The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Dragonhold 30 Daily Reward "Dragonguard Supply Chest" Is Easily Missable (Fixed)

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Pictured below and circled in red is a supply chest available to a player who has unlocked the final reward tier at the dragonguard sanctum. It is not listed anywhere and is easily missable. The chest doesn't glow or anything but is present in front of the questgiver and its disappointing that I missed out on several days without looting the chest because I didn't know it existed.
chy84azat0aj.png
Edited by Aliyavana on April 1, 2020 8:17PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish the devs would make the chest glow, because it looks mundane and easily missable
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    I wish the devs would make the chest glow, because it looks mundane and easily missable

I can barely even see it in your circle. They could've made it red or some other color that didn't blend into the background.

Either way, good looking out! Thanks for the heads up...
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »

I can barely even see it in your circle. They could've made it red or some other color that didn't blend into the background.

Either way, good looking out! Thanks for the heads up...

or particle effects around it
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting this. I've missed out on a week of rewards so far. *disappointed face*
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess I'll pick it up next time I log on
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldnt something like this be a fun little surprise in the world instead of an inconvenient annoyance? Getting loot from something unexpected?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • malatorius
    malatorius
    ✭✭
    I was wondering what the point was getting all the dailies done outside chance at motifs
    And Fadomai said, "When Nirni is filled with her children, take one of them and change them. Make the fastest, cleverest, most beautiful people, and call them Khajiit."
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you OP for the post! <3

And thank you Zeni for once again failing!

What could have been a nice reward for finishing the season of the dragon...

turns into "Oh we're sorry you missed our hidden reward for your efforts...no wait NOT sorry". :(

This on top of the crappy state of the game atm...

CONGRATS on the epic troll ZOS!

Indeed, well done! >:)
    PC NA
    Characters formally known as Veteran 16:
    Wldkarde, Sir WldKarde , Lil-Miss WldKarde,
    Dame WldKarde Stamplar "Master Angler" "Main" ,
    Shady WldKarde, WldKarde"s Bacon, Jaded WldKarde,
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players: ZOS, you make everything too easy! I get a quest and you give me quest markers that tell me exactly where to go and what to look at! It's not even interesting, let alone challenging! There's no sense of exploration and discovery!

Later...

Players: ZOS, why didn't you make this reward chest glow, or put a quest marker over it, or something/anything to let me know that I'm supposed to open it up and claim these rewards? Why would you do this to me? Why?

ZOS: <facepalm> <headshake>
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Players: ZOS, you make everything too easy! I get a quest and you give me quest markers that tell me exactly where to go and what to look at! It's not even interesting, let alone challenging! There's no sense of exploration and discovery!

Later...

Players: ZOS, why didn't you make this reward chest glow, or put a quest marker over it, or something/anything to let me know that I'm supposed to open it up and claim these rewards? Why would you do this to me? Why?

I feel you lol. No hints given that this was even a reward.
    Edited by Aliyavana on November 6, 2019 9:19AM
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The least we could have had is a quest dialogue saying it's been enabled.

Also, a timer - similar to Shadowy Supplier - would make this much more user friendly so that you can pick it up once per day.

It's a great little reward for completing all 30 just not executed very well.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Or let the goods accumulate until you pick it up.
    Although if that's one day of goods it's way too much.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pictured below and circled in red is a supply chest available to a player who has unlocked the final reward tier at the dragonguard sanctum. It is not listed anywhere and is easily missable. The chest doesn't glow or anything but is present in front of the questgiver and its disappointing that I missed out on several days without looting the chest because I didn't know it existed.
    chy84azat0aj.png

Good post bud.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Or let the goods accumulate until you pick it up.
    Although if that's one day of goods it's way too much.

Its a daily pick up.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sporvan wrote: »

Also, a timer - similar to Shadowy Supplier - would make this much more user friendly so that you can pick it up once per day.

It resets every time writs and pledges reset i believe
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

Later...

I feel you lol. No hints given that this was even a reward.

I'm not criticizing anyone for wanting some sort of hint about, or marker over, the reward chest. It just struck me that ZOS has a nearly impossible task as far as trying to please the players. :)

I think you did the right thing to call other players' attention to the reward chest. Something like this (your thread) should be one of the reasons there are forums and fan sites about games-- to share tips about things that might be missed. Although I didn't play all of the many Mario games on Nintendo (just a couple of them), I remember how there used to be magazines full of tips about which pipe to take to enter some secret level, or things like that-- things that the players had to discover on their own while playing the game. Nowadays there are web sites for that sort of thing.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can it give motifs too?
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Dread_Viking
    Dread_Viking
    ✭✭✭✭
    also why is this account wide and not just character
    Don't worry girl I'm a Sorcerer, i got my Hardened Ward for protection
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't check every lootable container in the game as you go buy, are you even a ESO player?

:-P
    The Moot Councillor
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Dread_Viking Dragonguard Sanctum unlockable upgrades aren't account wide. They are char related.
    Edited by redlink1979 on November 15, 2019 12:11PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Dread_Viking
    Dread_Viking
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Dread_Viking Dragonguard Sanctum unlockable upgrades aren't account wide. They are char related.

the why can i only open the chest on 1 charterer a day
    Don't worry girl I'm a Sorcerer, i got my Hardened Ward for protection
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    the why can i only open the chest on 1 charterer a day
    You've done 30+ Dragonguard quests on every character you're attempting? That's... something.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • nickl413
    nickl413
    ✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    If you don't check every lootable container in the game as you go buy, are you even a ESO player?

:-P

Every other container in Tideholm can not be interacted with. I've seen this one close when I port in like there is someting special about it but never been able to interact with it. Now I see, you gotta be standing right over it looking down.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to know. Thanks!
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Missed out on a few weeks worth there lol
    PC EU
  • BiggusWandus
    BiggusWandus
    Soul Shriven
    Thx for Info! Missed this completely..
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chy84azat0aj.png

Thanks you. I did not know.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know about this! I had wondered if there was more to it. Thank you!
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Snipress
    Snipress
    ✭✭✭
    Can it not be looted on each character that has it unlocked? I've done 30+ quests on two characters because I thought I could loot it on both. 😭
    Edited by Snipress on November 20, 2019 4:59AM
    Finding beauty in negative spaces.

Officer & recruiter for Lunacy on the Xbox - NA server.
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sporvan wrote: »

Agreed!
    Only flaw is that you can only collect the chest once a day with only one char, the chest seems to be account wide for some reason and not for each char who rebuild the draganguard...
    Edited by sudaki_eso on November 26, 2019 12:59PM
    PS4 EU - StamDK
This discussion has been closed.