expedition work well against streak. Stone fist has a magicka morph thay heals and stuns at 28m. Gaint stone previous morph was never good on either magicka or stam specs, it dealt have the dmg and full dmg if you stun the target, and it was dealing magic dmg, now it is stam base and deals physical dmg. If you are stam dk, use crit rush aka gap closer, every time you reach the streaking sorc, use fossilize if they are not inder cc cooldown.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »

Empowering chains?

empowering chains? on stamDK? Seriously?

And here I was thinking my build can't get worse than it already is, thanks , I'll slot empowering chains on STAMDK. That way I'll deliver free AP to my enemies , but with style.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 19, 2019 4:22AM
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SipofMaim wrote: »

Give me stam sorc your wipe, no better excute that than. As far as I know in high mmr BG, almost no magicka spec uses excute abilities, espacialy sorc.